Derek Llambeezy

Willow

Guest reefatoon

He's just looking for another football club to plaster his SD signage all over on. I don't think this is anything to do with us, unfortunately...

True true, they already play in the sports direct colours, so he is halfway there already. slap his s*** on it and off they go.

He's just looking for another football club to plaster his SD signage all over on. I don't think this is anything to do with us, unfortunately...

Stop stealing my clutched straws Kermit  :knuppel2:

Love it to be true.

Ashley's original plan with us was, allegedly, to put £20m per season into the club for transfers, etc.  If Rangers were breaking even or even making a profit and that £20m could be used for transfers, it would be more than double what the other clubs in the Scottish top-flight have spent on transfers this season combined.

He could spend comparatively little, easily achieve Champion's League qualification with the promise of more TV money & loads of media exposure for his shitty brand and the fans will love him for it.

Love it to be true.

Ashley's original plan with us was, allegedly, to put £20m per season into the club for transfers, etc.  If Rangers were breaking even or even making a profit and that £20m could be used for transfers, it would be more than double what the other clubs in the Scottish top-flight have spent on transfers this season combined.

He could spend comparatively little, easily achieve Champion's League qualification with the promise of more TV money & loads of media exposure for his shitty brand and the fans will love him for it.

No we certainly will not.

I wish Ashley really would fuck off!

With Red Bull sniffing around the premiership for a club, it could, amazingly, be a case of 'better the devil you know' for us.

Ashley should be stoned to death if he ever sells us to Red Bull.

Rather them than him.

You know what their model for running football clubs is, right?

Club: Red Bull Newcastle FC

Nickname: Red Bulls

Year Founded: 2014

Stadium: Red Bull Arena

Kit Colors: Home-White/Red/Blue

Rather them than him.

You know what their model for running football clubs is, right?

Club: Red Bull Newcastle FC

Nickname: Red Bulls

Year Founded: 2014

Stadium: Red Bull Arena

Kit Colors: Home-White/Red/Blue

So its a question of selling our soul outright to Red Bull for Champions League football, or have Mike suck it out of us slowly, leaving us with nothing but a dried out husk. Hmmm...

Maybe the difference with us and Rangers is that strictly speaking we're from the same country, i.e Britain.  We might be under different associations (England and Scotland) but in terms of nationality both are British clubs and so from one nation.  Do the FIFA / UEFA rules mention clubs in the same nation or clubs in the same association?

Another quirk of our football history possibly.

Maybe the difference with us and Rangers is that strictly speaking we're from the same country, i.e Britain.  We might be under different associations (England and Scotland) but in terms of nationality both are British clubs and so from one nation.  Do the FIFA / UEFA rules mention clubs in the same nation or clubs in the same association?

Another quirk of our football history possibly.

It's complicated because multiple sets of rules apply.

UEFA flat out bars any two clubs owned 50% or more by the same individual from participating in their competitions, but has no restrictions on acquisition itself. (Probably because it'd be unenforceable)

The PL disqualifies anyone who has a 30% or more share in a PL club from owning another PL club through the fit and proper test.

FIFA places no explicit regulations on club ownership.

There'd probably be a giant stink kicked up given that both clubs are fairly high profile, but no rule seems to outright forbid it. If we both end up in the Europa or something Ashley could always just withdraw NUFC so Rangers can participate :lol:

If Red Bull take over and follow their business model of the other 4 teams they own then this will create a shit storm of epic proportions, I can honestly see Ashley selling us out of spite.