James Milner

Alberto2005

credit where it is due. He was the best player today and if he played like that more often .......

True. He was quite decent today. I've called for his head previously but he was intelligent today and did alright.

Definitely needs to be more consistant as an attacking threat but showed he does have the talent to be a good player.

I'm not sure I'd go that far, Villa were pretty uninterested in the first half and he took advantage. I'd like to see him break open a firing defensive unit with a bit of brilliance first.

Definitely needs to be more consistant as an attacking threat but showed he does have the talent to be a good player.

I'm surprised it took you so long. :D

Never said anything else tbqph, sgfy.

:D

We only plays like a team when Milner's involved.

Milner and N'Zogbia are by far the best two wingers at the club, i still haven't seen anything from Duff in the last half a dozen or so games to suggest he is our no:1 winger on the left, maybe with a run of 3 or 4 more games we might see an end product from Duff

Decent from Milner tho, one player who cannot be blamed today

Great example of the problem with Milner today.

The cross today for the goal was certainly an excellent one, but hes been trying that all season with a massive failure rate. Like last season's "wonder" cross for Luque against Palermo, you can be sure that there'll be a couple of dozen s*** ones that get put in before he hits it into the right area with the right pace/bend on it with someone actually making a run in that area of the pitch. If he was producing a cross like that every game into the right area and accurately targeting a player in that zone of the pitch, then he would indeed be a good player - instead, its all hit and hope with him.

The rest of the game was typical Milner. Good at beating his man with his little shimmies and drops of the shoulder, and generally had a decent game against Bouma who is a centreback, but it was typical Milner because after getting past his man, he either wastes the chance to put in a good cross or the defender catches up because hes relatively slow and unable to take advtange of the half yard hes opened up for himself.

Hes a pretty big part of the problem with the current side, ie a team full of average to mediocre footballers who work hard but are excruciatingly slow/one paced and lack any true class or consistency, players who have one good decent every 5 or 6 because of said inconsistency, and all without providing the team what it truly needs in their respective positions meaning the team as a whole is simply s*** and ineffective.

We have no ability whatsoever to counter attack because of these slow players, and being so average/inconsistent/hit-and-hope means that we have arent compensating for lacking that vital ability. Which is why we're being matched by mediocre teams and copmletely f***** over by anyone decent - what can we do if teams want to pile pressure and push up on us? Fuck all is the answer.

• 12 years later...

Shady Sky Sports. Although Souness was a complete dickhead so I agree with him.

Infamously, in an attempt to justify his decision to allow the former England international to leave St James’ Park, Souness claimed that “we’ll never win anything [at Newcastle] with a team of James Milners”.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-milner-graeme-souness-newcastle-15177243