The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Personally I have never seen Modric play so I will gauge him when I see him play against a team who arent regarded by all and sundry as utter s****

The guy is definitely class and we are just going to have to live with that unfortunately.

He's scored a penalty ffs. :lol:

Personally I have never seen Modric play so I will gauge him when I see him play against a team who arent regarded by all and sundry as utter s****

The guy is definitely class and we are just going to have to live with that unfortunately.

He's played football before this match you know?

I'm not just referring to this game though! He's a very good player. I've ssen enough of him to know that.

aren't Austria ranked lower than Mozambique and Qatar?  Or did I dream reading that?

Could well be right.. 92nd in the world I believe..

Just confirmed lower than Mozambique by the commentator.

Guest BooBoo

Its a bleeding farce that both Austria and Switzerland co hosted this tournament and thus automatically qualified- they both look very much lacking in any sort of class.

I'm not just referring to this game though! He's a very good player. I've ssen enough of him to know that.

Lets cling on to the hope that he isnt suited to Premiership football.

Nice one, what channel is the Croatian league on?

We can hope ... but he is a pretty tenacious little guy and coupled with his smarts I don't think he will struggle unfortunately.

You just never know though, so yeah I will hope for now.

He'll start well & fade away by the end of October.

Its a bleeding farce that both Austria and Switzerland co hosted this tournament and thus automatically qualified- they both look very much lacking in any sort of class.

Whats the alternative? Host nations having to qualify? Could you imagine the situation of a host nation not playing in the tournament they were hosting? Or picking the host after the qualification process  which would leave the host with about 8 months to prepare for the tournament which would be impossible. It's not a great situation but theres no workable alternative.

:lol:

Pretty predictable Wullie.

I have only watched him for Croatia in the internationals and he impressed me enough in those games.

He is clearly a technically gifted player with great vision and a very good workrate. I don't have to watch every Croatian league game to tell you that.

We can hope ... but he is a pretty tenacious little guy and coupled with his smarts I don't think he will struggle unfortunately.

You just never know though, so yeah I will hope for now.

Well I remember Silvio Maric looking good in that Zagreb side so here's hoping for a similar impact on English Football

Guest BooBoo

Whats the alternative? Host nations having to qualify? Could you imagine the situation of a host nation not playing in the tournament they were hosting? Or picking the host after the qualification process  which would leave the host with about 8 months to prepare for the tournament which would be impossible. It's not a great situation but theres no workable alternative.

The hosting should be left to one country that can support the tournament on its own.

I have only watched him for Croatia in the internationals and he impressed me enough in those games.

He is clearly a technically gifted player with great vision and a very good workrate. I don't have to watch every Croatian league game to tell you that.

So you've seen him a few times, what 3 or 4, at international level? Fair enough. He probably is a good player seeing as Premiership clubs were willing to pay £20m for him but let's not pretend you're some sort of super scout eh?

For the record I've seen David Healy play at international level and he's fucking brilliant and I've seen Frank Lampard play at international level and he's fucking crap. When he's in Hull on a wet Wednesday night, that's what matters.

So you've seen him a few times, what 3 or 4, at international level? Fair enough. He probably is a good player seeing as Premiership clubs were willing to pay £20m for him but let's not pretend you're some sort of super scout eh?

For the record I've seen David Healy play at international level and he's f***ing brilliant and I've seen Frank Lampard play at international level and he's f***ing crap. When he's in Hull on a wet Wednesday night, that's what matters.

Fair enough. Never said I was a superscout and I never said he was going to take the prem by storm.

All I know is that he has a very nice set of skills on him and he certainly has ability.

Like you say though no one knows what will happen when he arrives in the prem. I'm certainly hoping things don't quite come together for him here.