Stephen Warnock denies handing in transfer request

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't Edgar play all the defensive positions?

yes,but not to any great effect. the lad has potential but apart from his debut he hasn't shown any reason to think he's pushing for a first team spot.

In fairness to Nicko on (part of) this one, the Blackburn chairman himself has confirmed a bid of £2M has been rejected for Warnock:

The Rovers chairman also confirmed the club had turned down a formal bid - believed to be from Newcastle - for defender Stephen Warnock.

"We've had a bid of £2million," Williams added. "It was rejected and the club concerned has been told he is not for sale."

From the Lancashire Evening Telegraph.

On the Teletext it has the same quote but with an important difference

The chairman talks about our bid for Warnock as well as a bid from Panathinaikos for Andre Ooijer.

"A bid was rejected (for Warnock) and I've made it clear Andre is not for sale"

Sounds like an invite for us to go back with a higher bid.

Can see his head being turned, if we did place a bid I'm sure we rate him high enough to hold our interest.

Question is whether we will up or bid or keep the offer on the table and wait it out, a long way left in the window yet. Can see us holding firm and seeing whether Warnock makes any noises about wanting the move.

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

i dont rate warnock.

i think the best option is to buy someone who is more versatile,who can play as LB and CB also.

This way we will have cover for the both positions.

I rate Johny Heitinga who can play at RB and also as CB.

Silvestre can play at LB and CB.

He will be good signing if he is interested moving here of course

i dont rate warnock.

i think the best option is to buy someone who is more versatile,who can play as LB and CB also.

This way we will have cover for the both positions.

I rate Johny Heitinga who can play at RB and also as CB.

Silvestre can play at LB and CB.

He will be good signing if he is interested moving here of course

Come on, Warnock is clearly better than Silvestre.

Duff for Warnock was our supposed latest offer - and that Blackburn are interested.

I guess if Charles is staying, it could make sense. From our friend Nicko by the way.

Duff for Warnock was our supposed latest offer - and that Blackburn are interested.

I guess if Charles is staying, it could make sense. From our friend Nicko by the way.

I would piss my pants if that happened. No chance. :lol:

Getting in a much needed left back as well as getting rid of the big earning, under performing Duff in the same transfer would be fantastic.

Would be good, but hasn't Keegan said he wants two players in every position? I doubt that he would offload one of our two left sided midfielders to bring in a left back, unless we are close to signing another LM.

Getting in a much needed left back as well as getting rid of the big earning, under performing Duff in the same transfer would be fantastic.

Would be good, but hasn't Keegan said he wants two players in every position? I doubt that he would offload one of our two left sided midfielders to bring in a left back, unless we are close to signing another LM.

Cant Gutierrez play left side as well? Really don't rate Duff at all - dont see losing him would be any miss.

Cant Gutierrez play left side as well? Really don't rate Duff at all - dont see losing him would be any miss.

He normally plays on the left.

I think that between Jonas, Milner and N'Zogbia we'd be OK for wideman. Given that Milner and Jonas can play on the left we can have a well balanced pairing on the wings no matter what two of those we field.

Should also be hoping Kazenga Lua-Lua can get the odd sniff of first team action in the coming season, and having Duff out of the way will help that. Geremi can also play on the right, at a push.

I think that between Jonas, Milner and N'Zogbia we'd be OK for wideman. Given that Milner and Jonas can play on the left we can have a well balanced pairing on the wings no matter what two of those we field.

Should also be hoping Kazenga Lua-Lua can get the odd sniff of first team action in the coming season, and having Duff out of the way will help that. Geremi can also play on the right, at a push.

I agree with that, apart from Duff and Smith being poor players they are also getting in the way of the kids development, I'd probably add Shola in with those two.  If the kids are going to progress then they need a few games but we've got more experienced players preventing them from coming through, even though they (3 named players) don’t perform when given the chance.

Why would he leave first team spot there to be benched here?

Enrique is nothing special yet like. Warnock is probably better.

I agree, right now at least. It'd be good competition for the club if we were to sign him and have them both pushing for the spot.

Why would he leave first team spot there to be benched here?

Enrique is nothing special yet like. Warnock is probably better.

Enrique's the better player IMO and I think he'll show that this season with a full pre-season behind him and consistant first team starts, he's also four years younger then Warnock.  No problem with signing Warnock as long as he starts off as the second choice left back.

I don't think he's had a better season then Warnock (how could he with the way Allardyce fucked him about).  I just think he's got better attributes and with a full pre-season and consistent starts he'll probably be the better player.