Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

People who get upset about an anti-newcastle article are utter pathetic.  The comments on the Guardian site some of them are just embarrassing.  To wish she was dead - you dont come across as a passionate supporter just some loser who wants to become an internet hardman.  Enough about that crap.

Back on topic, i have a funny feeling Owen would stay.  There isnt going to be the top 4 teams after him, so who else.. Everton - no way, Villa - nah, Spurs possibly - but they have strict wage structure and  Man City i dont believe they will be interested.  So think we will keep him.

owen won't stay for the money alone imo, he was the golden boy of english football behind beckham and he's just spent the last 4 years being directly associated with the biggest laughing stock in english football, which is more or less what we are

he knows he's good enough to be winning trophies and/or playing in europe - if a club offers him a realistic hope of either he's gone

or from our side i reckon he'd need to be sat down by the owners and told they're staying and will restore some credibility and stability to the club, that it's not going to be sold...i always thought owen was only in it for the money and if he signs now he's proving me right tbh

People who get upset about an anti-newcastle article are utter pathetic.  The comments on the Guardian site some of them are just embarrassing.  To wish she was dead - you dont come across as a passionate supporter just some loser who wants to become an internet hardman.  Enough about that crap.

They're not upset by one article, she makes it her mission to spout as much bile about Newcastle United and Newcastle in general as she can, no matter if its true or not.  I'm not surprised some people have gotten very sick of her bullshit.  Wishing her dead is silly, but she's definitely a total cunt in my eyes and I've got no problem saying it.

I've felt for a while now that it'll be Man City. Their strikers aren't doing too well, they can afford his wages and I think Owen would like to move back to the Manc / Mersey area, where his family and his horses live. Plus the big four don't want him.

I've felt for a while now that it'll be Man City. Their strikers aren't doing too well, they can afford his wages and I think Owen would like to move back to the Manc / Mersey area, where his family and his horses live. Plus the big four don't want him.

It'll probably be Spurs or Man City for me. Ironically both clubs are below us at the moment  :iamatwat:

It'll probably be Spurs or Man City for me. Ironically both clubs are below us at the moment  :iamatwat:

But will Mark Hughes be at City next season?  If Owen signs for them next month,  would it be a short-term fix and then if City buy some big name strikers in the Summer and he will be back to being a squad member and coming off the bench.

Cannot bear the thought of him going to Spurs.

What's this 6 month contract he's on about on .com? Just the fact he deserves a new one with only having 6 months on his current, or has someone offered him a 6 month contract?

The BBC asked him "If you are offered a contract,  will you sign it?"  So Owen replied that it depended what it was!  If it was 6 months,  he thinks he's got a bit more to offer,  and laughed it off basically.

If that's accurate then the only clubs able to match that are the top 4 or City. He'll not get a better offer than that imo.

Still not sure he'll sign it like. :undecided: 

i could see Villa or Spurs matching it too (along with ambitious nouveau-riche like wigan or sunderland but he wouldnt go there), primarily because he'd be arriving on a free and they could factor in money saved in transfer fees to add an extra £20,000 or so a week on his wages.

If that's accurate then the only clubs able to match that are the top 4 or City. He'll not get a better offer than that imo.

Still not sure he'll sign it like. :undecided: 

i could see Villa or Spurs matching it too (along with ambitious nouveau-riche like wigan or sunderland but he wouldnt go there), primarily because he'd be arriving on a free and they could factor in money saved in transfer fees to add an extra £20,000 or so a week on his wages.

But if they do that then their other top performers will be banging on the door after similar, look at how Terry and Lampard acted because Ballack and Shevchenko were picking up more money.

The only way either would get him would be if they offered him a huge signing on bonus to make up for lower wages, even then I'm not sure that they would commit to him until he's 33.

It's a very large offer, but he'd be mental to not wait and talk to other clubs in January at the very least.

He can't talk to other Premiership clubs until the end of the season iirc.

No, he can talk to other clubs when there is six months left on his contract.

Olof Mellberg had signed a pre-contract with Juve in early January last year, yet played on for Villa until the end of the season.