Will we get dragged in to a Relegation Battle? *NO FIXTURE LISTS PLEASE*

hakka
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest rebel_yell12

For all this talk of relegation, I'm not sure I can see it -- mostly due to what's at the bottom of the table, not Newcastle's performances.  Newcastle's next three fixtures:  ManUtd, Blackburn, Liverpool (not pretty -- would be happy to get a total of 3 points out, more likely to get 0/1)  Prediction -- I'll be a pessimist and say aught points.  NUFC total = 28 points  Predicted position -- 14th, and 6 pts off relegation

To show how I reached this conclusion, I've included my evidence below -- it's not as if all the teams below/just above (as of today) NUFC have easy runs. 

'Boro -- Liverpool (A), Reading (H), Aston Villa (A)                        predict -- 3 points (32 and 12th)

Bolton -- Blackburn (A), Liverpool (H), Man Utd. (A)                      predict -- 0 points (25 and 16th)

Wigan -- Derby (H), Man City (A), Arsenal (H)                              predict -- 3 points (26 and 15th

Mackems -- Portsmouth (A), Derby (H), Everton (H)                    predict -- 3 points (29 and 13th)

Reading -- Aston Villa (H), 'boro (A), Man City (H)                        predict -- 0 points (22 and 18th)

Birmingham -- Arsenal (H), Tottenham (H), Portsmouth (A)        predict -- 1 point (23 and 17th)

Fulham -- West Ham (H), Man Utd (H), Blackburn (A)                  predict -- 1 point (20 and 19th)

Derby -- already doomed to relegation

While NUFC follow the run of three with matches v. Brum and Fulham (both winnable), the teams that may be above Newcastle at that point (Mackems, Boro much as it is excruciating painful to even type that out) then have matches v. Chelsea & Villa (Mackems) and Arsenal & Derby (Boro).  Boro might still top Newcastle, but I can't picture the Mackems taking many points off their next five.  Newcastle are in a bit of a dogfight, yes, and MUST win those matches v. Birmingham and Fulham, but I can't quite see actual relegation.  The squad seems to be improving it's performances if not the results (at least they've managed to score in the last two matches, how long had it been before that since the lads had scored in the Premiership?) -- really need to sort that second half sh***.  Also, think the performances would/will get better once Faye, & Martins come back in, as well as Enrique, Viduka and Emre getting some serious time on the pitch.

Significantly more frightened now but I still don't think it's likely we'll go down. Fulham/Derby have already all but booked their places so we only need to avoid one spot.

Reading will be the ones to do it for us I Think. Their current form makes ours look like a little blip. (Seven league losses on the trot, 1 goal in the last 6 games.)

Significantly more frightened now but I still don't think it's likely we'll go down. Fulham/Derby have already all but booked their places so we only need to avoid one spot.

Reading will be the ones to do it for us I Think. Their current form makes ours look like a little blip. (Seven league losses on the trot, 1 goal in the last 6 games.)

Apparently reading haven't actually picked up a single point in 2008.  Somehow we think we're getting relegated?  I hate this season because it's been embarresing and completely uneventful but i am certain we are not going down and I am hopeful for next season.

Had a rethink about it, and we need points quickly. The fixtures I/and many are relying on for survival are a few games away (Fulham -5 games away, Reading -7 games away and Scum -9 games away).

In 5 games time we could be seriously in the shite, and we dont exactly seem to have a hard working team that we can rely on to beat these teams in 6pointer crunch matches. the scumderland game comes with only 3 games to go afterwards, all 3 i doubt we'll get any points from.

We need at least 3 pts from the next 4 games, and the sonner, the better. I'm seriously worried that if we are deep in a relegation battle with 6 games to go, we'll bottle it.

Guest toonlass

Anyone who says we are safe has been licking toads. When I voted a few weeks ago I naively voted thinking that we couldn't be dragged into a relegation scrap. Well hello, here we are. We need the team to roll up their sleeves, step up to the mark and fucking battle starting now.

how many of our squad will stand up and be counted when we are in the shit ???

how many of them actually give a shit that we are in the shit ???

not many I suspect.

Think you've hit the nail on the head there. After yet another GUTLESS, performance where we went a goal down and went on to spiral down into a spectacular collapse, I am genuinely worried about the shower that we currently have representing us.

The likes of Reading / Fulham may have a piss poor recent record, and picking up points at home against these is our best hope of retaining Premier League status, but have a habit (as we have in previous seasons) of turning up and gift-wrapping up three points and handing them over to the needy.

Its not unthinkable that by the time Fulham visit us on March 22nd, we could be only a few points out of the dropzone, seriously scarry. NEED something from Blackburn at home, and Brum away. Brum is the worrying one, the kind of fixture we always loose, and this time its a relegation 6 pointer.

Personally, I dont think that we are good enough, playing well enough, or have the nerve to pull ourselves away from the drop zone. Whats going to decide our fate is the poorness of the other sides and ultimately lady luck

Have given up expecting us to do something about it ourselves and with the way our luck is going (i.e. disallowed goal against Boro), i genuinely fear the worst.

I think this is the story that the press have been praying for to replace the fact that England arent in the Euro's

I'm really worried about the situation were in now.  I know I can't expect wins away at Villa, but fucking hell, Sunderland 2 points off us? Boro now gone ahead?

The Bolton and Boro home games we SHOULD HAVE WON.  Failure in those two games, the dropping of those 4 points, has really put the pressure on.  And as much as I see talented players on paper, I see gutless performances on the pitch, especially when we let one in.

When it comes down to a fight for survival, I worry.  Talent isn't the issue, it's the desire, concentration levels and current form.  It smacks of a loser attitude, and I hope that the lads show us what they are made of and get some fucking points out of the next few games, despite how tough they are.  

I keep telling myself we won't go down, too many teams below us that are shite.  But fuck that, we can't rely on an arrogant assumption that the clubs below us WON'T get more points, despite how "unlikely" or "shite" people think they are.  We must get ourselves out of danger, not pin our hopes on how badly we expect clubs below us to be.

I have written off the Man U game (as well as most of the away games) and just hope that it is not too humiliating so their confidence is not shot to pieces.  If we can get something out of the Blackburn and Brum games, maybe the confidence will pick up a little for the home games that we must win. Would be useful for Liverpool to get through to the next round of the cup so that game is postponed so we don't get another battering before we play Brum.

Need to pick an unexpected win somewhere to boost confidence.

I don't think for a moment that you are going to go down.

I don't buy into the 'too good to go down' argument (I mean with ANY club, not you in particular), but you won't go down by virtue of the fact that you've got too many points already on the board.

Ironically, it may be the slightly fortuitous points BSA picked up at various times which make the difference.

Incidentally, Reading are in total freefall at the moment. Derby, Fulham, Reading for me.

I don't think for a moment that you are going to go down.

I don't buy into the 'too good to go down' argument (I mean with ANY club, not you in particular), but you won't go down by virtue of the fact that you've got too many points already on the board.

Ironically, it may be the slightly fortuitous points BSA picked up at various times which make the difference.

Incidentally, Reading are in total freefall at the moment. Derby, Fulham, Reading for me.

Villa could be the ones to help us stay up im a right in thinking you still have to play

Sunderland

Boro

Reading

Brum

Bolton

Derby??

I am starting to get a bit worried but this mega shit run we are in wont continue.  We will pick up points at home but we must stop getting raped away frome

Faye must start every match til the end of the season.