Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Imagine him in Bobby Robsons team of 01-04 partnering Nobby down the right and playing next to Woodgate in defence with Bernard down the left.

:'( that would have been a brilliant right side.

i hope habib is captain next season

I just hope he's here next season. :(

Could tell he isn't a natural centre-half (not rocket science like, I know!), but I thought he handled the occasion very well (considering it's his first full game for fucking ages) and was partnered with a player who is unfortunately a liability at this point in time. Taylor and Enrique weren't exactly stellar defensively today, either, so he had a lot resting on his shoulders.

Was thrilling to see him get the back-four together immediately pre-game and dish out a pep-talk to them, though, and it was well-noted again that he was the only player to make a definitive effort to applaud the Gallowgate End post-match (as he often does). As far as character goes, you don't get much better than him, especially within this group of players.

Performance-wise he was solid enough, although did get a bit rag-tag at times and was beaten in the air on a few occasions by Anelka, but like I always say - players aren't perfect. I was worried when I saw the team-sheet with him and Colo partnered together, but, especially first half, they did alright (although Chelsea were hardly cooking with gas).

Disagree that he's a better CB than RB, but would definitely say that he's just a very good all-round footballer - and in particular defender.

Guest Heneage

Tremendous character, its nice to see a player who truly grasps the plight of a fan and appreciates us, too often I see the likes of Duff and think you couldn't give a flying fuck about this club.

Alongside Bassong Steven Taylor and Enrique he will only get better, clearly a good organiser, who will be massive for us.

Beye over colo for me easily. Keep taylor on the right, defensive problems mostly sorted. Beye and Bassong as a central defence = perfection.

Beye clearly isn't a natural centerback, and Taylor's recently proven that he can play CB, so I'd just start them in their preferred positions instead.

Had another goodish game at centreback.

Almost certainly will be gone if we go down, but if we don't, playing him at centreback could quite possibly extend his career in terms of his current playing standards.

Guest Heneage

Thought he was excellent yesterday. Best player over the full 90 imo.

Between him and Seb really, Seb again looked tremendously calm.

Who was SBR Rb? Hughes?

Hughes & Griff. Hughes did get moved round a fair bit as well, all that time searching for the centre half that was going to sort out the defence & the answer may of been pairing Hughes with Shitus Shambles in the middle.

I noticed after we scored, for the last ten minutes or so, Beye was playing in front of Butt for the majority of the rest of the match, leaving Edgar and Bassong at the back by themselves.  I really liked his mobility in that position - he made more runs than the majority of our midfielders for sure.

Guest Heneage

Who was SBR Rb? Hughes?

Hughes & Griff. Hughes did get moved round a fair bit as well, all that time searching for the centre half that was going to sort out the defence & the answer may of been pairing Hughes with Shitus Shambles in the middle.

I always liked Hughes for some reason, always thought he was a good honest player, who did a job wherever he played in defence. Might just be rose-tinted because of the stories about Martins.