West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have to wear my AC9 shirt to 5-a-side later today. Only football shirt I've got. The stick I'm going to get is going to be unbearable...

Get out your iron and peel the name and number off.

Is that doable without damaging the shirt? Would be great to be able to keep it. Will have a google. :thup:

I have to wear my AC9 shirt to 5-a-side later today. Only football shirt I've got. The stick I'm going to get is going to be unbearable...

wear shirt and tie, you would look/feel less of a tit

If a club like Newcastle United cannot hold onto its own home-grown talent regardless of the circumstances then there is really no hope for the future just as there was none during the days when the club sold the likes of Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza - as history proved.

Your future after selling Waddle and Gazza was pretty good though, wasn't it? For a while at least.

If you call relegation OK...we went down the season after selling Gazza..!!

We did OK after Waddle simply because we still had Beardsley and Gazza.

No, my point is that HTT said there was no hope for the future. A handful of years after Gazza left, you had your best team in my lifetime and nearly won the league. There may be pain in the short-term, but there is hope when you are a club with a high turnover.....as long as UEFA manage to knock out the Citys and Chelseas.

It was 5 years after Gazza left that KK got us promoted - it was another 2/3 years after that before we realistically challenged for the PL title...do you think that is a short space of time ? 8 years is only 2 short of the average Pl player's effective career span . In that time, clubs like Man U had won titles and other trophies...also in today's world, you need to be in the CL every year to get the big bucks in otherwise the other clubs that do just get wealthier and the gap bigger.

I don't think you are being realistic.

I am not saying it is a short space of time, just replying to the initial post that said there was no hope for the future then, when in fact a handful of years down the line you were the second best club in the country. With some better decision-making and a bit more luck that could have continued.

Of course there's hope, because (1) you're a big club (2) the financial regulations might just help out clubs with strong basic turnover, like yourselves. You're a step ahead of us because you have the ground capacity in place, we're a step ahead because we maintained our income from other means, and we've been building our squad for longer. As things stand, of course, we haven't got a hope in hell of breaking a top four of Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and City, but we shouldn't despair just yet.

Paddy Power - FourFourTwo's official betting partner - are riding to the rescue of any Liverpool or Newcastle fans left holding a jersey with the name ‘Torres’ or 'Carroll' on the back – by offering a £50 free bet to anyone who sends in their unwanted shirts.

The departures of both the Anfield and St James' Park stars have left thousands of Liverpool and Newcastle fans with a shirt that, in the words of Lord Sugar, they wouldn’t even clean their car with now that it bares the name of their fallen idol. But what to do with it?

Paddy Power’s offer will not only line your pocket but also see the shirt donated to Oxfam who will send the shirts to Africa, which may even help grow the club’s fan base across the continent.

Available for all official Liverpool or Newcastle shirts with the name Torres or Carroll printed on them, Paddy Power hopes the gesture will go some way to ease the pain of the strikers' departures as well as the cost of having to buy a new Liverpool or Newcastle jersey.

Liverpool Legend John Aldridge said: "Torres’ departure will have upset many fans but for those who shelled out for a Liverpool shirt with Torres’ name on it will now also be feeling a little poorer too. So it is great news Paddy Power has a silver lining to the Torres transfer heartache and offered anyone with a shirt a £50 free bet."

Paddy Power added: "We know the pain fans will have been through after their favourite players have left the club, so we wanted to give them something back. Whilst it can’t turn back the clock it can at least ease the wallet."

All you have to do is:

Send your shirt to Paddy Power Silver Lining, Unit 4, Capel Close, Fairwood Industrial Park, Leacon Road, Ashford, Kent, TN23 4GY.

Include a short note with your NAME, PHONE NUMBER and PADDY POWER USERNAME. (If you don’t have a Paddy Power account – open one at www.paddypower.com).

We’ll do the rest and let you know when your free bet has been credited to your account. All the shirts collected will be distributed to those who need them around the world.

Full details can be found at www.paddypower.com/silverlining

Terms and conditions:

Shirts must be received by March 1 2011

All shirts must be ADULT sizes with Carroll or Torres plus relevant number on the back

Please be careful to send us your EXACT Paddy Power username

Over 18s only

One shirt per household

The Free Bet Stake is not returned in winnings

Guest TheSummerOf69

Guess who's February on Liverpool's official calendar as well btw? :lol:

So Chelsea fans can get a cheap Liverpool calendar in the sales for February; Liverpool fans get do likewise with our calendar for Feb. What do we do? Look in some old bins for a Middlesborough 2008 one?

Guest firetotheworks

According to my mate, who's ITK, when Carroll was asked to submit a transfer request, he looked at his own hand and said 'IT THIS EXISTENCE?'  :lol:

Nah fuck him. I wish the Judas cunt nothing but ill from now on.

I'm with this. Sheer blind unflinching bitter hatred is what's needed.

:thup:

so, you've changed your mind now, Wullie?

How have I changed my mind?