mackems 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 25/10/08 - post-match depression from page 18

Dave

Just a few thoughts from the game:

Thought overall the mackems probably deserved their win. Typical blood and thunder derby in the first half, they dominated at first, got their goal, we dominated and got our goal. What pissed me off about the match was our complete lack of fight in the second half. The game was their to be won and we just sat back and let it pass us by. What has impressed me a lot about Kinnear is the way we've come out after the break firing from all cylinders but today it wasn't there. Sunderland weren't anything amazing it was more our pedestrian approach to the half that cost us in the end.

Oh and the pitch invasion, please. They want to be seen as a big club? That really isn't the way to go about it

words cant describe my feelings

been asleep all night and missed x-factor after quite a bit to drink which pissed me off even more  :rolleyes:

we are terrible, no one tried

You missing x-factor really puts this loss into perspective, thanks.  I feel much better for knowing that.

Guest samtoonarmy

We deserved to get beat today, to be honest. I hate to say it, but Sunderland were the better side.

I cant understand Shola sometimes. He scored a decent header to make it 1-1, but then he goes and blazes a chance he should have buried over the bar. And that cross that he put out for a goal kick, with two minutes to go, was just a disgrace. There wasnt a single red and white shirt anywhere near him and all he had to do was float the ball in the box. Instead, he put the ball behind for a goal kick.

But when Barton came on, I thought he did well considering all of the abuse he was getting from the s**m and with him and Jonas back (and starting) for West Brom, hopefully we'll pick up the three points and go on from their and get a result against Villa. 

FOOTBALL descended into anarchy at the Stadium of Light yesterday as hundreds of hate-filled thugs went on a violent rampage.

In the worst pitch riot ever seen in the Premier League, warring Sunderland and Newcastle yobs traded punches inside the stadium.

fucking hell, the press  bluelaugh.gif

On a side not Geremi has to be our most effective player ever, how many assits has he got so far?

He'd have plenty more if half of his crosses/free kicks made it past the first man or didn't go flying high and wide. If he was consistent he'd probably be one of our best players.

Unitl the end of Jan then, i can go to work and rip the skunks. Dont miss MOTD now. Wor Al might be on. One final comment Joe Ks comments (News of the world) about Barton are shocking. He should not be playing football full stop. The bloke is a thug, no better than the terrible support you so quickly point out that ran onto the pitch today.

What the fuck does El-Hadj-Diouf not play for you tossers!

Unitl the end of Jan then, i can go to work and rip the skunks. Dont miss MOTD now. Wor Al might be on. One final comment Joe Ks comments (News of the world) about Barton are shocking. He should not be playing football full stop. The bloke is a thug, no better than the terrible support you so quickly point out that ran onto the pitch today.

What the fuck does El-Hadj-Diouf not play for you tossers!

Don't bite man. We all know their manager should have been banned from football for life anyway.

Guest Washington_Mag

You know what, you must be right, have you all lost the passion for our derby? Or do you still consider Man U as your rivals?

Man U were our rivals but not any more, I still hate you lot more.

:rolleyes:

Fishy, dip your head in a fucking blender you spineless prick

We didn't play awfully, and it's certainly an improvement on what we were dishing up before the Everton game.

Let's face the truth though, as Shay said himself, at the moment they're a better squad than us.

We pushed them until the end, and it took a wonderful free kick to beat us.

They fully deserved their win, but our 28 year run had to end at some point.

Must beat West Brom now though, it's a crucial, crucial match.

Guest nufc_kev

Joey Barton was at the centre of controversy again yesterday but for once the Newcastle United midfielder was blameless.

On a day his side lost 2-1, their first defeat at Sunderland in 28 years, Barton was jeered and spat at, with coins and plastic bottles thrown in his direction. The incidents were among several that marred a jubilant derby day for the home team. Because of a six-game ban, Barton had played only three minutes since his release from prison in July. He was named as a substitute and was warming up when the Sunderland fans let fly. Police instructed him to return to the dugout. The player initially objected and kissed his badge at one stage. Witnesses said he had been spat at by the crowd and he handed what appeared to be a coin to stewards.

Sunderland now look certain to face an FA inquiry. One fan was detained after confronting the Newcastle goalkeeper Shay Given when Kieran Richardson scored the winner. However, the most serious trouble was after the final whistle. Some Sunderland fans invaded the pitch, mobbing players. They then approached the Newcastle end in the South Stand, taunting the away supporters. A small number of Newcastle fans also came onto the pitch and there were some scuffles.

“I’m not really sure what went on at the end,” Sunderland’s manager, Roy Keane, said. “If you think I’m going to criticise Sunderland supporters then you are wrong."

Was talking to a lad on another Newcastle forum, apparently his mackem mate died at the game, heart attack while sitting on his seat. Maybe people like Kev will see that and realise that his club losing a game of football isnt as bad as he thinks it is.

Was talking to a lad on another Newcastle forum, apparently his mackem mate died at the game, heart attack while sitting on his seat. Maybe people like Kev will see that and realise that his club losing a game of football isnt as bad as he thinks it is.

Shit  :kasper:

Guest Nufc4Life

Ah well thats how it goes. Football is more important than life or death for me, so whilst it's a big shame he has died, us losing to them is worse.

Ah well thats how it goes. Football is more important than life or death for me, so whilst it's a big shame he has died, us losing to them is worse.

Very very sad

I am sorry but that comment is %100 out of order!!!  what about the ppor sods family?

Pathetic human being if that's honestly your opinion.

That is neanderthal to say the least.

We didn't play awfully, and it's certainly an improvement on what we were dishing up before the Everton game.

Let's face the truth though, as Shay said himself, at the moment they're a better squad than us.

We pushed them until the end, and it took a wonderful free kick to beat us.

They fully deserved their win, but our 28 year run had to end at some point.

Must beat West Brom now though, it's a crucial, crucial match.

No way in the world they have a better squad than us ours may not be that big but there is certainly lot more quality than most teams in the Premiership. Our loss was down to a managerial cock up.

daft bastard