KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Similar to at the end of last season, the club is a pantomime because of keegan throwing his toys out of the pram again in public.

Throwing his toys out of the pram yes.But is it for good of the club?I would say yes,would you prefer for our manager not to be bothered that we didnt get enough talent in for the coming season

Guest Thandi_45

I rate Barton for coming out and saying that he wanted to stay and prove to the fans that he can cut it, even though he was basically being thrown out by the club. The club is being run just like one of Mikes chav-tastic sports stores! I hope he gets some fucking grief over this. The most stingy billionaire in the world!

Similar to at the end of last season, the club is a pantomime because of keegan throwing his toys out of the pram again in public.

Throwing his toys out of the pram yes.But is it for good of the club?I would say yes,would you prefer for our manager not to be bothered that we didnt get enough talent in for the coming season

There are ways of going about that that doesn't involve storming out and the fans not knowing if you've quit or not.

I'm sure he has his reasons. For all we know, he may be at training as normal first thing in the morning.

He should have been there today if he wanted to keep this private.

" Keegan and Ashley clashed in a heated exchange over a number of issues which have been coming to a head for several weeks, with Keegan unable any longer to suppress his anger and frustration.

He was upset that the entire squad was put up for sale on Monday as the transfer window closed and that two more players, Xisco and Nacho Gonzalez, were signed without his knowledge. Keegan was also disturbed by the plan to sell Joey Barton behind his back."

What the f*** are they on about :idiot2: :lol:

Apparently, the 'rumour' is that when Keegan went in for talks with Ashley yesterday, they held heated discussions and Ashley came out with the above statement, saying that noone was guarenteed to stay - if the offer was good enough, the player was out the door.

I hadn't heard that thanks for the info.  Still that's the same everywhere really, its nothing like putting the entire squad up for sale.  Which is quite frankly the most ridiculous claim I've ever heard from any supposed serious news paper, and that really is saying something.

I rate Barton for coming out and saying that he wanted to stay and prove to the fans that he can cut it, even though he was basically being thrown out by the club. The club is being run just like one of Mikes chav-tastic sports stores! I hope he gets some f***ing grief over this. The most stingy billionaire in the world!

Yet he's spent something like a 5th of his wealth on the club. The guy isn't Abramovich, and we can't expect him to pump shitloads of his own money into transfers.

Guest optimistic nit

Sack the mods I say, going behind our backs making changes. Jeez, they'll be employing ex-thugs to recruit new members soon.

Will N-O ever be the same again? I'm thinking about giving up on it personally.

:lol:

sack the fucking mods? what will that achieve. We need to sack the admin, stingiest admin in the world, allthe other forums have admins that buy proper servers, but this one comes under a bit of pressure and it cracks.

Sack the mods I say, going behind our backs making changes. Jeez, they'll be employing ex-thugs to recruit new members soon.

sack the fucking mods? what will that achieve. We need to sack the admin, stingiest admin in the world, allthe other forums have admins that buy proper servers, but this one comes under a bit of pressure and it cracks.

We should get in an admin with oil money, he would ensure that we'd get a canny good server. And possibly even better servers in a few months time that could be formed into a super-server.

Guest optimistic nit

We should get in an admin with oil money, he would ensure that we'd get a canny good server. And possibly even better servers in a few months time that could be formed into a super-server.

this forum has had a shit server for too long, we deserve better. boycoutt the forum for a day i say, that'd show them that we're not fucking impressed.  :angry:

Guest Thandi_45

I rate Barton for coming out and saying that he wanted to stay and prove to the fans that he can cut it, even though he was basically being thrown out by the club. The club is being run just like one of Mikes chav-tastic sports stores! I hope he gets some f***ing grief over this. The most stingy billionaire in the world!

Yet he's spent something like a 5th of his wealth on the club. The guy isn't Abramovich, and we can't expect him to pump shitloads of his own money into transfers.

Note to mike. Don't buy a club and say you want to challenge for the title in a few years if you can't put up the cash. You wanna make a omlette you gotta break some fucking eggs!

There are ways of going about that that doesn't involve storming out and the fans not knowing if you've quit or not.

Thats a fair point but I reckon hes gone off to cool off for a bit.

not getting the talent ? in may if you'd ask on here if people would/ve been happy with coloccini,an argentine international winger,spanish under 21 forward,uraguayan international midfielder,french under 21 defender as cover and dsanny guthrie. most would have said it was ok and there'd be no tears aswell as milner bringing in upowards of 10mill.

it hasn't been a bad window, not brilliant but not bad.

