Manchester United 1 - 1 Newcastle - 17/08/08 - post match reaction from page 26

Dave

Anyway, this thread isn't about Sam - didn't we play well on sunday? ;D

I wonder how many kilometres per minute Guthrie covered?  ???

Aye sorry lads  :blush:

He just fucked me off royally

Wasn't getting at you my good man, I enjoy slagging off Sam as much as the next dude.

Anyway, this thread isn't about Sam - didn't we play well on sunday? ;D

I wonder how many kilometres per minute Guthrie covered?  ???

Aye sorry lads  :blush:

He just fucked me off royally

Wasn't getting at you my good man, I enjoy slagging off Sam as much as the next dude.

:thup:

Just turned TalkSport on to hear Fat f***ing Sam tell everyone that had Man U been at full strength then they would have, no doubt, 100% have won. Yes it was more likely but the way he said it it was like we wouldnt have had a cat in hells chance and neednt have bothered turning up

f*** off you c***. Just because you dont think you can achieve anything against anyone with attacking football. Piss off back to the whole from which you crawled.

just because your still the last manager to lose a league game v derby ffs

It gets worse. He ended the interview by saying that "if you give me the job of managing one of the top 4 I will play as attractive a style of football as anyone"

f*** me, he has actually gone insane. He basically lumped Newcastle in with Bolton as the type of team where by the only way to succeed is to play "f*** them up" style football against the top 4.

I am literally in a state of shock having heard that

He used to say something similar before he became our manager - that he only played that style of football because of the limited resources he had at Bolton.  If he had better players ......  Well he had better players at Newcastle and ones that were particularly unsuited to that style of football and still tried to make them play that way.

Cannot imagine him getting another job in the Premiership.

If the sports science etc worked for him at one time, anything that was particularly beneficial would have been adopted by other clubs now so can't see those methods working for him now.

in my opinion, some of the vitriol being spewed towards big sam is unjustified. he never had a full season at a club in turmoil/transition, and had to wheel and deal amidst all the uncertainty.

personally think he's a clever football man, who got the newcastle job at the wrong time on both accounts. it was the wrong career move for him, and he was the wrong man at the time for us.

Just watching the highlights from Jonas in the game and the link up with Martins for both runs at goal he had was excellent. O0

Cant help but feel a bit smug that most fans around the country will have suddenly sat up thinking "who the hell is this fella"

in my opinion, some of the vitriol being spewed towards big sam is unjustified. he never had a full season at a club in turmoil/transition, and had to wheel and deal amidst all the uncertainty.

personally think he's a clever football man, who got the newcastle job at the wrong time on both accounts. it was the wrong career move for him, and he was the wrong man at the time for us.

However much I hate him for his time here, I have to agree.

HE made the team play much worse than they were capable of with HIS baffling tactics and ludicrous team selections. and the HE couldn't admit when HE was at fault.

:lol:

Got around to reading this thread, seeing how the action unfolded in the forum's perspective.

What is now clear is that there is one person responsible for us not taking three points.

Dave.

Left to right man.

You may well be right, but all I can think of when I see/hear Allardyce is being the ONLY fucking team last season to lose to Derby... hard to not spew vitriol at him for that.

HE made the team play much worse than they were capable of with HIS baffling tactics and ludicrous team selections. and the HE couldn't admit when HE was at fault.

:thup: especially the bit in bold

Just watching the highlights from Jonas in the game and the link up with Martins for both runs at goal he had was excellent. O0

Cant help but feel a bit smug that most fans around the country will have suddenly sat up thinking "who the hell is this fella"

looked around on half a dozen different club's forums yesterday and there is definitely a buzz about Jonas Guiterrez. fells good for the flavour of the week to be a newcastle player, just looking forward to seeing him play again.

All I'm going to say is

Anyhow, less of the Allardyceness going on....balls to him.

To dispell this rumour, I thought it was rather strange at first as well.

Until I watched it closely and found that:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b801b24e96.png

this is most likely Allardyce, talking on a microphone rather than an overhead announcer. The way he's talking suggests he's stood on the pitch pointing at particular areas as he talks as well.

That's that ammunition shat all over :laugh:

Got around to reading this thread, seeing how the action unfolded in the forum's perspective.

What is now clear is that there is one person responsible for us not taking three points.

Dave.

Left to right man.

Wondered if you'd notice.

Really enjoyed the game,some great football by us esp when we were on the counter attack.All the new signings playing very good.Was really impressed with Guthrie looked comfortable on the ball and never gave it away cheaply.,Collocini looks like the rock we are crying out for in centre defence and lastly Gutherriez was superb!He has some engine on him,really pacey,some lovely touches and made a right arse outta Shrek.

We need to take all three points now against Bolton and push on!

All I'm going to say is

Anyhow, less of the Allardyceness going on....balls to him. 

To dispell this rumour, I thought it was rather strange at first as well.

Until I watched it closely and found that:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b801b24e96.png

this is most likely Allardyce, talking on a microphone rather than an overhead announcer. The way he's talking suggests he's stood on the pitch pointing at particular areas as he talks as well.

That's that ammunition shat all over  :laugh:

Aye, but the fact remains he is talking over a tannoy system to a team made up of 80% foreigners in a broad Yorkshire accent that even I and many others have trouble understanding.

He is also talking utter shite if you actually listen to it. 

"I want butty ere n milner ere and if your there, then he's there and were 4 2 4 too soon!" etc.

How the fuck is Enrique/Faye/Zog/Martins/Cacapa for example going to understand that bollocks?

I'm not one for arguments via the internet on forums, as pretty much all of my posts have sufficient evidence and worthwhile opinions to back them up and make them worthy of posting.  I just think this video highlights how poor man to man management and catering to individuals needs/skills he was. 

He is a very clever man, and I thought at the time we should have stuck by him, but with hindsight (and after various reports) he is a very self opinionated, arrogant and bitter man who will quite possibly do anything, including slag our club off, to get another job. 

It's a black country accent. He's from Dudley.

That is true originally, but I believe he has taken Nationality of the Planet Zog...

The suspicious, sour look he often had on his face sums up his personality, and his comments after leaving have confirmed that - contrast that with Dalglish saying that NUFC was a great job when we were looking to replace Allardyce....

not from yours, but:  Old Trafford - the site of more Geordie embarrassments than the Bigg Market gutters.    ;D