Derek Llambeezy

Willow

Really interesting to hear the two we missed out on (Remy and Thauvin?) were going to come in on top of everything we did, although I suppose they would perhaps then have left Gouffran until the Summer. Maybe not, of course.

Really interesting to hear the two we missed out on (Remy and Thauvin?) were going to come in on top of everything we did, although I suppose they would perhaps then have left Gouffran until the Summer. Maybe not, of course.

I reckon Remy and Zaha are the two reading from the articles?

Has that Cech remark about the SJP crowd been proven to be real anyway?

I'm not sure we had an offer on the table for Zaha at all, given what his price ended up being. He was obviously on our long-term list of players we'd like if the price was right, but we weren't ever in the running in reality.

Think it was in little doubt that we had bid for Thauvin but he decided he'd prefer to stay in France and move to Lille. The Remy one goes without saying.

I really want to be able to trust these guys.

Some good points. Optimistic about his references to a solid foundation next season. Suggests that there may not be big player sales in the summer.

The only negative I can really take from it is the comments re: Europa League. I hope it doesn't mean we'll continue treating it as a red-headed stepchild now that we're this far in.

I'm not sure we had an offer on the table for Zaha at all, given what his price ended up being. He was obviously on our long-term list of players we'd like if the price was right, but we weren't ever in the running in reality.

Think it was in little doubt that we had bid for Thauvin but he decided he'd prefer to stay in France and move to Lille. The Remy one goes without saying.

:thup:

Good to see that those 2 deals we've missed out would have been on top of the January signings. Hopefully they have truly learned from this season and do what is necessary to push on in future.

Some good points. Optimistic about his references to a solid foundation next season. Suggests that there may not be big player sales in the summer.

The only negative I can really take from it is the comments re: Europa League. I hope it doesn't mean we'll continue treating it as a red-headed stepchild now that we're this far in.

Agreed. Given that last week we beat a team that can be considered amongst the favourites for the tournament we really should be attacking it.  On a side note Rich your sig is so depressing this year. Really hits home how poor we have been.

Although I do like how we extensively scout players I just hope in the future if a good deal is there for the taking we don't reject it by saying 'we haven't scouted them for long enough' and take a chance on them instead of having ti scout them for a few years first

Good quotes apart from the stuff about how 'hard' it is to keep your best players. Not keen on him talking down the Europa League just because its not lucrative either, but I guess that's how most suits in football would see it.

Rest of the stuff is fine.

Agreed, seems the manager, Llambias and Ashley all see it as a total nuisance. Hate that attitude, embrace it - our league campaign is a dead horse anyway.

Agreed. Given that last week we beat a team that can be considered amongst the favourites for the tournament we really should be attacking it.  On a side note Rich your sig is so depressing this year. Really hits home how poor we have been.

Aye, I'm hoping there'll be a fair bit more green added between now and the end of the season though :thup:

Good quotes apart from the stuff about how 'hard' it is to keep your best players. Not keen on him talking down the Europa League just because its not lucrative either, but I guess that's how most suits in football would see it.

Rest of the stuff is fine.

Why exactly? There have been suggestions a few of our players had their heads turned in the summer, so I have no reason to believe all the major players staying on can be taken for granted.

I wouldn't say they see the europa league as a nuisance as I'm sure it helps in player recruitment and sponsorship. The format just needs looked at, too many teams and too many games.

Good stuff from him, wish we'd get this kind of talk more often, surely it doesn't take much but fans generally appreciate it.

Question on the 6 game thing, went on their site had a look and found the price list:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/TicketOffers

Was thinking about taking my 6 year old who is just starting to get in to watching football, where is best to sit, it is simply the family area?

Family Area £85 £70 £70 £30

£85 for adult, but £70 for senior, could get the old man to get the tickets all in for £100.

Sensible stuff from the chairman again. Keep up the good work. :thup:

Oh, and as for the Euro Cup comments, he's spot on; it needs cutting down and restructuring. He didn't say anything about not wanting to win it.

Wasn't the stuff from that article to be fair, was the "Premier League needs to be our focus" one:

“We can’t jeopardise our position. It’s like Europe, we weren’t prepared for Europe so soon.

“It is a very difficult competition for us.

“Even now we have to concentrate on the Premier League. In reality, this year we aren’t as ready for it as we’d like to be.

“Our priority is the league.”

“Next year we will have more depth and we will have a better foundation.

“Then we can go for everything, then it’s different.

“Once this squad gels, this squad is capable of achieving great things in a very difficult league.

“If we have this squad and we can add the depth to it, we can give a run to anybody. I really think that.

“But do I think we’re really ready to be in Europe?

“Talking as somebody who runs this part of the business, we just haven’t got enough depth yet.

“The Premier League is where we have to be. Let’s concentrate on that. That’s what we have to build on.

“We are building.”

May just be a few of us being overly negative, but it does read as a sort of "don't expect much from us in Europe" spiel.

Has no one picked up on the Pards could be here for decades comment?

It's a bit meaningless. He'll only stay if he does well maybe picking up a few trophies along the way. If he doesn't, he wont.

I'll be delighted if he's here for decades.