Portsmouth 0 - 3 Newcastle United - 14/12/08 - Post match jubilation from p20

Dave

So with no injury in midfield today JK pulls it off.

I will be the first to give him some credit as he got so much abuse when things went sour last week.

Well done sir. You seem to be at least learning from your mistakes. Well done.

Hope to fuck Martins is alright. Only negative on what has been an outstanding afternoon.

Great result... Mackems back in the bottom 3... back above Spurs... Owen and Martins both on scoresheet... clean-sheet for Given/defence yet again...

Amazing. I'm just going to enjoy this moment regardless of the situation the club is in. Everything is alright as long as we're winning games.

3 great goals.

So our best perfomances and results have come against Pompey, Chelsea, Man U, Villa and Man City.  Good job we've got Stoke, West Brom and Hull at home out of the way and can look forward to some points in the bag against Liverpool in a few games time.

Good first half. Feel we could do better if we were a bit more aggressive, we could put some real pressure on them if we pushed for it. Martins is looking lethal, he's done almost everything right so far.

That shot gave him confidence which is what he needs. Reckon he will score now (unless he gets subbed).

Half right  :coolsmiley:

Get rid of Butt and teach Enrique to pass and that's a canny starting 11.

Fuck off man :laugh:

Hope that was tongue-in-cheek. While I'd like to see Barton in for Butt when he's fit as I think that would be our best XI from a footballing perspective, I think both he and Enrique were very good in the second half. Jose in particular was fantastic.

EDIT: Basically I think the team is fine as it is, especially if we're just concerned with staying up - it's been managerial decisions/tactics/substitutions that have cost us recently more than personnel.

Get rid of Butt and teach Enrique to pass and that's a canny starting 11.

Fuck off man :laugh:

Hope that was tongue-in-cheek. While I'd like to see Barton in for Butt when he's fit as I think that would be our best XI from a footballing perspective, I think both he and Enrique were very good in the second half. Jose in particular was fantastic.

Enrique was marvellous in the 2nd half, absolutely brilliant. quite a change from the first half in which he did some good things and many bad.