The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This could have gone in the Euro 2008 thread but hey.. Both games were a little disappointing. Switzerland didn´t deserve to lose but both teams looked poor. Portugal deserved their win and look a favourite to win the Euros.

I thought they were pretty decent games. Switzerland played ok but Czech Republic just had that extra bit of class. Portugal definitely look contenders and definitely deserved it, while Turkey might have enough to win the next two games.

just saw highlights of Portugal. Look good. They probably have a chance. I'm interested in how Croatia get on though because I think they deserved to beat England and looked a good team as well.

just saw highlights of Portugal. Look good. They probably have a chance. I'm interested in how Croatia get on though because I think they deserved to beat England and looked a good team as well.

Good team but won't be half as dangerous without Eduardo.

Roll on Germany vs. Poland later.  I'm going over to my mates place to watch it.  He lives next to a house full of Polish builders (at least 10, maybe 15 in a 4 bed house).  They've been complete c***s for the past 8 months, shouting, making loud noises, and more often than not blasting Polish europop 24/7 (even putting the speaker next to the window).  However we're interested to see if they get all jeered up for the game tonight.  If Germany score we're going to go absolutely mental just to get our own back.

:lol:

Stick a big German flag out of your window and play Haselhoff tunes all day.

Roll on Germany vs. Poland later.  I'm going over to my mates place to watch it.  He lives next to a house full of Polish builders (at least 10, maybe 15 in a 4 bed house).  They've been complete c***s for the past 8 months, shouting, making loud noises, and more often than not blasting Polish europop 24/7 (even putting the speaker next to the window).  However we're interested to see if they get all jeered up for the game tonight.  If Germany score we're going to go absolutely mental just to get our own back.

we managed to drown them out the other week playing Land of Hope and Glory, Rule Britainnia and the likes all day.  That seems like a good idea though.  :lol:

Although they'll all probably be too pissed to care.

I am fairly confident that the winner of this tournament is not in Group A.

For me, the ten best players yeterday were:

Ronaldo, Pepe, Deco, Moutinho, Carvalho, Aurelio, Kazim Kazim, Galasek, Rozehnal and Plasil.

Ronaldo, Pepe, Deco, Moutinho, Carvalho, Aurelio, Kazim Kazim, Galasek, Rozehnal and Plasil.

You are weird.

Was impressed with Nuno Gomes last night actually. I thought he would be their weak link, and the reason they wouldn't win the tournament, but he looked a threat and was unlucky twice last night. If he can put in a few more performances like that in, then Portugal could win it.

Nuno Gomes was good, but when they took him off and played Ronaldo through the middle as the lone striker with Simao and Nani either side I think they began to look a lot more threatening, especially as they kept it on the floor and the pace, dribbling and movement from those three was a nightmare for Turkey.

You are weird.

I know.

Guest BooBoo

Two poor games, Portugal have no excuse for not bagging 9 points from that group. The quality in the first game was atrocious.

Guest Jawesome

Im watching in Germany, so I kinda want them to win.

theyre cooler anyways really thinking about it seriously.

^^ Gfs input there.

Sorry, but Nuno Gomes is waank! I was telling my mates watching the game that if Portugal had a decent striker they would walk this tournament (everyone in agreement).

Gomes is lightweight, static and plays as a targetman when he should be much more mobile and he had a couple of fluffed half chances. Portugal had much more balance and threat when Ronaldo went up front...Not keen...

Sorry, but Nuno Gomes is waank! I was telling my mates watching the game that if Portugal had a decent striker they would walk this tournament (everyone in agreement).

Gomes is lightweight, static and plays as a targetman when he should be much more mobile and he had a couple of fluffed half chances. Portugal had much more balance and threat when Ronaldo went up front...Not keen...

Spot on mate, he's very static indeed, no pace and isn't even the greatest of finishers, I'd even go as far as saying he's a poor mans Pauleta.