Jose Enrique out for at least three weeks with hamstring injury

Guest BooBoo

He justs lacks the confidence to go forward and surrender his defensive positioning. Said this before but defensively he's excellent and well worth keeping, absolutely no sense in getting rid of him.

Should stay and build on what he;s got.

By all means buy another full back, but he better be top quality because while Enrique's hit and miss with his passing, his defending is outstanding for me. You can stick your Arne Riise up your arse Joe.

By all means buy another full back, but he better be top quality because while Enrique's hit and miss with his passing, his defending is outstanding for me. You can stick your Arne Riise up your arse Joe.

If we sign JAR to replace him I think I will cry for at least a month.

This. Coulden't put it any better. Would be gutted with Rise.

So much better today. More please.

That's the thing though, when he plays well he looks a real prospect. When he plays poorly he's pretty pathetic.

An example of a confidence player if ever there was one, and I wish as a club we would stick with players like this until they improve.

That's the thing though, when he plays well he looks a real prospect. When he plays poorly he's pretty pathetic.

An example of a confidence player if ever there was one, and I wish as a club we would stick with players like this until they improve.

like Taylor, thank god we stuck with him for 4 years  O0

would be gutted if Enrique was sold tbh, generally a very good defender

Indeed. He played really well today but often can look like a complete cabbage. Lets just hope todays game can give him the confidence to go on a decent run,.

Indeed. He played really well today but often can look like a complete cabbage. Lets just hope todays game can give him the confidence to go on a decent run,.

I wonder whether he read Kinnear's comments in the Sunday papers before or after the game. :lol:

That Pompey left back looked quite good imo, only there on loan apparently.

We were linked to him in the summer, he looks a cracking player, defensive positioning isnt great but has pace to burn so that makes up for it. Went forward like his life depending on it.

Newcastle United full back Jose Enrique has hailed manager Joe Kinnear for bringing more self-confidence and an offensive spirit to the team.

Kinnear replaced Kevin Keegan earlier this season, and helped The Magpies climb out of the danger zone.

Spanish defender Enrique understands the English tactician is having a meaningful influence on his team’s results, and makes them play a more continental football.

Enrique told Marca: “We are experiencing a good run of results. We conceded lots of draws, but against good adversaries, which is a good thing for us.

“We are self-confident. The manager’s change proved positive as he has helped us improve.

“Thanks to him I’m playing the football that I like. I don’t want to forget the way football is being played in Spain and at the moment I attack much more.

“The coach asked me to do so and congratulated me for my work.”

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2008/12/17/Prem-Jose-Enrique-on-Newcastle/gnid-31944/

Newcastle United full back Jose Enrique has hailed manager Joe Kinnear for bringing more self-confidence and an offensive spirit to the team.

Kinnear replaced Kevin Keegan earlier this season, and helped The Magpies climb out of the danger zone.

Spanish defender Enrique understands the English tactician is having a meaningful influence on his team’s results, and makes them play a more continental football.

Enrique told Marca: “We are experiencing a good run of results. We conceded lots of draws, but against good adversaries, which is a good thing for us.

“We are self-confident. The manager’s change proved positive as he has helped us improve.

“Thanks to him I’m playing the football that I like. I don’t want to forget the way football is being played in Spain and at the moment I attack much more.

“The coach asked me to do so and congratulated me for my work.”

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2008/12/17/Prem-Jose-Enrique-on-Newcastle/gnid-31944/

mackems.gif