Portsmouth 0 - 3 Newcastle United - 14/12/08 - Post match jubilation from p20

Dave

got to say, while i like viduka, i couldnt see him making a run out wide like that

Viduka needs to be released in the summer.

The Shola under Kinnear looks to be more useful than the ever declining and expanding Viduka, who will cost a lot more money too.

Agreed Viduka out.

Credit to JFK for his team selection today, mind. I did worry that Taylor would be back in and that Enrique/N'Zogbia would be pushed out with Duff coming back in too.

Jonas/N'Zogbia is our most potent wing combination, Martins/Owen offers the most threat as far as strikers go and the back five needs no explanation after recent performances.

Despite Butt's typically frustrating performance from an attacking perspective (he was awful at times) I still think him/Guthrie are the best we can do in the middle at the moment, especially away from SJP.

f*** off man :laugh:

Hope that was tongue-in-cheek. While I'd like to see Barton in for Butt when he's fit as I think that would be our best XI from a footballing perspective, I think both he and Enrique were very good in the second half. Jose in particular was fantastic.

Butt is still not good enough, he gives too much away or plays the ball backwards when he has it and chases shadows when he hasn't because he's got no pace.

Enrique did play well but some of his passing was poor and that's what lets him down.

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

What a fu*kin great Birthday Present for me !!

Delighted with the performance, wll done lads...

f*** off man :laugh:

Hope that was tongue-in-cheek. While I'd like to see Barton in for Butt when he's fit as I think that would be our best XI from a footballing perspective, I think both he and Enrique were very good in the second half. Jose in particular was fantastic.

Butt is still not good enough, he gives too much away or plays the ball backwards when he has it and chases shadows when he hasn't because he's got no pace.

Enrique did play well but some of his passing was poor and that's what lets him down.

Like Rich says he's the best we've got at the moment.

Ecstatic at the win, thats what happens when you don't go all defensive when you're 0-1 up. Hope martins injury isn't serious but at least we have viduka as backup I guess. Colo and Bass' excellent, beye solid, jonas solid, guthrie MotM I heard, quality  :thup:

No match of the day is there? will be on monday...

Well done lads!

Guest sittingontheball

So our best perfomances and results have come against Pompey, Chelsea, Man U, Villa and Man City.  Good job we've got Stoke, West Brom and Hull at home out of the way and can look forward to some points in the bag against Liverpool in a few games time.

Our record against top half is much better than our record against the bottom half. Three out of our four wins.

A great result and second half performance today. The Guthrie goal to go above Spurs the icing on the cake.

Time for some liquid celebrations lads.  Its been a long wait!

Very satisfying result, no-one played poorly today. I thought N'Zogbia was quite quiet early on but came into the game well.

I thought Enrique had a very good game, as did the rest of the back four (bar one uncharacteristic fuckup from Colo), and we deserved our win. I really hope we push on from here, though I'm not completely ready to shake the feeling that we're gonna be there or there abouts all season.

Oh... and the server has held up brilliantly as well!!

I just had SMF errors.

Anyway, great performance, chuffed for Guthrie for grabbing a well deserved first Premiership goal, thought he had an excellent game. Really hope Martins is okay though, we desperately need him, especially against his favourite opposition next week.

As long as Bassong and Zoggy stay in the team, we have every reason to be optimistic the rest of this season.

Taylor and Duff have been exposed and their time of playing first team football should be up.

Ecstatic at the win, thats what happens when you don't go all defensive when you're 0-1 up. Hope martins injury isn't serious but at least we have viduka as backup I guess. Colo and Bass' excellent, beye solid, jonas solid, guthrie MotM I heard, quality  :thup:

No match of the day is there? will be on monday...

Well done lads!

yeah.  10-10.50 (Top Gear being 9-10).