West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What about his performances? He was s**** against Sweden apart from the very good header. He had a good game against Chelsea reserves in the league I remember. I don't think a few goals and 1 or 2 good performances at the end of the season are much to go on at all, regardless of the importance of them. Certainly wouldn't justify spending £10-15 million.

What are we discussing now? What about what performances? I would think that the people at the club are judging the performances he made for us, what they saw in training every single day, when they are justifying spending any money. That'll do me.

Would I be happy to have see the AC we sold to Liverpool back at NUFC in our squad? Absolutely.

Well I don't trust every decision we make blindly. I thought Obertan was shite based on what I saw of him before he came and wasn't happy when we bought him.

How much has Pardew/Carver/etc actually seen of Carroll in training? He only played 3 games for Pardew then got injured. I don't buy the fact they can be convinced he will be a success when bringing him back. I personally think the money being suggested to bring him back could be far better spent elsewhere and I am puzzled as to where Carroll will fit in with our players and the direction we go with him. Even if we can get him back to form by playing him regularly it could easily be to the detriment of our other players.

I think it's a very big risk at best.

I see this bid as nothing more than a cheeky punt by Mike/Dekkers....an opportunistic bid to see if they can get a bargain. I don't see them getting into a bidding war as I don't think they are that bothered if they sign him or not.

They will simply walk away and go back to their real targets.

What about his performances? He was s**** against Sweden apart from the very good header. He had a good game against Chelsea reserves in the league I remember. I don't think a few goals and 1 or 2 good performances at the end of the season are much to go on at all, regardless of the importance of them. Certainly wouldn't justify spending £10-15 million.

What are we discussing now? What about what performances? I would think that the people at the club are judging the performances he made for us, what they saw in training every single day, when they are justifying spending any money. That'll do me.

Would I be happy to have see the AC we sold to Liverpool back at NUFC in our squad? Absolutely.

spot on, if the club put in a £10+m bid then there are reasons for it.

Liverpool preparing a £5m bid for Dempsey (who rejected newest offer from Fulham) if they can get rid of Carroll. (Goal)

Would rather us pay Fulham the 5 million for Dempsey tbh (obviously).

-------------------------------- Cisse --------------------------------

--- Ba -------------------------------------------------------- HBA --

--------------------- Carroll -----------------------------------------

----------------------------------- HBA ------------------------------

*trying not to gusta*

After thinking about it I'd be supportive of signing him on loan with an option to buy somewhere in the 15m region.

He was never going to be worth 35m but there's definitely a very good player in there somewhere. If he comes back and looks like the player we had for six months before he moved then 15m would be a tremendously good deal.

I think Pardew would be great for him. A big reason he struggled at Liverpool was Dalglish in my opinion, Carroll's a confidence player and you just didn't get the sense that he or any of the Liverpool players were ever happy playing under that dour looking cunt. We seem to have a great dressing room and a manager that our players enjoy playing under, I'd be confident that if Carroll came back with the right attitude then we'd see a much better player than the one Liverpool had.

Also think it's rubbish to suggest that Ba and Cisse are much better players and that Carroll would be clear third choice if he was signed. When he was here he was an absolute beast of a striker. He physically dominated defenders in a way that I've seen very few players do. He was a beast in the air and much, much better on the deck than a lot of people seem to be giving him credit for. Rarely did anything spectacular but he had a good first touch and could strike the ball cleanly. Ba and Cisse are quality players, but I think Carroll can be too.

Honestly would prefer to bring in a striker/winger type but from with the bids for De Jong and now Carroll it seems like Pardew wants more of a traditional centre forward. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, he earned it last year.

I'd be much more uncomfortable with this if we bought him outright btw. I'd want to see how he beds in for a year first before committing to having him back. Not only on the field, but in the dressing room. He's always been a bit of a "personality", I'd want to see how he gets on with the rest of the squad for a season before deciding if he's worth having back for good.

Liverpool preparing a £5m bid for Dempsey (who rejected newest offer from Fulham) if they can get rid of Carroll. (Goal)

How old is Dempsey?

Practically in a wheelchair.

-------------------------------- Cisse --------------------------------

--- Ba -------------------------------------------------------- HBA --

--------------------- Carroll -----------------------------------------

----------------------------------- HBA ------------------------------

*trying not to gusta*

HBA x2 :sweetjesus:

How old is Dempsey?

I'd rather take a punt on Bellamy than Carroll or Dempsey. Is he definitely going to be at Liverpool next year do we think?

Well I don't trust every decision we make blindly. I thought Obertan was s**** based on what I saw of him before he came and wasn't happy when we bought him.

How much has Pardew/Carver/etc actually seen of Carroll in training? He only played 3 games for Pardew then got injured. I don't buy the fact they can be convinced he will be a success when bringing him back. I personally think the money being suggested to bring him back could be far better spent elsewhere and I am puzzled as to where Carroll will fit in with our players and the direction we go with him. Even if we can get him back to form by playing him regularly it could easily be to the detriment of our other players.

I think it's a very big risk at best.

When did Obertan ever train with us? Go through our youth sytem with our current assistant manager as his youth team manager etc?

Them goalposts you're moving all over the shop must be heavy.

You're waffling, the money could be used elsewhere better, you're right, but as stated time and time again by many people, there is nothing at all to suggest it's this deal and nothing else. Pardew himself has said there is enough money to do 3 deals without losing anyone. Is AC just our contingency for De Jong? Who cares?

By the by, since the loan/option-to-by bid has been rejected - is there actually any point discussing a loan any more? I would imagine the loan part of that offer would have been the sticking point for Lolerpool, because if Rodgers wants rid of him i can see them cutting their losses for any double-figure fee.

Loaning him first would probably dilute the risk factor sufficiently for me to entertain the idea. But if that isn't happening, i really hope we move onto other targets. We could get any striker for £10-15m.