Derek Llambeezy

Willow

They've been banging the Tiote drum for ages :lol: Just before every window we get Pardew coming out in the press saying "Oooh, look at him. Isn't he a handsome chap? Doesn't he smell nice? Wouldn't it be awful if someone were to come in and make a bid for one of our star players? Eh? Wouldn't it?" and yet he's still here.

:lol:

DEREK LLAMBIAS ON...

Selling members of the current squad: “ For instance, Tiote has been with us a year and a half. He is out there. People know he’s a good player. He’s proven in the Premier League, he’s not picking up as many yellow cards, he’s learning. How are we going to stop a big club from coming in for him? It’ll be very hard. One thing in our favour is that we now have a very good side and that might encourage the player to stay. But if someone knocks on the door and says they want this or that money, the reality may be that we have to trade."

Did he really have to say this part? its almost like hes inviting offers  :rolleyes:

Everyone knows that if the bigger clubs come in for your players that it is hard to hold on to them but why do we have to mention it in virtually every interview.  You don't hear other clubs constantly saying it is going to be a struggle to hold on to their best players.  It just smacks of reminding other clubs we have some players they might like to take a look out and we are open to offers.

Even in Pardew's interview on Radio Newcastle about Krul's new contract, he was saying it was good business for the club as it would ensure they would get the maximum price if another club came in for him.

Well then, summer will be fun.

It could be horrible but within a few games, if the newer, cheaper signings perform well and Graham Carr pulls some worldies out of the bag, people will be saying Cheick who?

Fair points but I'm struggling to think of a player who will be as beastly as Cheik. Graham Carr might be able find such a player but then again, he might not. Best case scenario is Tiote staying.

Looks like Tiote will be on his way then, reading between the lines - Chelsea or Arsenal possible destinations? Selling your best players is always risky, because you have to bring in a replacement who is as good as what you have lost, otherwise the team goes backwards. You only have to look back to the 80's, when Waddle, Beardsley and Gascoinge were peddaled and the side (and club) suffered as a result.

DEREK LLAMBIAS ON...

Selling members of the current squad: “ For instance, Tiote has been with us a year and a half. He is out there. People know he’s a good player. He’s proven in the Premier League, he’s not picking up as many yellow cards, he’s learning. How are we going to stop a big club from coming in for him? It’ll be very hard. One thing in our favour is that we now have a very good side and that might encourage the player to stay. But if someone knocks on the door and says they want this or that money, the reality may be that we have to trade."

Did he really have to say this part? its almost like hes inviting offers  :rolleyes:

Everyone knows that if the bigger clubs come in for your players that it is hard to hold on to them but why do we have to mention it in virtually every interview.  You don't hear other clubs constantly saying it is going to be a struggle to hold on to their best players.  It just smacks of reminding other clubs we have some players they might like to take a look out and we are open to offers.

Even in Pardew's interview on Radio Newcastle about Krul's new contract, he was saying it was good business for the club as it would ensure they would get the maximum price if another club came in for him.

I get that, but did he really have to single out Tiote and mention him? its like he wants to sell him lol.

The only thing iam happy about is the fact apart from Ba, everyone is on long term contracts so anyone that does leave wont be leaving on the cheap. ( again apart from Ba)

Everytime the Ashley/Llambias running of the club gets some positives Cisse signing and Colo/Krul extensions stuff like this and other PR disasters.....

They just cant help themselves can they  :lol:

It could be horrible but within a few games, if the newer, cheaper signings perform well and Graham Carr pulls some worldies out of the bag, people will be saying Cheick who?

Fair points but I'm struggling to think of a player who will be as beastly as Cheik. Graham Carr might be able find such a player but then again, he might not. Best case scenario is Tiote staying.

tbf what did you know of the twente bit parter before we signed him ?  i'd like him to stay as we cant be sure any replacement would be as good but he's not been what he was last season.

Guest MrSundlofer

Even without Llambias comments I thought it was clear Tiote will be sold in the summer? Some big clubs will come in for him.

tbf what did you know of the twente bit parter before we signed him ?  i'd like him to stay as we cant be sure any replacement would be as good but he's not been what he was last season.

Hmmm, indeed. Yeah, it's safe to say that most people (including myself) knew nothing about Tiote before he signed for us. So if he is let go, I suppose the scouting team will be able to find a suitable replacement - they have been shown to be trustworthy. Will be gutted if Tiote does leave (I guess such a sentiment has clouded my judgement a bit).

People need to get real, as Llambias says , if teams like Arsenal can't hold onto players like Nasri, what chance do we have if someone is serious about taking Tiote from us?

“If you can take players from Arsenal, you can take them from anybody. But one thing in our favour is that we now have a very good side and that might encourage the player to stay.”

Guest Craig-NUFC

Hopefully be sold to a non-English team.

Going to start a baseless rumour of PSG for €18m

Considering he has a contract till 2017 theres noway in hell Ashley will sell him for that small amount.

Don't really think £15m is a small amount, especially considering we want the money upfront. I've also got a feeling clubs are going to stop spunking money around so much due to FFP and the current economy

People need to get real, as Llambias says , if teams like Arsenal can't hold onto players like Nasri, what chance do we have if someone is serious about taking Tiote from us?

“If you can take players from Arsenal, you can take them from anybody. But one thing in our favour is that we now have a very good side and that might encourage the player to stay.”

I think we are realistic and know if bigger clubs come for our players we will struggle to hold onto them BUT it is frustrating hearing the manager/chairman constantly go on about it, sounds like they are inviting bids