West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

In my first season in the Championship I scored 24 goals, promoting my side to the Premiership. In my first season in the Premiership I had 15 goals by February, scoring against the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal, leading to an international call up for an England friendly. Am I a £35mil striker? No, I'm Michael Ricketts.

Not saying Carroll will turn out the same way, because I don't think he will, but you can hardly blame Ashley for accepting the bid, especially looking at how things could turn out.

:lol:

Wow. Forgot all about him.

I've given this place a swerve over the last few days and haven't kept upto date with what's already been said so apologies if this has been mentioned.

Did anyone see the Pardew interview on Late Kick Off a few weeks ago when he was asked about the speculation of players leaving the club in Jan ? He immediately said no one will be leaving unless they want to go and hand in a transfer request.

At the time it seemed to me like a strange thing to say, an almost planned answer and not the 1st thing that would spring to mind when asked what he was asked.

Also Dalglish is doing my head in the hypocritical c***!!! How the f*** can he sit there and slate Torres about the timing of his transfer request, handed in with 3 days left before the transfer window closed, when he bid and unsettled Carroll with only hours left to go ??

I would ignore Shepherd's comments tbh.

He just waits until Ashley fucks up and then he comes into the papers and says "I wouldn't have done that!". Just wants everyone to go "Oh Freddy, we love you. You're so amazing"

I would ignore Shepherd's comments tbh.

He just waits until Ashley fucks up and then he comes into the papers and says "I wouldn't have done that!". Just wants everyone to go "Oh Freddy, we love you. You're so amazing"

Not really, because Shepherd actually came out and said he would've done the same as Ashley regarding Hughton, even when the decision was being panned by all. I believe him on that matter and this one too.

Carroll has come in for criticism for leaving his hometown club but he insists he is now fully focused on becoming a success at Anfield.

"I’ve got massive respect for Newcastle," he added. "It’s my team, it’s my home club, so I’m not going to talk about what happened at Newcastle other than my friends and family are still there and Newcastle means a lot to me but I’m a Liverpool player now and that’s all I need to concentrate on.

"It was last minute but the transfer hasn’t got anything to do with me. I’m here now and am just going to play my football at Liverpool. I’m really happy."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/4992/0/i-can-cope-huge-price-tag-says-liverpool-new-boy-carroll

Probably been mentioned before but I can't be arsed to check. Thought it was funny reading Nolan's piece in the Ronny Gill : http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news//tm_headline=nolan-it-s-time-to-move-on-from-andy-carroll%26method=full%26objectid=28107903%26siteid=72703-name_page.html Where he tells us we have to move on from Andy Carroll, only a day after he's been on LFC tv talking about how delighted he was Carroll's now a Liverpool player. And once again he points out how delighted everyone is that Carroll got his move.

Not really very happy with Nolan's actions here tbh.

Probably been mentioned before but I can't be arsed to check. Thought it was funny reading Nolan's piece in the Ronny Gill : http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news//tm_headline=nolan-it-s-time-to-move-on-from-andy-carroll%26method=full%26objectid=28107903%26siteid=72703-name_page.html Where he tells us we have to move on from Andy Carroll, only a day after he's been on LFC tv talking about how delighted he was Carroll's now a Liverpool player. And once again he points out how delighted everyone is that Carroll got his move.

He has to rally his troops.... His comments of saying regardless he is out for 8 weeks should ring the bell for anyone. Even if we had him he will be unavailable until April.

He has to rally his troops.... His comments of saying regardless he is out for 8 weeks should ring the bell for anyone. Even if we had him he will be unavailable until April.

It's still changed everyone's mindset though and that's a huge difference.

It will eventually..... Yesterday performance were directly related to Carroll's departure. please lets be United and lets get through this season. Once we are safe we can start complaining and do a Mubarek on Ashley.....

It will eventually..... Yesterday performance were directly related to Carroll's departure. please lets be United and lets get through this season. Once we are safe we can start complaining and do a Mubarek on Ashley.....

Change your avatar ffs.

Guest neesy111

Carroll says he is going to put his off-field antics behind him because of the transfer fee involved.  Yeah right..........

Carroll says he is going to put his off-field antics behind him because of the transfer fee involved.  Yeah right..........

obviously playing for Newcastle wasn't considered serious enough for him to behave in a professional manner when he was here then. Good to know.