Eduardo well buggered! Blatter speaks...

Crumpy Gunt

Regarding punishment, I'd agree with Mick to some extent, if you commit a red card offence that injures someone, you should be made to sit out for as long as that player up to a maximum of six months, and if the players career is ended you should be made to pay them 25% of your wages for the rest of your football career.

shut up mate have you seen the tackle ffs?

a yellow at very best

McLeish was in the local media this week saying he wanted the repulsive, knuckle dragging oxygen thieves to "bully Arsenal".

Hmm.

I hate this kind of talk I really do. How about just playing some football?

This crap encourages terrible situations like today's.

People should be held accountable for this stuff, it's just not on.

It's a tragedy that it takes this to happen, for players to learn. The whole studs-up thing has been particularly bad this season. I'm not just saying that after today, because there was a period around Christmas time where players were doing it left, right and centre.

You get automatic reds for raising your arms/elbowing, whether it be accidental or not. Granted, this is in hindsight, harsher punishments should be brought in for things like this. Hopefully the FA will act accordingly.

It's certainly not a given that he won't be able to recover from this, sure it's bad but we've injuries just as bad as this before and they almost always come back. The issue probably isn't with the bone, they heal pretty easily, more worry would be over the ligament, tendon and nerve damage.

Awful awful pictures and I can't see him playing again, but talk of a long ban is silly. Watching it in real time, without any pictures from after, I would have giving a yellow only. OK so it turns out it was a bad tackle, but at first it didnt look much worse than you see most games.

Ban for life is a bit of a joke, i don't think he meant to do anything like that, it just happened, clumsy but i doubt malicious.

I bet he feels like shit right now.

Someone talking sense.

I agree, we have all seen far worse tackles which haven't resulted in injury, no-one bans them for life.

Regarding punishment, I'd agree with Mick to some extent, if you commit a red card offence that injures someone, you should be made to sit out for as long as that player up to a maximum of six months, and if the players career is ended you should be made to pay them 25% of your wages for the rest of your football career.

a yellow at very best

Don't really agree with James... but yellow at best? Get a grip. Both sets of studs up, sliding tackle onto standing leg. Did he get the ball?

Yellow at best ffs. The guy could actually lose his foot going off them photos.

Ban for life is a bit of a joke, i don't think he meant to do anything like that, it just happened, clumsy but i doubt malicious.

I bet he feels like shit right now.

Someone talking sense.

While I agree it was clumsy rather than malicious, it's a red card and dangerous (obviously) play. Studs up sliding tackle is fucking dangerous and this is a prime example why.

It's a tragedy that it takes this to happen, for players to learn. The whole studs-up thing has been particularly bad this season. I'm not just saying that after today, because there was a period around Christmas time where players were doing it left, right and centre.

Absolutely spot on, there were several challenges in that period which could quite easily have produced injuries like this.

I bet he feels like s*** right now.

Someone talking sense.

The thing is thouhg, players have to understand that everytime you go in like that this is what could happen.

I really don't give a fuck if he feels shit tbh.

You are potentially ending someone's career and livelihood. Fucking respect your fellow professionals.

That tackle is inexcusable. Steaming in with two feet up and studs first.

I played enough football to know you cannot do that accidentally. It is not a standard tackle.

In my experience the injury is usually totally unrelated to the tackle. Most sports physios will tell you that the fall and position of the leg is a key aspect in it as well.

I think it's a red card but an injury doesn't neccessarily equal a bad tackle.

a yellow at very best

Don't really agree with James... but yellow at best? Get a grip. Both sets of studs up, sliding tackle onto standing leg. Did he get the ball?

no intent there, i've seen the tackle 3 times

a yellow at very best

You really don't have a clue.

Any tackle that causes serious injury always equals a straight red. The whole purpose of red cards in the first place was to keep all challenges safe.

With that kind of injury, Taylor would have been off even if he had tackled from the front and got the ball.

When injuries are concerned, top flight players should be culpable for their actions on the pitch - they are paid well enough.

In my experience the injury is usually totally unrelated to the tackle. Most sports physios will tell you that the fall and position of the leg is a key aspect in it as well.

I think it's a red card but an injury doesn't neccessarily equal a bad tackle.

True, the tackle isn't as bad as the injury, but it is a red card tackle.

Guest maddog2

Poof. Back in the day they'd just pop that fucker back into place and start tracking back.

They'd also magically wake up from an unconscious state while they were at it.

a yellow at very best

no intent there, i've seen the tackle 3 times

It nowt to do with intent, man. It's fucking dangerous play whether you mean to hurt someone or not.