New DM

Dream land

Is that Fabio Dreamland you're referring too?  Top quality defender!  :thup:

SWP supposed to be available would expect us to enquire

Turan Arshavin SWP

New DM

Dream land

No. He reffered to Danny Dream and Jaap Land, the two dutch defenders... You know nothing about football, don't you! :-)))

SWP supposed to be available would expect us to enquire

Turan Arshavin SWP

New DM

Dream land

No. He reffered to Danny Dream and Jaap Land, the two dutch defenders... You know nothing about football, don't you! :-)))

I was sure it was at that point the medication kicked in and dreamland is where he ended up.

Guest LucaAltieri

I'd still like us to put in a cheeky bid for Giovinco. He's never been used at Juve, only been loaned out. He reminds me of a young Joe Cole; quick feet, lots of confidence, drives forward, bags of energy. If we could give him a run in the first team he'd become a monster, I'm sure of it.

I'd still like us to put in a cheeky bid for Giovinco. He's never been used at Juve, only been loaned out. He reminds me of a young Joe Cole; quick feet, lots of confidence, drives forward, bags of energy. If we could give him a run in the first team he'd become a monster, I'm sure of it.

Sadly he is labeled the new Del Piero so will probably have a 12 season career at Juve.

Sadly he is labeled the new Del Piero so will probably have a 12 season career at Juve.

He'll need to be overrated for at least 8 of those though if he really wants to match Del Piero.

according to the mirror

Newcastle, Everton and Schalke are battling it out to sign FC Twente's Dutch international midfielder Orlando Engelaar.

Aston Villa are set to beat Liverpool to the signing of Newcastle winger James Milner and will use money from the sale of Gareth Barry to land their man.

I think most clubs (have to) wait with lots of their deals, because Euro2008 isn't finished yet and the big clubs, haven't started the transfer carussel yet for real... afterwards there will be plenty of moves from all kinds of player quality wise.

ie:

Barca wants to get rid of superstars, but dressingroom cancers (Ronaldinho, Etoo, Deco)

Scolari/Chelsea will want "his" own players and maybe a clear out, Mourinho/Inter wants some of his old players (Lampard, Drogba), Milan still wants Shevschenko back and IF the Ronaldo to Real things turns reality, ManUtd will want/buy replacments aswell...

the other "better than average" "swiss" Valon Behrami (paid out the remainder of his 2 year deal with Lazio and is now a "free transfer" albeit with a big singning on fee I guess.

according to the mirror

Newcastle, Everton and Schalke are battling it out to sign FC Twente's Dutch international midfielder Orlando Engelaar.

Aston Villa are set to beat Liverpool to the signing of Newcastle winger James Milner and will use money from the sale of Gareth Barry to land their man.

Engelaar has looked good, but isn't he like 29? Against our policy surely!

Although, he is 6'6" so that would be useful in our shortarse team.

Most likely going to Schalke IMO.

Guest LucaAltieri

Aye, I've seen that comparison. He's at Juve, he's about 4 foot tall, and plays left side/forward. The comparison was an obvious one but I don't think it holds true. Different kinds of player. As I mentioned, from what I've seen he's more like a young Joe Cole or a left-sided Theo Walcott. Juve haven't been able to give him a run yet and he's just been loaned out. I doubt he'll be getting much/any first team football at Juve this season either. It's must be worth a £5-£8m bid to see if we can bring him on (much in the same way Man United did with Ronaldo). I'm not sure that Juve rate him as highly as the fans do.

Aye, I've seen that comparison. He's at Juve, he's about 4 foot tall, and plays left side/forward. The comparison was an obvious one but I don't think it holds true. Different kinds of player. As I mentioned, from what I've seen he's more like a young Joe Cole or a left-sided Theo Walcott. Juve haven't been able to give him a run yet and he's just been loaned out. I doubt he'll be getting much/any first team football at Juve this season either. It's must be worth a £5-£8m bid to see if we can bring him on (much in the same way Man United did with Ronaldo). I'm not sure that Juve rate him as highly as the fans do.

I agree, he is a different player to Del Piero, much more creative, better with the ball at his feet. He has done well whilst out on loan at Empoli (I think) and shown what he can do. I couldn't see us luring him away from Juve, who tend to keep hold of their talented youngsters.

If we are looking to Italy, then we should look no further than Pasquale Foggia, who is largely unfavored at Lazio, and spent the season loaned out. Good pace, good control, scored a few from midfield too. Pozzi also looks a talent, and would be suited to our big man up top role, still young too.

Guest LucaAltieri

I agree, he is a different player to Del Piero, much more creative, better with the ball at his feet. He has done well whilst out on loan at Empoli (I think) and shown what he can do. I couldn't see us luring him away from Juve, who tend to keep hold of their talented youngsters.

If we are looking to Italy, then we should look no further than Pasquale Foggia, who is largely unfavored at Lazio, and spent the season loaned out. Good pace, good control, scored a few from midfield too. Pozzi also looks a talent, and would be suited to our big man up top role, still young too.

Agree with the Foggia statement. From what I've seen he can play right across the midfield. Definitely the kind of player we need. However he scored a couple of goals against a high-profile club (Juve, I think. But might be wrong) that started a wankfest so we'd probably end up paying over the odds.

Agree with the Foggia statement. From what I've seen he can play right across the midfield. Definitely the kind of player we need. However he scored a couple of goals against a high-profile club (Juve, I think. But might be wrong) that started a wankfest so we'd probably end up paying over the odds.

A great shame. :(

There are also people like Rosina at torino, who seem to get very little attention. He would be a handy player to have. 

Thing is, very few Italians come to the premiership (A grand total of 0 in the league at the moment), and so I'm not sure how realistic it is looking at these players.

Guest Sam04je

according to the mirror

Engelaar has looked good, but isn't he like 29? Against our policy surely!

Although, he is 6'6" so that would be useful in our shortarse team.

Most likely going to Schalke IMO.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1780_3718507,00.html

Engelaar's agent Eduard Burleson has confirmed the interest from England - but admitted talks between Schalke and FC Twente are at an advanced stage.

"We have spoken with Schalke and terms have been agreed," said Burleson.

"But the two clubs have not agreed yet, and so that is where we stand on that.."

Burleson admitted that English interest was now getting stronger and that 28-year-old Engelaar could very well be keen on a move to the Premier League.

"I know Everton are interested and that Newcastle could soon make a move," he added.

"He chose to speak to Schalke, firstly because there was not any interest from England at the time and also because of the coach Fred Rutten [former Twente coach now at Schalke] - who was so good for him at Twente.

"But if does not work, it is now clear could be English options."

Burleson admits Engelaar's performances in Euro 2008 - where he has started every game for the Dutch - have made a number of club sit up and take notice.

"Orlando has taken his form from Twente straight into the national side and continued at the same level," he said.

"I think for this reason a number of clubs have suddenly realised what many of us already knew, that he is a very good player."