Other clubs' transfers

Dave

robinson to spuds to go through tomorrow apparently.

blackburn have got the thick end of £3m for a 37 year old keeper, and spen the same on robinson who is englands number one.

despite the fact i think robinson is shite, thats not a bad pice of business, age wise

If Robinson could do a "David James" that would be excellent business, unfortunately for Blackburn its not just the odd clanger that lets Robinson down, getting down for balls can take him longer than Mike Ashley closing a transfer deal (topical).

Sunderland are being linked to Taye Taiwo in a couple of the papers today, I'd be gutted if they got him as I'd really like him here.

Obviously not as gutted as me because I was moved to create a new thread about it!

I would be devastated!

Sunderland are being linked to Taye Taiwo in a couple of the papers today, I'd be gutted if they got him as I'd really like him here.

Obviously not as gutted as me because I was moved to create a new thread about it!

I would be devastated!

Someone we should completely be looking at.

Maybe we are mentally scarred from looking at any Nigerian left backs, we have reason.

Fair play to the mackems, looks like they might even give us a game next year. That said it should just be another 6 pointer season if they are signing half the spurs team!

Guest shearer_206

This

Guest neesy111

Might Sunderland actually be forming the crux of a decent side now? With Chimbonda and Malbranque they're atleast showing they do know how to spend money on decent players; when you consider they were spending similar fees for the likes of Chopra and Richardson last year.

Regardless of that though, they've done shite considering the money they've spent. So far.

that would mean they've spent £90 million is 1 year and have 1 proven premiership player Malbronque

if you think sunderland have a decent side now? your mad!,  you should remember we we're awful against them home & away and got 4 points from them and i expect 6 this time.  Spurs have got 23 million for 1 player that was 1st team last season and 3 that weren't, laughing all the way to the bank! have we ever received 23 million for 4 non first team players in total?

Real Madrid had a 7m bid rejected from HSV for Rafael Van Der Vaart..

Surley at this price we might aswell give it a go..

If Real are interested it's pointless.

lol great attitude, they value the player at 7million.  They were denied permission to speak to him.  Thus at this moment he is not going to Real Madrid.  If we bid 10 million, bid hopefully accepted and ACTUALLY speak to the player.  We are in a better position than Real Madrid, would you agree?

lol great attitude, they value the player at 7million.  They were denied permission to speak to him.  Thus at this moment he is not going to Real Madrid.  If we bid 10 million, bid hopefully accepted and ACTUALLY speak to the player.  We are in a better position than Real Madrid, would you agree?

?

?

I think he means HSV are more likely to agree to sell to us than Real.

?

They're not though are they? I'm sure they'd just sell to the highest bidder.

lol great attitude, they value the player at 7million. They were denied permission to speak to him. Thus at this moment he is not going to Real Madrid. If we bid 10 million, bid hopefully accepted and ACTUALLY speak to the player. We are in a better position than Real Madrid, would you agree?

?

But they probably see themselves up there with the rest (Europe, CL etc.), so by selling to Real, they're helping to strenghen their rivals.

Who would Chelsea be more likely to want to sell a player to, Barcelona or us?

?

But they probably see themselves up there with the rest (Europe, CL etc.), so by selling to Real, they're helping to strenghen their rivals.

I meant if we get to actually speak to RVD we would be better position than the clubs who have not been allowed to speak to him.

?

The clubs are irrelevant. If the player knows Real are interested, there is NO CHANCE he would join Newcastle, whether we had a bid accepted or not.

Well I know, but we're talking hypothetical situations.

?

Why are you only taking notice of the sentence you highlighted?..  He said that Real's bid was rejected, so if we bid more and have the offer accepted then unless Madrid up there bid to an acceptable level we're in a better position to sign the player then Madrid.. which is obvious.

?

I meant if we get to actually speak to RVD we would be better position than the clubs who have not been allowed to speak to him.

Don't know if an ex-WWE wrestler is going to improve us mind. His recreational smoking habits might see him banned all season anyway

Don't know if an ex-WWE wrestler is going to improve us mind. His recreational smoking habits might see him banned all season anyway

hehehe :)

he'd be like the hulk version of darren peacock

?

Why are you only taking notice of the sentence you highlighted?..  He said that Real's bid was rejected, so if we bid more and have the offer accepted then we're in a better position to sign the player then Madrid.. which is obvious.  Get it?..

But we're not, regardless of whether a bid is accepted. Players are aware of who is interested, and 9/10 get their choice (playing hardball until his club accepts a bid from the club he wants), and you'd be a fool to think that VDVs choice would be Newcastle over teams like Real.

Micheal Owen