Steve McClaren

Dave

Don't think he is as bad as he is made out to be from his time here. There were a lot of good performances and results.

Any manager would struggle with the clowns at the back we had and no recognised striker.

:lol:

He won 6 out of 29 matches.

With a weak as piss defence and no striker. Not saying he is great but anyone would of struggled with the state of our defence last season

Don't think he is as bad as he is made out to be from his time here. There were a lot of good performances and results. (Southampton, manure, Chelsea, Arsenal, Norwich, Liverpool at home, Spurs away spring to mind)

Any manager would struggle with the clowns at the back we had and no recognised striker. He had some poor results too but yeah I find it hard to call him when he was hampered my a mess of a recruitment policy.

Alright shteve

Turned down the job repeatedly until he got sacked & was thirsty for cash, was utterly shite & complicit in the club going down, laughed to reporters after pastings, didn't walk, got paid off very handsomely, turns up punditing in us without a shred of dignity. Aye, great English guy.

Turned down the job repeatedly until he got sacked & was thirsty for cash, was utterly shite & complicit in the club going down, laughed to reporters after pastings, didn't walk, got paid off very handsomely, turns up punditing in us without a shred of dignity. Aye, great English guy.

:thup:

Lost 5-1 to Pardew's goal-shy Palace and was so upbeat in the interview afterwards you'd think he was cheating on his Mrs again. He's an fucking incompetent weakling who took us down. Hope he loses in the playoff final to a last minute own goal and they sack him again and appoint Pearson, who beats him up the next day.

Turned down the job repeatedly until he got sacked & was thirsty for cash, was utterly s**** & complicit in the club going down, laughed to reporters after pastings, didn't walk, got paid off very handsomely, turns up punditing in us without a shred of dignity. Aye, great English guy.

:thup:

Lost 5-1 to Pardew's goal-shy Palace and was so upbeat in the interview afterwards you'd think he was cheating on his Mrs again. He's an f***ing incompetent weakling who took us down. Hope he loses in the playoff final to a last minute own goal and they sack him again and appoint Pearson, who beats him up the next day.

Yep.

Turned down the job repeatedly until he got sacked & was thirsty for cash, was utterly s**** & complicit in the club going down, laughed to reporters after pastings, didn't walk, got paid off very handsomely, turns up punditing in us without a shred of dignity. Aye, great English guy.

This! The only silver lining is that he held the reigns long enough for Rafa to become available, and if he hadn't been so fucking shit, maybe we would have never gone for the best thing to happen to NUFC since SBR.

Like Groundhog Day with this geezer in charge.

1. Send baffling team selection out to pass ball sideways and backwards with no real purpose

2. Still be in the game after 60-70 mins, but make no substitutions whilst opposing manager makes 2 or 3 and opposition score

3. Bring subs on in 82nd minute when trailing, get beat off average no mark side

4. Grin at interviewer

5. "I thought we were magnificent today. Really unlucky. But we're working hard behind the scenes, we believe in what we're doing and the players do too"

6. Rinse front tuft and repeat

In a way, the man was as much of a charlatan as Pardew, just not as odious or as good a liar. Even the thickest fans you care to choose could see how poorly we played every week despite Island Head's comments to the contrary.

Nice bloke, my arse. A gutless wanker, yes.

Anyway I agree he isn't as bad as he looked. He was just completely out of his depth and in no way good enough to sort our threadbare squad out. That was obvious before he arrived. I did appreciate him trying to get us playing on the deck and out from the keeper, not so much the constant public hammerings.

By the end he was starting to turn into Pardew/Carver.

Got to give him credit for turning things around at Derby, weren't they below Villa when he took over ? Now firmly in the playoff hunt. To be perfectly honest though that squad is one of the stronger ones in this division and absolutely should be in the top 6. He's getting what should be expected from the group of players, which is a lot more than Pearson was able to do or what Di Mateo and now Bruce are doing at Villa.

I'm so glad he's not our manager anymore though, but in a sense we should be thankful to him for being so bad Ashley finally woke up and employed a proper manager.

Got to give him credit for turning things around at Derby, weren't they below Villa when he took over ? Now firmly in the playoff hunt. To be perfectly honest though that squad is one of the stronger ones in this division and absolutely should be in the top 6. He's getting what should be expected from the group of players, which is a lot more than Pearson was able to do or what Di Mateo and now Bruce are doing at Villa.

I'm so glad he's not our manager anymore though, but in a sense we should be thankful to him for being so bad Ashley finally woke up and employed a proper manager.

He died to save us all.