Chelsea 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 22/11/08 - post match reaction from page 15

Dave

Could still be back in the bottom 3 come monday night though :(

Hope this points gives us the little push we need to go for the win against boro. Their confidence will be low after being done by bolton today.

"We played 70% of the game in the opponent's half and we tried 10 times to score a goal. They didn't try to make anything against us. Who won today? Newcastle, because they came here to draw with us." - Scolari.

Tell you what Phil, tell Roman to give us an open chequebook and level the playing field somewhat, until then fuck off.

"We played 70% of the game in the opponent's half and we tried 10 times to score a goal. They didn't try to make anything against us. Who won today? Newcastle, because they came here to draw with us." - Scolari.

Tell you what Phil, tell Roman to give us an open chequebook and level the playing field somewhat, until then fuck off.

It's sort of true though. Not that I'm complaining, I'm stunned a Joe Kinnear side came away from there with anything. We had to play so defensively because we'd have left ourselves open otherwise. I can understand him being frustrated.

Tell you what Phil, tell Roman to give us an open chequebook and level the playing field somewhat, until then f*** off.

It's pure frustration though. Swap the sides around and I'd expect everyone to be p***ed off by the opponent's tactics.

Tell you what Phil, tell Roman to give us an open chequebook and level the playing field somewhat, until then f*** off.

It's pure frustration though. Swap the sides around and I'd expect everyone to be p***ed off by the opponent's tactics.

Why? We didn't try to kick them off the park so he's got fuck all to complain about.

Dont talk sense man.  :idiot2:

I'm not gonna argue with the bloke a great deal. I can remember us being absolutely seething when Bolton came and did it against us last season. Not disagreeing with you either btw, Wullie. They still had chances to score a goal, they got to the byline a good few times and had some shit delivery/finishers. They didn't really deserve a victory today from what i saw.

Why? We didn't try to kick them off the park so he's got fuck all to complain about.

Man needs to learn a little humilty. I shall wait until MOTD to see if he comments on the fact that his strikers didnt manage to take any of their chances. Very Fergie-eqsue excuse. I thought Phil was better than that

Guest Heneage

Dont talk sense man.  :idiot2:

Having seen numerous teams do it (Most recently Bolton) at our place I couldn't give a monkeys, that we did not appease Chelseas loyal fans.

Guest Howaythetoon

I hate to see our players play the way we did but in our circumstances I'll take anything if it means points on the board.

I really like it, we will never beat Chelsea playing open, expansive football at their ground. Man Utd and Liverpool don't go to sides like that and play that way either. The only way we could play like that is if we have that amount of money to buy an equally impressive squad and then choose to play like that which is unlikely even then to get the points.

The difference is, we didn't go and play 4-5-1 like teams do for a draw. We didn't play intentional scrappy long ball. We're simply not good enough to play attacking football against a team like Chelsea without being punished on the counter. The team defended well, but the midfield doesn't have enough creativity in it for anything else. So I'll gladly take a point due to their inability to get through us and take their chances.

indeed

I hate to see our players play the way we did but in our circumstances I'll take anything if it means points on the board.

I don't like it either, but the best teams are always able to batten down the hatches when necessary. It's a valuable tool in a circumstances like today, and while we don't want to see it too often, it makes me feel better that we can defend when we have to.

the 70 mins i watched of it, i thought we did very well. Played the right game for the sitution, and looked like we had a good spirit and work rate, the players looked like they cared to me.

well done,

remember what they did to the makems.

Another good thing is that we've now played Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea all away from home this season... get liverpool out the way as well and we should be able to realistically go for 3 points in most our other games for the rest of the season.