Steve McClaren

Dave

It's a fair point that if he's been even slightly better at his job and we'd have survived by the skin of our teeth, we'd be having a total reenactment of last season at the moment. Still juggling a squad who have no idea what they're doing. Colo would be on another years extension.

Just imagine it... only because he was so shit do we now have Rafa.

I don't hate him like I do Pardew, or even Allardyce or Sounness, but he's a shite manager and I don't really buy into this "at least he's a decent bloke" thing either, he was a bit of a knob with his constant smiling and saying how good we were after having been utter shit. Had we not come from four years of domestic abuse, a lot of us probably wouldn't have a good word to say about him.

Guest firetotheworks

He's just a proper useless wet flannel isn't he? Not really hate able or anything, just uninspiring and totally shit.

Let's put it this way, McClaren is a guy you'd want to slap in the face with a open palm, and ask him to man up. Meanwhile if Pardew had a fever you would like to check his temperature anally with a chainsaw.

No but seriously, i don't like either but Pardew is on a different planet when it comes to hate.

He's just a proper useless wet flannel isn't he? Not really hate able or anything, just uninspiring and totally s***.

Yet our brain trust decided to give him the top job and even a place on the board !!

Funny how folks on here knew when we were first linked with him that this would be a bad appointment (although I think not many thought it would turn out as bad as it did) and we are just a bunch of spotty no life teens !! While the so called experts, people who make a living from this sport couldn't see that and thought he was the man to bring the good times back to our club.

I remember when Pardew left, Mark Douglas, probably one of the better ones at Thompson House, was telling us all how McClaren was the man we should be going after, now of course he's the first to tell us how terrible appointment he was.

I'll always wish hell on earth for him. 5-1 against Crystal f***ing Palace and he praises the performance.

Christ that game  :lol:

Never seen defending like it, absolutely comical.  The players were a bunch of utter c**** that day, total cowards

I thought he pulled a bit of a fast one trying to suggest that he wasn't given enough control over signings, I'm pretty sure Wijnaldum was one of his, and he had a fair input into our January window where Shelvey and Townsend arrived. He was just a weak manager, you could give him any squad in the premier and he'd struggle with them in the end because let's face it, if you were a player would  you respect him?

I'll always wish hell on earth for him. 5-1 against Crystal f***ing Palace and he praises the performance.

Christ that game  :lol:

Never seen defending like it, absolutely comical.  The players were a bunch of utter c**** that day, total cowards

Was absolutely buzzing when we scored too. One of very few times under his shambolic reign.

It is pretty pathetic that he allowed himself to be in a weak position with the board.  When a club keeps coming in for you despite rejecting them previously, surely you can dictate your own terms.

Anyway, I guess we had to suffer the pain of McClaren in order to get Rafa.  If McClaren had picked up a couple more wins, he would not have been sacked and Rafa would probably have ended up elsewhere and we would be the ones appointing Steve Bruce.

He's just a proper useless wet flannel isn't he? Not really hate able or anything, just uninspiring and totally s***.

Yet our brain trust decided to give him the top job and even a place on the board !!

Funny how folks on here knew when we were first linked with him that this would be a bad appointment (although I think not many thought it would turn out as bad as it did) and we are just a bunch of spotty no life teens !! While the so called experts, people who make a living from this sport couldn't see that and thought he was the man to bring the good times back to our club.

I remember when Pardew left, Mark Douglas, probably one of the better ones at Thompson House, was telling us all how McClaren was the man we should be going after, now of course he's the first to tell us how terrible appointment he was.

I dont remember Douglas singing his praises but it totally felt that we were being force fed how wonderful mcclaren was from the crayon of lee ryder.

My only problem with McClaren is that it took far to long to sack him. I was encouraged by his hire at the time, tbh, but it clearly was not working here, and everyone sat quietly as NUFC hurtled towards relegation. Many managers fail at positions. Most of them are also promptly sacked. I still fail to understand why he was here until March, especially given decent-sized investment in the squad.

Clearly he has something about him for both Twente and Derby to have called him back at the first opportunity. I cannot imagine any of Pardew's employers doing this. :lol:

I wasn't expecting the worst when we got McClaren. I thought individual errors doomed him in that Wally with the Brolly game, and Derby were unlucky to lose the playoff final in his first season there. My main concern was that their promotion push in his second season was doomed by their defence going AWOL. We were shite all round, but defence was still our biggest problem under Carver and the most logical place to start to put things right.

From what he did with us though, all the naysayers about McClaren were proved right. I thought we might have turned a corner as late as the West Ham game, but he changed the formation and it was back to dross the following week.

I wasn't expecting the worst when we got McClaren. I thought individual errors doomed him in that Wally with the Brolly game, and Derby were unlucky to lose the playoff final in his first season there. My main concern was that their promotion push in his second season was doomed by their defence going AWOL. We were s**** all round, but defence was still our biggest problem under Carver and the most logical place to start to put things right.

From what he did with us though, all the naysayers about McClaren were proved right. I thought we might have turned a corner as late as the West Ham game, but he changed the formation and it was back to dross the following week.

Yup. What immediately followed that west ham game, where we should have gone on a winning run with the same or similar team week in, week out, was incomprehensible, and typified his tenure at this club. And in the game. For some reason, this man is deathly afraid of away matches. And loses them before we even start packing our bags to go there.

• 2 months later...

Don't think he is as bad as he is made out to be from his time here. There were a lot of good performances and results. (Southampton, manure, Chelsea, Arsenal, Norwich, Liverpool at home, Spurs away spring to mind)

Any manager would struggle with the clowns at the back we had and no recognised striker. He had some poor results too but yeah I find it hard to call him when he was hampered my a mess of a recruitment policy.

Don't think he is as bad as he is made out to be from his time here. There were a lot of good performances and results.

Any manager would struggle with the clowns at the back we had and no recognised striker.

Nope, not biting.

Don't think he is as bad as he is made out to be from his time here. There were a lot of good performances and results.

Any manager would struggle with the clowns at the back we had and no recognised striker.

:lol:

He won 6 out of 29 matches.