Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Apologies for the negativity but do they expect this not to get confiscated? :lol: I know they've generally stayed amicable with the club as part of getting the displays going so hopefully there'll be no issues but just being pessimistic.

Apologies for the negativity but do they expect this not to get confiscated? :lol: I know they've generally stayed amicable with the club as part of getting the displays going so hopefully there'll be no issues but just being pessimistic.

Can't see why, famous ex player and manager and the banner says nothing bad about club or ownership.

Fat little 5 year old Mike will still be crying himself to sleep cos those Newcastle fans were nasty to him at the pizza place so you can guarantee some sort of petty, spiteful reaction.  Probably confiscate the flag because they’ve used the club badge without permission or some shit like that.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish those fans still attended games, I remember going to games and just getting lost in the atmosphere, it's like controlled Zombies these days

Guest reefatoon

I wish those fans still attended games, I remember going to games and just getting lost in the atmosphere, it's like controlled Zombies these days

This is true. Remember when I was young sitting on the barriers feeling both excited and terrified for us scoring, as without fail you would get launched when we scored. Kids flying everywhere. Mind you they always passed you back up and plonked you back in your space. Good times indeed, and proper crazy support.

Guest firetotheworks

I got his book for my birthday and I've gone straight to the Ashley-era return. Fucking hell, as much as we already know about the skulduggery, the lies, and everything else, when we're finally rid of Ashley and get to see what's gone on, I think it's going to blow our minds like. It's still staggering to see how naturally and instinctively the lot of them; Ashley, Jiminez, Lambias, Wise all lie on impulse without the slightest second thought for how easily figured out they are. Lying comes as easy to them as breathing, they don't understand or see the difference and as a result don't have any shame or understanding of why they shouldn't lie. :lol:

I had no idea that after Keegan walked away, Ashley invited him to a private meeting to sort things out, but then when KK got there, Ashley had arranged Sky's cameras to be there and KK had to run away to not be part of their first forage into the 'we tried' narrative that only a complete dullard would fall for these days.

I got his book for my birthday and I've gone straight to the Ashley-era return . Fucking hell, as much as we already know about the skulduggery, the lies, and everything else, when we're finally rid of Ashley and get to see what's gone on, I think it's going to blow our minds like. It's still staggering to see how naturally and instinctively the lot of them; Ashley, Jiminez, Lambias, Wise all lie on impulse without the slightest second thought for how easily figured out they are. Lying comes as easy to them as breathing, they don't understand or see the difference and as a result don't have any shame or understanding of why they shouldn't lie. :lol:

I had no idea that after Keegan walked away, Ashley invited him to a private meeting to sort things out, but then when KK got there, Ashley had arranged Sky's cameras to be there and KK had to run away to not be part of their first forage into the 'we tried' narrative that only a complete dullard would fall for these days.

I started at the beginning and just reached this part. For some reason I've stopped reading it, don't think I'm prepared for the anger. It's been such a joyful read so far. :laugh:

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not sure anger's the word, apart from one of the Jiminez quotes, it's more total bemusement. The whole thing is a farce and still makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, even with Ashley's goal in mind the whole thing is laughable.

DpSBzUYUYAAgLgE?format=jpg&name=large

I bid £90 for that and told myself before auction I was willing to pay £100 so when it went to £110 I stopped. Gutted when it went for £110 because I was then thinking I should have allowed myself up to £150 and I may have had a chance. Opportunity missed.

• 1 month later...

Finished his book last night. Was enjoyable on the whole but the last couple chapters were not at all.

He's unsurprisingly still very bitter about the whole saga and it wasn't pleasant to read about how these complete jokers were running the club. It's a shame his last action in football ended so badly after such a great career as a whole.

Finished his book last night. Was enjoyable on the whole but the last couple chapters were not at all.

He's unsurprisingly still very bitter about the whole saga and it wasn't pleasant to read about how these complete jokers were running the club. It's a shame his last action in football ended so badly after such a great career as a whole.

Got his book for Secret Santa!  :love:

• 1 month later...

Happy birthday, King Kev. Thanks for the amazing memories.

I've also got his book but still haven't prepared myself to start it yet for reasons mentioned above :lol:

The optimist/romantic in me tells me his work here still isn't done, whatever capacity that may be in.