Where abouts are you from?

Guest michaelfoster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Didn't Stevie use to make threads like these to decide who he had to hate?

What was funny about Stevie is that he simultaneously thought Newcastle's fanbase was 3 times bigger than Sunderland's, even though Half of gateshead was mackem, almost all of south shields was, Wallsend was full of them too and Ashington was a mackem town in disguise. Had he been right we'd be getting in 20,000 fans a game and Sunderland would have crowds of 80,000.

to respond to the OP, born in Newcastle, grew up in Gateshead.

foreigner here... Norway...

look at the map in the link... look for North Cape :p

http://www.scantours.com/Maps/images/9_N_Cape__Lofoten.jpg

but why NUFC?

this isn't having a go,just curious

Glory hunter.

mackems.gif

I became a fan when Shearer signed, because I've always been a Shearer fan. So when I got to know that he was from Newcastle and that Newcastle was one (if not his most) favorite club, I didn't have a problem with supporting Newcastle when he retired :) Why would I ever support Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool? (Ok, got to admit I like the way Arsenal play - fucking love it) but other than that, we have the greatest (and strangest) fans in England. We have the coolest kits too... (except Everton's 3rd kit, which is pink?:p) haha...  We have passion, and you know.. once you pick your favorite club you can't change it... you can add other clubs, but they won't ever be your first favorite ever.... it is easier to break up with your girl and find another, then it is to quit supporting your favorite club and find new favorite.