Newcastle 1 - 1 Middlesbrough - 03/02/08 - Post match reaction from page 15

James

Only two wins in the last 16 Prem games :kasper:

We've still got Villa, Spurs, Everton, Portsmouth, Birmingham, West Ham and Liverpool all away as well! Can't see many points from these games.

The home games against Blackburn, Fulham, Reading and the mackems are must win games now. Can't see us getting anything from Man U and Chelsea. This is a worrying time.

Guest Mcdonald36

I was surprised at how good Boro were. They put together some nice passing moves and looked dangerous on the counter.

Given 5

Carr 5

Taylor 6

Cacapa 3

N'Zogbia 6

Barton 5

Butt 3

Emre 6

Duff 7

Smith 5

Owen 6

Ref 1

Cacapa 3? have a word

2 then.

I think he was implying that you increase the rating.

:doh:

You really are a thick aren't you?

horror.... he follow you everywhere :lol: perhaps he is one of your ex-boy lover

Can't be, your the only ex-boy lover that i never killed and buried under the patio.

AAArgghh.... it still pain in the arse.... everytime i remember you... dear!  :doh:

Good performances from Duff and Carr. Cacapa, Barton and Emre didnt have bad games. Butt was shite, I don't know what people see in him, N'Zogbia was poor, and I hate to say it but Given is starting to look like a liability.

Well at least no-one can say it wasn't exciting.

Thought Zog and Duff looked fantastic at times with their link up play on the left. If Smith had been a Shearer/Ferdinand type, (well anyone else almost), it could have been a very different story. It's also very clear we need a right winger for anyone who wasn't convinced before.

Carr also had another good game relative to how he used to play. Cacapa looked great at times, and horribly exposed at others, he's yet to get to grips with the EPL.

Feel sorry for forwards against defenders these days, the officials afford the protection the wrong way round from what I see. One forward against three defenders and the defenders get the infringement nearly every time. 

Guest magpies_rawk

I was surprised at how good Boro were. They put together some nice passing moves and looked dangerous on the counter.

Tbh, it probably shows how poor we were. Only our defence can make O Neill look like C.Ronaldo.

I've never been a fan of Butt, every time I've seen this arsehole he persists in giving the ball away, for a supposed 'defensive midfielder' he has no presence, no quality, and no fuking talent!

We'd do far better with Barton and Emre, at least we'd have a go at teams and give them a chance to form a decent partnership.

We're not out of this yet, I'm worried about the lack of spine in the team

Next week we'll have Enrique, Beye and Faye back, they are the only positives at the mo

Given 5

Carr 5

Taylor 6

Cacapa 3

N'Zogbia 6

Barton 5

Butt 3

Emre 6

Duff 7

Smith 5

Owen 6

Ref 1

Cacapa 3? have a word

2 then.

I think he was implying that you increase the rating.

:doh:

You really are a thick aren't you?

horror.... he follow you everywhere :lol: perhaps he is one of your ex-boy lover

Can't be, your the only ex-boy lover that i never killed and buried under the patio.

AAArgghh.... it still pain in the arse.... everytime i remember you... dear!  :doh:

What can i say, girth's a killer.

Aside from not having a striker who can actually score goals, Boro really are a team superior to us in every aspect. (Well, maybe not Schwarzer. Worst goalie in the Premiership IMO)

Any one of Wheater, Huth, Rochemback, Arca, Downing would walk straight into our team.

Arca would have been a canny winter buy, actually.

Its all a matter of opinion, and heres mine. Obviously plenty will disagree.

Given 6

Carr 6

Cacapa 7

Taylor 6

N'Zogbia 6

Barton 7

Butt 3

Emre 6

Duff 6

Owen 7

Smith 5

Milner 5

Viduka 5

Refs 2

Spot on, but for the refs. 0 for them.

Guest shaun11177

Given 6-doesnt look anything like as good as previous seasons

Carr 6-past his best

Taylor 6-needs to improve his positioning and reading of the game.

Cacapa 6-slow but was ok

N'Zogbia 7-uh left back again-can overplay a bit.

Barton 6-do you know what-he isnt actually very good

Butt 5-experienced international who panicked the most

Emre 5-just doesnt give you enough

Duff 8-back to something like his old form

Smith 7-won his fair share of balls but no he doesnt ever look like he will score

Owen 7-if you create chances for him he will score

Milner 6-didnt really get into the game

Viduka 6-looks like a bloated beach whale-you need a striker with more movement than that. 

Guest Mcdonald36

Tbh, it probably shows how poor we were.

Thought we were decent today, and played some quick incisive football, especially down the left. The defence, as always, was the weakness. Just no leadership.

The dilemma: does Faye replace Cacapa in defence or Butt in midfield? Which piece of s*** do we excise from our team first?

Carr hasn't looked too bad.

Keep him, put Beye in the middle of defence and ave Faye in midfield.

Even though Jenas and Parker got slated for their square passes at least they kept the ball... Butt was terrible.

Aside from not having a striker who can actually score goals, Boro really are a team superior to us in every aspect. (Well, maybe not Schwarzer. Worst goalie in the Premiership IMO)

Any one of Wheater, Huth, Rochemback, Arca, Downing would walk straight into our team.

Arca would have been a canny winter buy, actually.

Downing and Arca were quality today.

We were poor today, the loss of the African lads is huge, out of shape completely, we didn't deserve to win.

You have to be joking, (not re: loss of Africans), if you call that poor relative to the dross we watched under Allardyce.

Problems with the team:

1) Dwelling too long over the ball instead of one touch passing

2) Too many back passes to Given instead of going forward

3) Strikers taking more than needed touches to shoot

4) Given not chasing the ball in the air

We played quite well in spells, in fact almost as well as we are going to be allowed to play with the fixtures coming up. We could have had 2 or 3 but so could they so fair result and they really came at us for the last 15 and our def panicked with Cacapa again a liability.

We are missing penetration/pace and creativity from midfield, something I still say should have been addressed in the Jan window. IMO KK has taken a gamble by not refreshing the side with one or two players he didn't really need to take...It's not like half this side isn't going to get shipped out in the summer.

On a more positive note I thought especially in the first half Duff and Owen played very well.

Nah ... I'm tired of taking the little positives.

I'm over the edge now, these bitches really are worthless, they can all fuck off!

We must have the biggest collection of idiots in the premiership. Just flat out people that do stupid things over and over and over and over again.

Nicky Butt ... words fail me. Slow of body, mind, spirit and soul. He is slowness and slowness is him. We know he played at Man U, but seriously, fuck that and fuck experience. HE IS SHIT! Get him off the fucking pitch.

WHY CAN'T ANY MANAGER SEE HE IS LETTING THE TEAM DOWN?

The dilemma: does Faye replace Cacapa in defence or Butt in midfield? Which piece of s*** do we excise from our team first?

Carr hasn't looked too bad.

Keep him, put Beye in the middle of defence and ave Faye in midfield.

Even though Jenas and Parker got slated for their square passes at least they kept the ball... Butt was terrible.

I think we're actually missing Scott Parker a lot. He would have done well as a DMF in our current system I think. Hastily selling Parker/Nobby to West Ham was probably our second biggest mistake during the summer after buying Alan Smith for 6m.