Llambias: sale stories are all utter nonsense

Optimistic Nut

How does the Llambias statement negate that of Intermedia?

Because Intermedia never said that we approached them.

Does the "approached by a third party" make it 100% false then?

The third party could be Freddy Shepherd trying to buy the club back as far as we know.

The third party could be Freddy Shepherd trying to buy the club back as far as we know.

Just playing devil's advocate here but do you honestly not think an investment company would check out who they were dealing with before issuing a statement?

Guest Guinness

Glad we've released a statement as it needed saying despite it quite clearly being bollocks, the papers over the weekend were playing on the fact that we didn't issue a strong enough denial on Friday. I'm sure they'll soon find another takeover angle or as they did over the weekend choose to completely ignore the facts given to them by the club.

Just playing devil's advocate here but do you honestly not think an investment company would check out who they were dealing with before issuing a statement?

All they have said  is that someone tried to make them an offer with relation to NUFC. They haven't said what the offer was about, or who made it.

It really is very simple.

Football clubs are in demand as they will make you money. People who want to make that money and buy the club need to destabilise it.

The current financial climate has a lot to do with demand for these types of investments. 

All they have said  is that someone tried to make them an offer with relation to NUFC. They haven't said what the offer was about, or who made it.

To be honest, the wording of the comment by Intermedia kind of suggest it wasn't a club contact.

This happens all of the time, intermediates looking to cash in on any deal i.e. one group thinks there may be a chance Ashley might sell, so contacts another with a hope of jointly forming an investment vehicle to make a bid, or to broker a potential bid and take a cut - none of these initial steps require any co-operation by Newcastle. Recent accounts are public documents, being privately owned doesn't change that, so saying that Intermedia have seen the accounts means nothing - I could print off the lastest accounts today from Companies House, contact a rich mate and say "take a look at this, if you're interested perhaps I can help you broker a deal to make a bid".

Not that I have such a mate.

To be honest, the wording of the comment by Intermedia kind of suggest it wasn't a club contact.

This happens all of the time, intermediates looking to cash in on any deal i.e. one group thinks there may be a chance Ashley might sell, so contacts another with a hope of jointly forming an investment vehicle to make a bid, or to broker a potential bid and take a cut - none of these initial steps require any co-operation by Newcastle. Recent accounts are public documents, being privately owned doesn't change that, so saying that Intermedia have seen the accounts means nothing - I could print off the lastest accounts today from Companies House, contact a rich mate and say "take a look at this, if you're interested perhaps I can help you broker a deal to make a bid".

Not that I have such a mate.

the story was that the intermediary was an american boxing promoter.

I still see a Murdoch connection here,

Sun - nasty little articles most of last week

NOTW - yesterday, nasty little article by Andy Dunn, saying the fans aren't stupid but Ashley is up to his tricks and needs sorting.

Times - nasty little article by fatman Samuels today saying the fans aren't stupid but Ashley is up to his tricks and needs sorting.

Coincidental? I don't think so.

Either they hate him because he won't give interviews or they are up to something more sinister.

Murdoch is worth ~ £4.5b and wouldn't need outside help if he was going to launch a bid. 

edit: I'm slow.  You mean he's just out to create the destabilized atmosphere.  Ignore me.

I still see a Murdoch connection here,

Sun - nasty little articles most of last week

NOTW - yesterday, nasty little article by Andy Dunn, saying the fans aren't stupid but Ashley is up to his tricks and needs sorting.

Times - nasty little article by fatman Samuels today saying the fans aren't stupid but Ashley is up to his tricks and needs sorting.

Coincidental? I don't think so.

Either they hate him because he won't give interviews or they are up to something more sinister.

Murdoch is worth ~ £4.5b and wouldn't need outside help if he was going to launch a bid. 

edit: I'm slow.  You mean he's just out to create the destabilized atmosphere.  Ignore me.

I just think it's strange that their stories have a similar basis - even the same wording, like they have decided to get at Ashley by whatever means they can. It could be a friend of Murdoch's wanting to buy or it could be that Ashley never ever gives interviews and they're sick of it.

The BBC are helping out too, they're nearly as bad.

If he was cosey with them, taking them out on jollies and lunches etc this wouldn't happen, but Ashley probably says stuff em and rightly so.

Guest shaun11177

Wouldnt it be simple for Ashley just to say-not selling-i know we dont want to play the papers game and react but sometimes its for the best.

Or even better spend some bloody money in the transfer market which would at least show some short term intentions.

how many times are we gonna have to say that i wonder?

Guest Dr. Richard Kimble

Some people will not be satisfied intil the club is dissolved and we have all confirmed as mindless serfs - it that simple.

Anyone listening to the legends at the mo ??

A few callers have been talking absolute rubbish about both takeovers.....these people need to get out more !!!

They're the type of people I mean when I talk about this bullshit causing instability. People who get their info from Century News, Look North, the Chronicle, the Sun and the lads in the pub - they're your bread and butter fan, unsettle them and that's your majority unsettled. Your internet-savvy fan is not representative and this sort of thing does bring mistrust.

A few callers have been talking absolute rubbish about both takeovers.....these people need to get out more !!!

They're the type of people I mean when I talk about this bullshit causing instability. People who get their info from Century News, Look North, the Chronicle, the Sun and the lads in the pub - they're your bread and butter fan, unsettle them and that's your majority unsettled. Your internet-savvy fan is not representative and this sort of thing does bring mistrust.

Supermac doesn't know anything that's going on too.  The Llambias statement was released this afternoon and he doesn't even know about it.

Supermac doesn't know anything that's going on too.  The Llambias statement was released this afternoon and he doesn't even know about it.

Pisshead gobshite was probably still getting his shit together after imbibing too much last night.

*The above may not be true.*