Derek Llambeezy

Willow

Nabbed this from another forum http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2112590079

for those that cannot read it

"Why Llambias resigned and Kinnear got the job?

I found this on one of the forums and thought it was an interesting post, either true of false!

From a guy his name is Stephen Finn and apparently his uncle works within the club as a manager of the in ground Customer Service team.

Apparently Ashley decided Llambias and Pardew were too close and after the meeting he gave Alan one more chance and offered Llambias resignation or the sack. Llambias chose to fall on his sword and would resign as soon as the formalities of finding a new MD had taken place.

Mike Ashley loves Joe Kinnear and apparently Kinnear is flat broke and when this opportunity presented itself Ashley decided to spilt the MD role in 2. Football and Financial.

Kinnear will deal with all footballing related issues whilst the new person will continue the corporate side of things detailing to sponsorship, merchandise and other things of that fashion.

Joe will report back to Mike about team morale, both playing staff and management, will offer advice and will actively be involved in transfers by trying to find the middle ground between the managers wishes and the recommendations of the head scout.

Kinnear will also talk in the press regarding footballing matters relating to Ashley’s views and desires but will not act as a voice for the team, players or management.

Basically he is there to offer his knowledge and experience to all at the club and has been told not to step on Alan’s toes.

The new director of finances will look to bring in better deals than Llambias and will be tasked with finding exciting opportunities that offer both respectability and better financial implications. They will also be tasked with finding income for future transfers.

Ashley himself will take control of negotiations once the management team have decided which player(s) to go for.

Mike was seemingly furious with last season and the way all his hard work to get the Geordies back onside had been demolished by Alan Pardew, Derek Llambias and others within the club advising him on footballing matters. He decided that whilst the stock is already low he would ring the changes now and suffer the consequences. He truly believes Kinnears passion, experience and attitude can be used for the good of the club and that he will help motivate Alan Pardew (who by all accounts is miserable after last season) the coaches and the players.

Finally the club will actively look to get rid of the dead weight after Kinnear has talked to Pardew and Carr before signing some real quality. Apparently Carr is massively respected by Ashley and Graham doesn’t share the same view as Pardew relating to some of the first team players (Ameobi, Obertan, Steven Taylor and Gutierrez).

In conclusion Kinnear will be the advisor to Ashley and also the mediator between Alan and Graham. Llambias apparently sided too much with Pardew over certain issues within the club and Mike wants a more balanced view. It was said to have been Derek’s fault we didn’t sign players last Summer and his fault we missed out on Remy in Jan. When Mike got involved we signed 5 players and we will start next week on finding new players once Kinnear has listened to Alan and Graham and relayed his own thoughts to Mike.

Also this deal regarding Douglas is reportedly dead in the water based on Graham Carrs recommendations.

Apparently we will be looking for the best deals not the cheapest, hence why Douglas will not be coming in. He was the cheapest CB on the list but so far down Carr’s recommendations that the deal was called off."

Interesting points raised here, all speculation obviously but there are bits of it that make sense when you read elsewhere about Llambias ramblings

If this is true, I'm a little less apprehensive. I mean, it still sucks, but it puts a lot of faith in Carr, which I'm good with.

There is one thing wrong with all of that and it is why it is going to be an epic fail of biblical proportions... He chose Joe Idiot Loud Mouthed Deluded Utter Cunt Kinnear as the DOF.

Guest bimpy474

Nabbed this from another forum http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2112590079

I found this on one of the forums and thought it was an interesting post, either true of false!

From a guy his name is Stephen Finn and apparently his uncle works within the club as a manager of the in ground Customer Service team.

Apparently Ashley decided Llambias and Pardew were too close and after the meeting he gave Alan one more chance and offered Llambias resignation or the sack. Llambias chose to fall on his sword and would resign as soon as the formalities of finding a new MD had taken place.

Mike Ashley loves Joe Kinnear and apparently Kinnear is flat broke and when this opportunity presented itself Ashley decided to spilt the MD role in 2. Football and Financial.

Kinnear will deal with all footballing related issues whilst the new person will continue the corporate side of things detailing to sponsorship, merchandise and other things of that fashion.

Joe will report back to Mike about team morale, both playing staff and management, will offer advice and will actively be involved in transfers by trying to find the middle ground between the managers wishes and the recommendations of the head scout.

Kinnear will also talk in the press regarding footballing matters relating to Ashley’s views and desires but will not act as a voice for the team, players or management.

Basically he is there to offer his knowledge and experience to all at the club and has been told not to step on Alan’s toes.

The new director of finances will look to bring in better deals than Llambias and will be tasked with finding exciting opportunities that offer both respectability and better financial implications. They will also be tasked with finding income for future transfers.

Ashley himself will take control of negotiations once the management team have decided which player(s) to go for.

Mike was seemingly furious with last season and the way all his hard work to get the Geordies back onside had been demolished by Alan Pardew, Derek Llambias and others within the club advising him on footballing matters. He decided that whilst the stock is already low he would ring the changes now and suffer the consequences. He truly believes Kinnears passion, experience and attitude can be used for the good of the club and that he will help motivate Alan Pardew (who by all accounts is miserable after last season) the coaches and the players.

Finally the club will actively look to get rid of the dead weight after Kinnear has talked to Pardew and Carr before signing some real quality. Apparently Carr is massively respected by Ashley and Graham doesn’t share the same view as Pardew relating to some of the first team players (Ameobi, Obertan, Steven Taylor and Gutierrez).

In conclusion Kinnear will be the advisor to Ashley and also the mediator between Alan and Graham. Llambias apparently sided too much with Pardew over certain issues within the club and Mike wants a more balanced view. It was said to have been Derek’s fault we didn’t sign players last Summer and his fault we missed out on Remy in Jan. When Mike got involved we signed 5 players and we will start next week on finding new players once Kinnear has listened to Alan and Graham and relayed his own thoughts to Mike.

