West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What so lose a better forward and lose money? This is insane.

We can't stop Ba from leaving for £7m and he'd need replacing.

I don't know if this is the case. Surely if Ba really was available for £7m we would already have had hundreds of bids.

Tend to agree. 

Don't really want Carroll back here, on loan or otherwise.  Don't want that style of player or for us to play in a way that suits him.

Would rather we forked out money on a wide forward type, that is capable of playing across the front 3.  Ba and Cisse will hopefully get more rotation as a central striker this season.  Not sure how someone like Carroll fits into all that.

Would take him as back up, but that's exactly what his role will be at Liverpool, so what's the point?

I don't know if this is the case. Surely if Ba really was available for £7m we would already have had hundreds of bids.

As if it's that simple. We all know about his knee, drop in form, wage demands, which clubs can get him; £7m is just the start of it.

Realistically there are only a handful of clubs that can trigger the clause and most of them have better strikers on the books.

It's all if buts and maybes, but if a club trigger the clause and he's leaving brining Carroll back for around £10m is a good option IMO. Cisse is irreplaceable, Ba isn't.

I'd be horrified if we spent anything close to £15 million for him. That's just about our record fee again. We could get 3 players for that.

I really hope we don't get dragged into buying him upfront but I've got a horrible feeling we will.

As if it's that simple. We all know about his knee, drop in form, wage demands, which clubs can get him; £7m is just the start of it.

Realistically there are only a handful of clubs that can trigger the clause and most of them have better strikers on the books.

It's all if buts and maybes, but if a club trigger the clause and he's leaving brining Carroll back for around £10m is a good option IMO. Cisse is irreplaceable, Ba isn't.

So you're arguing that it's unlikely someone will activate Ba's clause?

I would just hate to see Carroll come in and Ba go out, it would be terrible for our squad IMO.

Guest neesy111

The club must be concerned if Ba's knee decides to go AWOL next season to be thinking about such a deal like this.

Having thought about it I would welcome him back tbh - always love seeing a local lad playing up top and you have to admit he offers something different to all our other forwards, especially if he can get back to the form he was in before he left, and there's no reason to suspect that wouldn't happen. I trust Pardew and Carver to keep a handle on the off-field stuff.

Think up to 15 million would be our limit, which still represents a profit of 20 million in 18 months which provides sufficient hilarity at Liverpool's expense IMO. If he was to take a pay cut (even if achieved with some creative restructuring) it would go a long way to getting the fans straight back on side.

Just imagine him scoring the winner for us at Anfield....  :lol:

Edit: Should've mentioned, if it was a straight choice between Carroll and Ba I would rather keep Demba.

So you're arguing that it's unlikely someone will activate Ba's clause?

I would just hate to see Carroll come in and Ba go out, it would be terrible for our squad IMO.

No, I'm telling you why there won't be hundreds of bids, but like sperm, it only takes one.

The club must be concerned if Ba's knee decides to go AWOL next season to be thinking about such a deal like this.

Not really, we only have 3 strikers and 2 of them might be f*cking off for a month in January. We need a striker, i just dont think it should be Carroll especially for the money mooted.

With that money we could sign 2 or 3 quality players in various positions. I liked it at first, but unless we are ripping off Liverpool to extreme levels then i'd rather us look elsewhere.

Can see Liverpool trying to renegotiate a Ba swap after the medicals if it went down that route. Like what happened with Marveaux.

Therefore steer clear of a swap deal, they still have the choice of stumping up the release clause If they want to.

Probably has been said a number of times in this thread but our style of play has changed significantly since Carroll left. It's no longer Barton pumping it long to Carroll for him to flick it down and Nolan to toe-punt it in. Just not sure if he'd be able to fit in to our team without it being detrimental to our performances.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

No worries about style of play or squad harmony?

He'd be worth it. We'd be instantly more dangerous from set pieces. Besides, we could retrain him as a centerback to cover colo.

IF we do spend anywhere near £15m on him then it's pretty clear that the manager and staff believe he's an excellent forward who is just going through a bad patch at a club that doesn't suit him, as opposed to a shit striker who had a lucky 6 month.

90% of us were pissed off that we sold him for £35m man, if we get THAT player back then he's worth it and some.

Guest StellaExpress

Can anyone else see a Carroll / Ba tradeoff being negotiated.

I think NUFC are behind the scenes quite annoyed that his agents have been touting him all over the globe