Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Can't say we'll overly miss him, some showings of decent potential in a few games but more often than not offered sweet fuck all didn't look like he could score a goal to save his life in the prem

obvious the clubs had it with this supposed attitude problem otherwise they wouldn't be selling him now

I agree with the people that suggested loaning him out but then I don't know the full back story of what he's like to manage, he's not of the ability level that I'd want to waste too much time with him away from the pitch and if the club feel the same you can't blame them for moving him on, hopefully this is the kick up the arse he needs to sort himself out.

We've amassed a collection of average strikers over the years and I would quite happily lose Ranger, Lovenkrands, Xisco and Ameobi to bring in 2 of a higher calibre.

I thought this was a prime example of when we should loan a player out. OK the kid seemingly coulden't hit a barn door whenever in the first team and was rough round the edges so needed some polishing. But that can change quickly as the kid clearly has alot of talent (quick, skillfull, tall and will be more powerful in a few years). Ok he's needs to sort his head out, that could come with a little time and patience with him in the right hands. He has the natural talent and just needed improving.

This is definately one that could come back to haunt us. Reminds me a little of when Gullit turned his nose up at Louis Saha when he was so clearly talented then a few years later Man u signed him for £12.8 m (which was alot of money in 2004  :razz:). There are probably better examples.

Sorry to see the lad go permanently like, he definitely has ability if he could pull his finger out and work hard. Would have loved to see him loaned to a Champ club for a season to be whipped into shape.

Seems a strange decision to sell him cheaply at this stage. Surely his value can only increase.

Normally i'd be happy saying bye bye Nile. But i keep thinking of the sub appearance against Liverpool, i think there's a decent player in there somewhere.

i agree, unfortunately i think the decent player is buried under a mountain of shit that shouldnt be shovelled on our time, he'd be easily replaced by someone with a better attitude.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Normally i'd be happy saying bye bye Nile. But i keep thinking of the sub appearance against Liverpool, i think there's a decent player in there somewhere.

i agree, unfortunately i think the decent player is buried under a mountain of shit that shouldnt be shovelled on our time, he'd be easily replaced by someone with a better attitude.

People keep mentioning Phil Airey, who to be fair is just as quick as Ranger was, but perhaps not as strong. Certainly has a better attitude, and in the games I've seen him at U18 and Reserves, doesn't like to lose.

Airey is way too light can see him getting knocked off the ball easily, he's similar to Ferguson in build.

He looks wirery to me, I reckon bulk will come in time, he'll never be a power house but he'll have enough to compete.