Abdoulaye Faye signs for Stoke for £2.25m

Theregulars

If Faye wants out then keegan won't force him to stay, similar to Rozehnal if the deal is right for the club then he will let them go.

Not sure who he'll bring in as a replacement, or if he'll even bother.

Guest David Kelly

I like the way everyone now seems to be coming up with this "if he wan't to leave for Stoke then fuck him" attitude.

If he is on his way there where does the assumption that he wanted a move come from?  If we are prepared to let him go there and train with them I wouldn't blame him if he says sod them if they don't want me.  Until this transfer was first talked about there has never been any suggestion that he wanted to leave so why do people think he's so desperate to get out now?

I can't believe some of the reactions on here.

If Faye wants to leave, so be it.

But he's not a massive loss.

In my opinion, it seems fashionable to bash Taylor at the minute, and fashionable to rate Faye, when in reality there isn't much between them.

Even if we don't replace him, it's not a massive loss.

In terms of squad size its pretty big

In my opinion, it seems fashionable to bash Taylor at the minute, and fashionable to rate Faye, when in reality there isn't much between them.

Disagree, while not a massive loss, we can ill afford to be letting experienced centre halves go without a replacement.  We have no idea how Colo will fit into a new league (from posts on that Depo forum, he took a while there), Capaca is old, fragile and very shaky against physical teams and Taylor is both inconsistent and prone to the odd injury.

Disagree, while not a massive loss, we can ill afford to be letting experienced centre halves go without a replacement.  We have no idea how Colo will fit into a new league (from posts on that Depo forum, he took a while there), Capaca is old, fragile and very shaky against physical teams and Taylor is both inconsistent and prone to the odd injury.

But for all we know, we have someone lined up to come in.

If that's the case and he is an improvement then I will be absolutely delighted, really delighted.

Can't believe this,  I ignored it really yesterday but if this happens, I'll be pretty annoyed at Faye.  I can't understand the people on here who seem to be blaming Keegan because I doubt he'd sell anyone if he had the choice other than probably Shola.  Faye must want to leave and if he does he may as well.  He's good but he'd not world class and would not be that difficult to replace/upgrade but it would be for more like 7-10m as opposed to 2.

If Keegan is happy to let Faye go, and especially if Faye is wanting to go, then fair enough. I am surprised but  surely it means we have someone else lined up. The thing that gets me is the price. How much did we pay for him? It astounds me that the likes of Ameobi and Smith are being valued higher.

If we sign another CB as well as Coloccini it won't be that bad to see Faye go. But if we don't it will be very poor management by the club.

The idea that because a player wants to go he should be automatically sold is bollocks IMO... much more should be done to tie players to their contracts and 'encourage' them to stay. Ideal world I know.

Guest optimistic nit

it is a big loss. we just have to hope taylor improves or bassong continues his pre season form. or cacapa improves. colo and faye would have been our best defensive partnership, no doubt about it imo.

If we've got a replacement lined up, I'd like to see him in first before we let Faye go.  Otherwise, we cannot let him go, even if he doesn't want to be here.  We are one season-ending injury to Colo away from flirting with the 12-17 zone again.

Odd that we are letting him go, he must want to.

Taylor will be great with Colo this year anyway, he'll come on leaps and bounds.

Hope you're right. I actually want Taylor to be really good.

I'd love Taylor to be good and time is on his side he's still very young. My only worry is the last couple of seasons he seems to have stayed pretty much the same. Hopefully putting him in there with a good defender will improve him.