Fat Sam and his Fat Head

Greg

How was this by mutual consent?  They just read Allardyce's reaction on 606 and he said that he was shocked by it.  Sort of implies he was more of a termination than mutual consent?

cause they said "fuck off" and he didnt fight it he took the bag of money and ran to his car laughing going "yippee yipee I am comming steve to buy a house next to yours"

btw its just a theory

Bloody hell, was at least expecting him to be given the january transfer window. Does this mean Shearer has been lined up then?

And Is there any club that sacks managers faster than newcastle? You wont get into the cl again imo if you keep doing this.

Keegan - Ardiles

Keegan - Francis

Dalglish - Francis

Gullit - Gross

Robson - Gross

Robson - Graham

Robson - Hoddle

Robson - Pleat

Robson - Santini

Souness - Santini

Souness - Jol

Roeder - Jol

Allardyce - Jol

Allardyce - Ramos

We've had 7 managers, you've had 9 in the same time...

Guest Brazilianbob

Just read the pre match press conference from this afternoon and noticed that Allardyce stated that Martins was not for sale.  Perhaps that was why he was sacked.  Maybe Ashley wants to bring money in before buying and Allardyce has been told to sell martins, has refused, hence the leave by mutual consent!

Just read the pre match press conference from this afternoon and noticed that Allardyce stated that Martins was not for sale.  Perhaps that was why he was sacked.  Maybe Ashley wants to bring money in before buying and Allardyce has been told to sell martins, has refused, hence the leave by mutual consent!

Why would the chairman tell the manager he has to sell a player?

Two possible scenarios:

A) Allardyce would have been allowed to stay until the summer, but Ashley/Mort wouldn't allow him any funds in January. Either Sam has told them to stick their job if they wont back him; or they had to get rid of him, fearing that the fans would start to sympathise with Allardyce and blame Ashley for not signing anyone.

Resulting in the perfect excuse not to spend anything until June.

B) Ashley had the manager lined up before he bought the club, but rather than give Allardyce an early settlement, gave him enough rope to hang himself. New manager quickly installed allowing for transfer splurge in January and the summer.

C) Allardyce isn't actually human, but an Android from the planet Crelm. When Mort caught him topping up his energy levels via the electricity sockets in the Corporate Hospitality Suite, his contract was deemed null and void.

D) Enrique's real name is Paul Edwards, originally from Bradford. He is an ex-plasterer turned DJ who Craig Allardyce met while on holiday in Ibiza. Their plan was to concoct a false identity, collect the £6 million and split it between the three of them. Luque was hurriedly shipped off to Ajax as he would realise Paul couldn't speak a word of Spanish. They were found out due to Paul's obvious inablilty to play at the highest level, and his tendency to pepper his sentences with 'Ay oop' so Sam had to leave with his tail between his legs.

Guest Brazilianbob

Stop being pedantic.  You know what I mean.

Nut, now the Allar-dice has rolled for the final time, what next?

May I suggest the Nigel Pear-shaped, where a nice round object becomes increasingly pear shaped as things deteriorate.

:lol:

I'm not being pedantic, it was a genuine question. I hope Ashley is not going to restrict trading to one-out-one-in. And I don't think Martins would raise a great deal anyway.

I'm not being pedantic, it was a genuine question. I hope Ashley is not going to restrict trading to one-out-one-in. And I don't think Martins would raise a great deal anyway.

He's probably the most valuable player we have?

:kasper:

I just don't see a billionaire being too worried about the ~£7m we'd get for Martins before signing anyone, and Allardyce ending up leaving the club because of it.

Who do you think we'd bet more money for?

I just don't see a billionaire being too worried about the ~£7m we'd get for Martins before signing anyone, and Allardyce ending up leaving the club because of it.

Sorry, think I see you point, as in not so much money as to make a difference on other major transfers?

FWIW, I don' think Allardyce would have had much of a problem with being told to get rid of Martins anyway.

I'm surprised. I wonder whether there was some row about the release of funds during the transfer window. Ashley may have been holding on to his cash, wanting to wait till the end of the season to see whether he really wanted to back Allardyce long term.

Sorry, think I see you point, as in not so much money as to make a difference on other major transfers?

FWIW, I don' think Allardyce would have had much of a problem with being told to get rid of Martins anyway.

Well there is that too of course. He's hardly a favourite. Neither is Taylor, the other guy Allardyce said wasn't for sale.

At a cost of £7.5 million.

anyone

Who do you think we'd bet more money for?

Charlie, Given, Duff, Owen and possibly Milner, Beye and Taylor.

I don't think we'll find anyone quite as stupid as we were to pay big money for a lad who struggles to do the basics of the game.

Guest Andrew Flintoff

According to a Pompey fansite: "Newcastle chairman Mike Ashley Ashley has confirmed on Sky Sports News that he knows who he wants, he is in employment, he is English, and they will go through the proper channels"

Is this bollocks?

Guest elbee909

I can't wait for the 'Big Sam: The Allardyce Years... (Well, Six Months)' video.  Anyone got going on that comp yet?  Should be a prize if it comprises of more than his arrival in a chopper and leaving in a car.

Guest elbee909

According to a Pompey fansite: "Newcastle chairman Mike Ashley Ashley has confirmed on Sky Sports News that he knows who he wants, he is in employment, he is English, and they will go through the proper channels"

Is this bollocks?

Yeah, for one thing who the hell is Mike Ashley Ashley?  Double-barrel named ponce.