When Ashley wakes up tomorrow, I suspect he'll have realised that the situation is now untenable. Even if Keegan comes back, the credibility of the current set-up is shot to pieces. No decent player with other options is going to want to join. Everyone will be wondering when the next row and storming out is going to happen. We've been publicly exposed as a house divided, in the same way as after the Chelsea game, only ten times worse.

The sad fact is that Keegan's standing with many fans is such that Ashley and Wise's team are likely to get almost the entire blame, and it'll be difficult for them to carry on in that atmosphere. Everyone will lose.

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER, believe anything you read in the Mail, not a single word.

The whole squad up for sale! Fuck off! Does that include Collo, Jonas, Guthrie, Bassong, etc? What, even though they can only change clubs once a season? I think FIFA might have something to say about that, don't you?

Like I said, never believe anything those Nazi supporting fucks ever say.

Before anyone says "oh well it was obviously an exaggeration, they didn't mean literally the whole squad", well think about it, that's the whole fucking point, isn't it. If it's an exaggeration then it's bullshit, it has no meaning unless it's 100% true and as it simply cannot be 100% true, then it's 100% a lie.

Like I said, never trust a Nazi.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

When Ashley wakes up tomorrow, I suspect he'll have realised that the situation is now untenable. Even if Keegan comes back, the credibility of the current set-up is shot to pieces. No decent player with other options is going to want to join. Everyone will be wondering when the next row and storming out is going to happen. We've been publicly exposed as a house divided, in the same way as after the Chelsea game, only ten times worse.

The sad fact is that Keegan's standing with many fans is such that Ashley and Wise's team are likely to get almost the entire blame, and it'll be difficult for them to carry on in that atmosphere. Everyone will lose.

Spot on

Guest optimistic nit

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER, believe anything you read in the Mail, not a single word.

The whole squad up for sale! Fuck off! Does that include Collo, Jonas, Guthrie, Bassong, etc? What, even though they can only change clubs once a season? I think FIFA might have something to say about that, don't you?

Like I said, never believe anything those Nazi supporting fucks ever say.

Before anyone says "oh well it was obviously an exaggeration, they didn't mean literally the whole squad", well think about it, that's the whole fucking point, isn't it. If it's an exaggeration then it's bullshit, it has no meaning unless it's 100% true and as it simply cannot be 100% true, then it's 100% a lie.

Like I said, never trust a Nazi.

great advice like that is why i'm still on this board.

The media have only painted us as house divided. Of course everyone will believe it but we have no idea what has caused the friction today.

The way the press have portrayed the whole situation, we are no different to Liverpool in that the manager and owners are seemingly at odds with each other.

not getting the talent ? in may if you'd ask on here if people would/ve been happy with coloccini,an argentine international winger,spanish under 21 forward,uraguayan international midfielder,french under 21 defender as cover and dsanny guthrie. most would have said it was ok and there'd be no tears aswell as milner bringing in upowards of 10mill.

it hasn't been a bad window, not brilliant but not bad.

I dont think it has being a bad window either,but considering we got no cover in for a rb,lb and no dm to replace Butt,unsure what Gonzalez is like as our creative midfielder.I think thats what Keegan s pissed about.Not getting all the players in that we needed

I also seriously wonder whether Keegan decided to bring this whole situation to a head, either deliberately or subconsciously. He was disillusioned with the game before, he always been impatient for success and I wonder if he's really got the stomach for the long slog up the table that's the realistic scenario.

When he had that outburst after the Chelsea game, he was talking like a man who didn't care whether or not he kept his job. Not getting the players he wanted this transfer window may have had the same downer effect as the Chelsea game. Picking a row and getting himself sacked with plenty of compensation may not have been such an unattractive proposition.

Keegan may not have done this in a consciously cynical way. But he tends to think he's in the right all the time, and he may have kidded himself that he was acting out of principle.

Guest The Libertine

dont know if this has been said yet, but try to remember before you jump to a definite conclusion that we havent actually heard ANY side of this story yet. we only know what the media claim to know. let the facts come out and then pick a side (it hopefully wont get to side-picking stage of course)

dont know if this has been said yet, but try to remember before you jump to a definite conclusion that we havent actually heard ANY side of this story yet. we only know what the media claim to know. let the facts come out and then pick a side (it hopefully wont get to side-picking stage of course)

Having read some good opinions on hear tonight, I am frightened that KK is going to be to blame. I dont want to entertain the thought that KK is the one that has made us look stupid this time around