The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

Who's this defender Liverpool are getting? Five Live kept telling me it would break their transfer record for a defender yet kept failing to mention the actual fee. Useless fucks.

Looks like £7m.

Martin Skrtel.

Never heard of him.

Cack hopefully.

Sorry if posted...

Ajax defender Urby Emanuelson has ruled out a move to Tottenham on the advice of team-mate Edgar Davids, who says Spurs are 'not a top club'.

:lol:

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3031183,00.html

Gutted, Martin Jol.

Emanuelson has opted against the move.

"I have talked about it with Edgar Davids, because he played there," Emanuelson told Sportweek magazine.

"Edgar told me it was a great club, but that I should not join Spurs. He said to me: 'You are an Ajax player, you are young and talented, so you only need to go to a top club in England, Spain or Italy'.

"I have thought about what he said and I think he is right."

:iamatwat:

Edgar Davids did them real dirty on that one.

Damn.

mackems.gif

mackems.gif

It has, but iI don't think anyone minds too much tbh.  :lol:

Guest LucaAltieri

ok, news I've caught in Italy so far. Sorry if I'm repeating anything.

Juventus for Sissoko

Apparently Liverpool have lowered their asking price to 15m Euros. Juventus are expected to have a budget of arounf 20m and won't pull out that much for Sissoko. Deal won't happen unless the price drops again.

Tuttosport

Inter to loan Maniche

Maniche wants out of Athletico. Inter are interested. Athletico want to get as much as they possibly can for him but Inter are trying to be clever and pick him up on the cheap since he's fallen out with people there. Most likely outcome is a loan deal.

Tuttosport

Barcellona being linked with 3 keepers

They want a back-up keeper and are looking at: Kleber Westerveld (Sparta Rotterdam ), Jose Manuel Pinto (Celta Vigo), or Pablo Cavallero (Levante). There is also still an outside chance of them going in for youngster Oscar Ustari (Getafe)

Corriere dello sport

Inter happy as they are

Inter chairman, Massimo Moratti, says that its possible they'll not bother signing anyone this window. They're quite happy with the squad they have and are having a look at things to decide what they're going to do. They have been linked with Maniche (as mentioned above) and Barone. NB: Interview later the same day the chairman says things look promising with Maniche and everything should be sorted tomorrow if its to go ahead.

Various

Pato registered for Milan

Milan fans are collectively wanking over Brazilian youngster Alexander Pato who will finally be able to play after being officially registered on the 3rd.

Roma to loan out Curci

Gianluca Curci (22 years old) can go out on loan but only if Roma find a replacement as the manager thinks they need more cover due to the amount of competitions they're in. Why he doesn't just hang on to Curci (who has been their first choice keeper in the past, and recently got his call up to the Italian National team) in that case is a question for geater minds than mine.

Kaka doesn't want Ronaldinho at Milan

Kaka has spoken with club chairman, Berlusconi, to say that he feels signing Ronaldinho would be a bad idea as he would have a negative influence on the squad and feels that they don't play well together based on their performances for Brazil.

DiarioSport

Frey and Lucarelli speculation

Football agent Charles Pallavicino is busy with two of his clients lately. Cristiano Lucarelli's (Shaktar) move to Parma looks all but done (read that somewhere else too. Here?). French keeper, Sébastien Frey, has been linked with Milan in knee-jerk speculation following Dida being shite. However Pallavicino has come out to say his client will not be moving from Fiorentina as there have been no offers.

Violanews

Van der Vaart wants to play with Del Piero

Apparently he thinks Italy is a great country and it would be a "dream" to play along side his idol Del Piero. "Come and get me" plea to Juve.

No sauce so may well be bollocks.

More to follow if/when something interesting happens.

yeah i used to visit that as well. But the site seems to be down or taken off......i don't know.

It's now www.footballtransfers.info.

the page is down still.

Anyone else getting this?!

Works fine for me. Try a proxy?

yeah i used to visit that as well. But the site seems to be down or taken off......i don't know.

the page is down still.

Explain!

the page is down still.

Explain!

Go to www.proxify.co.uk and enter www.footballtransfers.info in the address bar. See if it works.

Guest Knightrider

If anyone seriously thought Chelsea wouldn't get Anelka they want their heads checking btw. ;)

We'll come in at the last moment man. To be unveiled along with Mourinho.