Also this deal regarding Douglas is reportedly dead in the water based on Graham Carrs recommendations.

Apparently we will be looking for the best deals not the cheapest, hence why Douglas will not be coming in. He was the cheapest CB on the list but so far down Carr’s recommendations that the deal was called off."

Interesting points raised here, all speculation obviously but there are bits of it that make sense when you read elsewhere about Llambias ramblings

If this is true, I'm a little less apprehensive. I mean, it still sucks, but it puts a lot of faith in Carr, which I'm good with.

There is one thing wrong with all of that and it is why it is going to be an epic fail of biblical proportions... He chose Joe Idiot Loud Mouthed Deluded Utter Cunt Kinnear as the DOF.

And kept Pardew as manager, two British hoofballers.

Joe Kinnear: mediator. Yikes.

If Ashley massively respects Carr & Carr disagrees with Pardew, why does he need Kinnear to act as mediator? If you trust Carrs opinion you back him.

How can Kinnear act as advisor to who is right, unless Ashley thinks his ability to judge a player is just as good as or better than Carr's?

Story makes no sense.

Honestly. If you'd told me immediately after Arsenal that, in a month's time - I'd be concerned that Llambias resigned and relieved Pardew was staying...

What the fuck is going on?

Maybe Ashley didn't want to take footballing decisions himself? If he was relying on what Llambias was telling him and Llambias had Pardews back it would perhaps explain some of the baffling goings on? Probably clutching at straws here :lol:

All seemed pretty believable until "Mike was seemingly furious with last season and the way all his hard work to get the Geordies back onside". Don't believe he's ever tried to do that like.

All seemed pretty believable until "Mike was seemingly furious with last season and the way all his hard work to get the Geordies back onside". Don't believe he's ever tried to do that like.

I must say, I too raised an eyebrow at that.

If he was angry at not keeping the fanbase onside, what on earth did he think appointing Kinnear to this role was going to do?

I was thinking more about his actions as well.

- Having the stadium as the Sports Direct Arena

- Announcing a deal with Wonga

- Plastering SJP with his cheap nasty logos

- Not buying anyone in the Summer

and this was him trying to get us onside?! :lol:

If Ashley massively respects Carr & Carr disagrees with Pardew, why does he need Kinnear to act as mediator? If you trust Carrs opinion you back him.

How can Kinnear act as advisor to who is right, unless Ashley thinks his ability to judge a player is just as good as or better than Carr's?

Story makes no sense.

Don't think Ashley is as involved day to day to make the call.

Llambias was always on Pardew's side, and so he's replaced him with someone who isn't.

If anything this move is a vote of confidence for Carr.

Pardew was already moaning about getting older English players, and Llambias was probably looking to be in his corner on that shit.

Carr was probably like nah son, and we all know Mike Ashley has never been about that.

Guest bimpy474

I must say, I too raised an eyebrow at that.

If he was angry at not keeping the fanbase onside, what on earth did he think appointing Kinnear to this role was going to do?

Well if you believe that story, Ashley will take the hit on appointing Kinnear now. And hope it works getting everyone back onside.

Theories abound at the moment. :lol:

Story makes no sense.

Don't think Ashley is as involved day to day to make the call.

Llambias was always on Pardew's side, and so he's replaced him with someone who isn't.

If anything this move is a vote of confidence for Carr.

Pardew was already moaning about getting older English players, and Llambias was probably looking to be in his corner on that s***.

Carr was probably like nah son, and we all know Mike Ashley has never been about that.

Sure, but a vote of confidence for Carr is you just trust Carr. You dont put your faith in Llambias or Kinnear reporting it back to you without bias. They're still biased by their own stupidity, though atleast Kinnear has some actual connection to football.

Guest bimpy474

Aye we've hired an utter burk.

If I was Graham Carr i'd be slightly offended if my transfer reccomendations can be vetoed by Joe Kinnear.

I wouldn't worry, the old git is blagging it anyway. He'll just agree with Carr anyway as he hasn't a clue himself :lol:

Guest bimpy474

He'll of course take the credit though.  Afterall, he spotted Kebabs for Carr.

Exactly, then have a Sean Connery basking in the glory.

If I was Graham Carr i'd be slightly offended if my transfer reccomendations can be vetoed by Joe Kinnear.

I wouldn't worry, the old git is blagging it anyway. He'll just agree with Carr anyway as he hasn't a clue himself :lol:

True like. I'm just not sure how anyone could be pleased with JFK at the controls or trust him to keep his gob shut when, two days before it even got announced he's on radio and national tv telling a pack of lies  :lol:

He's clearly foaming at the mouth to be our new spokesperson.

Guest bimpy474

True like. I'm just not sure how anyone could be pleased with JFK at the controls or trust him to keep his gob shut when, two days before it even got announced he's on radio and national tv telling a pack of lies  :lol:

He's clearly foaming at the mouth to be our new spokesperson.

He's trying to hard to show he's capable. Combine that with no having ability in the first place to do that and gob that can't shut. Oh dear god :lol:

I don't have much confidence that if / when Pardew leaves we'll install a better manager, imo it's nailed on Kinnear will take the job.

The part about Ashley wanting to give his chum a job or second chance may be correct, but I think it runs deeper than that. He wants the ultimate yes man, someone who has not one issue with the way the club is ran. Pardew has gone along so far but he has clearly been unhappy with some of it, and likely it's all culminated in this meeting a few weeks ago.

So Ashley isn't really left with a long list of candidates. Who would want to work under such methods and bow down to everything Ashley says or does? Well you're looking at Joe Kinnear and maybe Dennis Wise. If they do go way back as people say, then that's maybe why he's here.