Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Well you're defending his position in this deal pretty strongly and basically saying its us who should increase our offer.  Seems to me you think that if anyone is in the wrong for this not going through then its us.  Which is bizarre IMO.

Not really, I couldn't give a toss one way or the other tbh. I'm bored of it. I just find it quite funny all those calling him Aulas out when if Ashley did similar I imagine the results would be a tad different. All he's doing is trying to get the best deal for his contracted player.

Well you're defending his position in this deal pretty strongly and basically saying its us who should increase our offer.  Seems to me you think that if anyone is in the wrong for this not going through then its us.  Which is bizarre IMO.

Not really, I couldn't give a toss one way or the other tbh. I'm bored of it. I just find it quite funny all those calling him Aulas out when if Ashley did similar I imagine the results would be a tad different. All he's doing is trying to get the best deal for his contracted player.

I'm not sure if he is, or if he accepts our offer but there is a third party (agent) who someone has to pay. And both are refusing.

Not I know like, it's all bollocks.

If Ashley did the same I'd imagine our view would be ''great if it works, if not you're a fucking looney'' from some and ''typical scum move by Ashley'' from others.  Meanwhile the fans of the club trying to buy the player would be having a go at Ashley for moving the goal posts.  Just dont see what's so wierd about anyone hear having a go at Aulas.  I'm sure he wants the best for his club, but if we've offered what he's asked for and now he's wanting more again then sorry but thats a cunts trick and not something we have to just accept.

The Transfer Network ‏@Transfer_Netwrk 1m

French striker Bafétimbi Gomis has admitted he is desperate to join Newcastle United. (Source: The Journal) #NUFC

Followed by SportsDirect News and 1 other

? anyone read that in the journal ?

The Transfer Network ‏@Transfer_Netwrk 1m

French striker Bafétimbi Gomis has admitted he is desperate to join Newcastle United. (Source: The Journal) #NUFC

Followed by SportsDirect News and 1 other

? anyone read that in the journal ?

It's the Sissoko interview.  http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bafetimbi-gomis-keen-joining-newcastle-5698513

Can't see any solution that's going to suit everybody.  Unless they offer him an increased wage for one more year.  Gomis gets a bit more cash, they get another chance to try to sell him next year.  But how could they afford it?

Andy Brassell ‏@andybrassell 13s

Main problem with Gomis coming back into squad is Garde really lost faith in him in a sporting sense towards end of last season. Work to do.

Andy Brassell ‏@andybrassell 2m

Lyon president Aulas seems to have lost hope of selling Gomis. Concilatory statement on Monday about talks & possibility of reintegration.

I think if any posters here had watched this guy for 5 consecutive games last season they would have marvelled at the fact we bid £8m for him.

There really are better players about.

Do agree and i do think we overpaid( or were willing to do so) but i still think he's someone who would have been a good player for us.

None the less as i have said before i'm very apathetic about the whole striker situation since we signed Remy, would much rather have a winger in instead of a striker tbh.

We've seen with Brazil/Dortmund/Bayern how useful a big lad can be. A good big lad, not bloody Shola.

I'm I thinking too laterally to say with Campbell going out on loan and Bent reluctantly going to Fulham that we've been given the green light on this lad now and he's on his way to sign triggering the other events?...

I'm I thinking too laterally to say with Campbell going out on loan and Bent reluctantly going to Fulham that we've been given the green light on this lad now and he's on his way to sign triggering the other events?...

Probably. Feel like we're (people at the club) sleepwalking into a shit storm of a season.

@GFN_France: Remi Garde on Gomis: "He has had a contract extension proposition in his hands for months.....I am waiting for an outcome." #OL

Does the Gomis still not signing it and him hinting at wanting to come to us not give it away? :lol:

Tell you what the situation does remind me of actually, Enrique's last summer here, and we know how that ended.

With him not being here. Is that what you mean?!!!

It seems pretty clear that we have thrown all our eggs into this basket with us not getting drawn into the Bent deal. If we don't sign him one way or another we would look pretty stupid. All this contract extension stuff is just more posturing from Lyon IMO. It's getting pretty pathetic.

I wonder what Liverpool would have done if the Enrique deal had slowed down and didn't look like coming off, the mad cunts would have probably done something mental like go after another left back.

They signed him on 11th August btw.

I wonder what Liverpool would have done if the Enrique deal had slowed down and didn't look like coming off, the mad cunts would have probably done something mental like go after another left back.

Tbf he have a back up.

Obviously the fact the backup looks to be signing for another club and we will sit on our hands holding out for Gomis kind of negates the point of having a backup but not every plan is perfect.

I wonder what Liverpool would have done if the Enrique deal had slowed down and didn't look like coming off, the mad c***s would have probably done something mental like go after another left back.

Tbf he have a back up.

Obviously the fact the backup looks to be signing for another club and we will sit on our hands holding out for Gomis kind of negates the point of having a backup but not every plan is perfect.

:lol: