Kinnear Out

oldtype

Joe Kinnear has no intention of curbing his touchline antics, in spite of his repeated brushes with authority. The Newcastle United manager, who has two disciplinary cases pending, can expect a disrepute charge from the FA after his spat with Phil Brown, his Hull City counterpart, on Wednesday, but he will not modify his behaviour.

The FA is studying the referee’s report of Hull’s 1-0 FA Cup third-round replay victory at St James’ Park, in which Kinnear and Brown squared up to each other on the touchline. Phil Dowd, the referee, sent both managers to the stands and sanctions are likely. Kinnear insisted yesterday that he was merely defending Chris Hughton, his assistant, and detailed his unhappiness with Brown, who applauded the booking of Fabricio Coloccini, the Newcastle defender.

Brown was incensed by Coloccini’s double tackle on Daniel Cousin, but it was the Hull manager’s response that infuriated his opposite number. “I don’t know a manager that applauds the referee for giving players yellow cards,” Kinnear said. “He must be the only one that does it. When Chris told him he was out of order he [brown] decided to abuse him. I wasn’t going to accept that. I’ll always fight my corner and stick up for what I think is right and there’s no reason why I should change. I’m not going to have someone like that abuse my staff in front of me and then abuse my players.”

Kinnear said that he “gets on with all managers except Brownie”, although he had strong words for Gary Megson, the Bolton Wanderers manager, who has suggested that his club have had a £2 million offer for Joey Barton rejected by Newcastle. “There’s been no bid,” Kinnear said. “Tell Gary Megson he is talking crap.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article5526684.ece

:D

...he had strong words for Gary Megson, the Bolton Wanderers manager, who has suggested that his club have had a £2 million offer for Joey Barton rejected by Newcastle. “There’s been no bid,” Kinnear said. “Tell Gary Megson he is talking crap.”

I thought Wise was doing the selling?

Might as well get the ball rolling.

OK, I've tried. I've really, honestly tried to like this man. I knew he was a second rate manager, an attention whore, and a laughing stock to the rest of the league. But I gave him benefit of the doubt and tried to like him. Whatever he is, he's still our manager after all.

But I've got to the point where I physically just can't bear to look at him anymore. And it's turning my stomach to think that he's in charge of my club.

Sacking another manager right now would be a disaster. Nobody would want the job. It would probably get us relegated.

But you know what? I can't take it anymore. I JUST CANT. ONE MORE f***ed UP INTERVIEW FROM THE f***ing c*** AND I'M GOING TO f***ing EXPLODE.

So feel free to take my name down as one of the first mongs on the Kinnear out bandwagon.

Thoughts?  :angel:

reminds me of the old days.

Give the manager no chance, then call for his head. One or two people will remember those days with great affection, before they were "embarrassed".

What exactly are your views on Kinnear? Do you think he should be given till the end of the season? Do you think he'll work out for us long term?

I meant what I have just said. Give the manager no chance of succeeding, then call for his head. Think about it ?

OK, I've tried. I've really, honestly tried to like this man. I knew he was a second rate manager, an attention whore, and a laughing stock to the rest of the league. But I gave him benefit of the doubt and tried to like him. Whatever he is, he's still our manager after all.

But I've got to the point where I physically just can't bear to look at him anymore. And it's turning my stomach to think that he's in charge of my club.

Sacking another manager right now would be a disaster. Nobody would want the job. It would probably get us relegated.

But you know what? I can't take it anymore. I JUST CANT. ONE MORE f***ed UP INTERVIEW FROM THE f***ing c*** AND I'M GOING TO f***ing EXPLODE.

So feel free to take my name down as one of the first mongs on the Kinnear out bandwagon.

Give the manager no chance, then call for his head. One or two people will remember those days with great affection, before they were "embarrassed".

What exactly are your views on Kinnear? Do you think he should be given till the end of the season? Do you think he'll work out for us long term?

I meant what I have just said. Give the manager no chance of succeeding, then call for his head. Think about it ?

Well, that took a while.

I'm just asking you a straight question. How long do you think will be sufficient time to figure out if Kinnear is good enough or not? How long of a chance does he need?

There is no doubt in my mind now. We absolutely, absolutely need a new manager.

Fuck new signings. I'd rather sign nobody and get a real manager in January.

The attitude of the players range somewhere from "why the fuck am I playing for this clown" to "GET ME OUT NOW"

This "but who would come here?" is bollocks aswell, get rid of Kinnear and we could get a decent manager, there are plenty who would want to come here. How many managers in the Championship would love to come to a bigger Premier League club? They would have nothing to lose but the world to gain if they kept us in this league.

Well, that took a while.

I'm just asking you a straight question. How long do you think will be sufficient time to figure out if Kinnear is good enough or not? How long of a chance does he need?

it doesn't matter. If you don't give the manager a chance , he's got no chance or very little chance. If you don't understand this, then there is nothing else can be said.

What difference will it make to appoint another manager and not back him either ?

This "but who would come here?" is bollocks aswell, get rid of Kinnear and we could get a decent manager, there are plenty who would want to come here. How many managers in the Championship would love to come to a bigger Premier League club? They would have nothing to lose but the world to gain if they kept us in this league.

The 'but nobody decent would come here' is an even bigger indictment on the shitty structure we have going on.

Well, that took a while.

it doesn't matter. If you don't give the manager a chance , he's got no chance or very little chance. If you don't understand this, then there is nothing else can be said.

What difference will it make to appoint another manager and not back him either ?

I'm sorry, but how the fuck can you say "we need to give the manager a chance" while flatly refusing to define the word chance?

I'm asking you a straight question. I'm not even disagreeing. How much time does Kinnear need?

The 'but nobody decent would come here' is an even bigger indictment on the shitty structure we have going on.

The biggest affirmation of this is that the only guy who wanted to work in this structure is Kinnear. Any manager with half a brain wouldn't touch us with an artificially elongated barge pole.

Well, that took a while.

I agree with this. I don't think this result is down to the manager, I just don't think we have enough goals in our team. I don't see how any other manager is going to change that without new signings.

Well, that took a while.

I agree with this. I don't think this result is down to the manager, I just don't think we have enough goals in our team. I don't see how any other manager is going to change that without new signings.

He could start by not losing the dressing room and therefore having his 17m goalscorer actually giving a shit about the team.

The decision is simple really. Sack Joe or go down.

In some ways I think it's inevitable. He's lost the squad and lost the fans, and when we get slaughtered by the mackems at home, the pressure will become so unbearable that he'll either crack and force Ashley to sack him or walk himself.

It'd just be better if we could get it over with sooner.

he's crap, and if we continue with him i think we're screwed. on the other hand, if we get rid of him now and leave houghton in charge for 3 or 4 games, it might be too late to turn our season around, not to mention we'll struggle to find a manager who will come here anyway.

thanks Ashley!