Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Referring to Steven Taylor as Saylor on match day is bad enough, but referring to him as Saylor when Ryan has no involvement in the topic whatsoever (thus no chance of confusion), is just plain wrong! Argh.

Guest Heneage

"Ranger joins previous SJP winners including Kazenga LuaLua, Andy Carroll, Matty Pattison, Martin Brittain, Peter Ramage, Steven Taylor, Mark Walton and Shola Ameobi"

Thats a frightening list! :kasper:

Reads like a future dole queue.

"Ranger joins previous SJP winners including Kazenga LuaLua, Andy Carroll, Matty Pattison, Martin Brittain, Peter Ramage, Steven Taylor, Mark Walton and Shola Ameobi"

I'd guess 6 of them may well end up as millionaires, far from the dole.

Guest Heneage

I'd guess 6 of them may well end up as millionaires, far from the dole.

You couldn't just let it slide.

Fine, reads like the back of the Football talent queue.

I think Nile Ranger is one of those players who might go stale if not introduced to the first team early enough. IMO he should have been played while he was on that shit hot scoring streak. Players like Owen, Rooney and Fabregas may have never made it if they weren't given their chances as early on as they were.

Must play for the first team before the season is out. I have a feeling he'd do well.

Guest BooBoo

The lad wants to be careful as someone has responded with a "Xisco is gay" link. Could get him into bother, even though he's not written it himself.

I think Nile Ranger is one of those players who might go stale if not introduced to the first team early enough. IMO he should have been played while he was on that shit hot scoring streak. Players like Owen, Rooney and Fabregas may have never made it if they weren't given their chances as early on as they were.

Must play for the first team before the season is out. I have a feeling he'd do well.

I agree, same goes for Lua Lua, they need time on the pitch.  Because they are unknowns to the opposition they may turn out to surprise a few.  I'm sick of seeing Smith and Ameobi get time when they are truly awful.

Aye well deserved, we had better give this lad a chance soon , now he will make his mark on the international scene.

England Call For Toon Ace Nile

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United hotshot Nile Ranger has been added to the England Under-19 squad for their friendly match with Czech Republic at Walsall on Wednesday.

The 17-year-old fired his 22nd goal for the club as the Magpies' Juniors were beaten 3-2 by Everton at Darsley Park on Saturday.

And Ranger's reward for an eye-catching maiden season on Tyneside has been his first international call-up.

The London-born striker also collected the prestigious Wor Jackie Award for outstanding young talent at this month's SportNewcastle dinner.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1599991,00.html