Llambias: sale stories are all utter nonsense

Optimistic Nut

This is the problem, to your average man on the street who's not an internet geek like us lot who see so much media bullshit, this is real news and really does unsettle the club by creating distrust between fans and board.

fucks sake, i'll give it ten minutes in the pub tonight before someone goes 'you seen ashley's trying to sell the toon again?'. i'm so sick of this s***.

Mate I've just nearly decapitated some goon in the office for saying that. Turns out he's a toon fan that only reads the sun, no other publications, just the sun. Says it all really. His card is marked.

who only reads the sun?  fucks sake man...imagine how skewed your perspective on everything must be!

:lol:  Got images of his perspective on life

"Aye, the price of petrol is through the roof, but ye knar, its not al bad.  That Abbey Clancy's still gettin' her tits oot."

tbh, if someone wants us enough to value us at £420m, he can have us. Ashley values us at £420m, he can have us, anyone else agree and can stump up, they can have us.

With the number of changes he has made since aquiring the team, particularly at board room level, I just find it hard to believe he is planning on selling anytime soon; and therefore having everyone he's just brought in on their way out already. He also genuinely seems to enjoy himself supporting and owning the club.

It looks to much like a long term move and these crap stories are just boring.

It's Kenny and Freddy I tell you.

Dad just called me up "On sky news, ashley's selling up apparantly. Bollocks"

It's a real disgrace when a made-up publication reaches the mainstream news, a real piss-off how when we're on the up in terms of sorting deals out we get shit shovelled under our noses again with the same fucking unfounded drivvel.

IMO if ashley didn't say that, then he should look to take legal action and teach these cunts a lesson.

David Craig on SSN talking about this story as well saying he got a phone call from someone in the american comapny saying they have had discussions with Ashley

That's it, it's a done deal then. We just need Oliver to confirm it in the Chronic tonight.

Guest Spark

If Ashley's named £420m as his price, then that indicates he doesn't want to sell at all. If that price is matched, though, he would be crazy not to sell up.

fucks sake, i'll give it ten minutes in the pub tonight before someone goes 'you seen ashley's trying to sell the toon again?'. i'm so sick of this s***.

Mate I've just nearly decapitated some goon in the office for saying that. Turns out he's a toon fan that only reads the sun, no other publications, just the sun. Says it all really. His card is marked.

who only reads the sun?  fucks sake man...imagine how skewed your perspective on everything must be!

:lol:  Got images of his perspective on life

"Aye, the price of petrol is through the roof, but ye knar, its not al bad.  That Abbey Clancy's still gettin' her tits oot."

maaaaaaaaan, been away from the UK too long, just had a pang of nostalgia for page three!!!!

from the mail..........

However, that has not stopped repeated talk in the City, and now further afield, that the business is for sale at the right price. 

can anyone think of a company that isn't ?

With the number of changes he has made since aquiring the team, particularly at board room level, I just find it hard to believe he is planning on selling anytime soon; and therefore having everyone he's just brought in on their way out already. He also genuinely seems to enjoy himself supporting and owning the club.

alternatively you don't run a business into the ground and make it LESS professional if you ever intend to sell it for a profit do you?

from the mail..........

However, that has not stopped repeated talk in the City, and now further afield, that the business is for sale at the right price. 

can anyone think of a company that isn't ?

manu?  oooooops

liverpool? ooooops

chelski? ooooops

spurs? oooooops

if only we were journalists!

Guest TPIB

If Ashley's named £420m as his price, then that indicates he doesn't want to sell at all. If that price is matched, though, he would be crazy not to sell up.

Exactly

Just look at his appointments so far at a director (various) level.

All people either known to Ashley or recommended to him by friends.

Look at the strategy he has for taking the club forward. Its a long term project.

Any mong with half a brain cell can see this, its not the type of structure you put in place to make a quick sale. Signing Henry, Ronaldinho and Deco would be.

Look at the strategy he has for taking the club forward. Its a long term project.

Any mong with half a brain cell can see this, its not the type of structure you put in place to make a quick sale. Signing Henry, Ronaldinho and Deco would be.

you're right but if a ridiculous offer comes along he'd be daft not to.....however he appears to have priced it out the market deliberatly.

alternatively you don't run a business into the ground and make it LESS professional if you ever intend to sell it for a profit do you?

Think this guy made my point a bit better ...

Think this guy made my point a bit better ...

wasn't disagreeing with you, just being devils advocate...i'm with what madras says above, jiminez/llambias etc... wouldn't likely enter his thoughts if he got a daft offer, utlimately they'd be employees of the club and due a big payoff should the new owners not want to keep them so it'd hardly be a deal breaker

but 100% with you, all points to the long term for sure, and long may it continue (with a little extra spending on the first team hopefully)

tbh, if someone wants us enough to value us at £420m, he can have us. Ashley values us at £420m, he can have us, anyone else agree and can stump up, they can have us.

The whores of football.

And both sides were forced to sign gagging orders, banning them from ever disclosing details of the talks

Then how the fook does the sun know anything about it?

honestly getting sick of all this crap in the press about our club.

we should draft up a letter and send it to the sun, skysports and the bbc and anal oliver and tell them that unless they have cold hard facts ie: an official anouncement on the clubs homepage or direct letter from the club itself, then they should shut the feth up about NuFc cause we as fans are tired of them spouting their sh!te and calling it news

it's just irritating it keeps on happening, i know it should be like water off a ducks back but you never hear sunderland or villa or bolton or everton or anyone else having as much shit chucked at them in the press. it's sad that everyone likes a 'lets wind the geordies up' headline, seems to sell a lot of papers though  :rolleyes:

And both sides were forced to sign gagging orders, banning them from ever disclosing details of the talks

Then how the fook does the sun know anything about it?

honestly getting sick of all this crap in the press about our club.

we should draft up a letter and send it to the sun, skysports and the bbc and anal oliver and tell them that unless they have cold hard facts ie: an official anouncement on the clubs homepage or direct letter from the club itself, then they should shut the feth up about NuFc cause we as fans are tired of them spouting their sh!te and calling it news

you don't suppose they do it about everything...not just NUFC ?