West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He'll not stay shit for long, but I'm glad he hasn't hit the ground running. Saw him get knocked off the ball a few times from players half his size tonight, pretty embarrassing for a big man. Not sure if he's mentally protecting himself from injury, but he's not as committed to their cause as we've seen of him in a black & white shirt. Pretty poor start, even missed a few sitters which he should have put away with his eyes closed. Effectively, his poor finishing put them out of Europe, it would have made the difference and for £35m, you are expected to make that difference.

He'll get better, but there's more chance of him ending up in jail or get a serious injury as there is for him to fulfil £35m worth of potential. Saying that, still wish he was here.

No European Competition for Liverpool in the next season is a massive, massive hit on their financial status.  Of course I know they got a wealthy chairman but they do have a chance to be banned from further Euro Compeition under the new financial fairness rule.

Guest toonarmymia

Anyone have a link to a thread on a Liverpool forum about Carroll? I just want to see what the murderers think of him so far.

Here's a few

What I don't understand is we spent 25 million on Suarez, every inch the Liverpool player, a bundle of energy with electric feet. Then we go and spend £35 million on Carroll, the very antithesis of Suarez, a big, lumbering striker who depends on long ball and crosses into the box. Exactly what kind of team is Kenny trying to build, its most confusing.

Carroll - Lumbering. Limited. Missed a few headers was about all. Also (though not his fault) tempted the entire team to hoof s*** balls straight at him. Because he cost £35m some people will clearly believe he has got hidden depths. I'm beginning to suspect if we had paid £3.5m a lot of people would be a lot less charitable than they have been.

Seriously, did it really matter about another striker until the summer? We was going nowhere anyway, I would much rather of waited until the season finished and used to £50m plus what ever the owners was giving.

We could of got anyone for that, bar Messi, Ronaldo etc.

Carroll did ok tonight; but whats the point in buying the best header of the ball in the world if you don't have anyone who can ******* service him?

and not Carroll related, but it chuckled me:

Will seriously miss Europe next season, but thank goodness we are Liverpool Football Club, and that we can attract players without having CL to offer

:lol:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=272422.0

this is a disaster. The worst thing that could have come of buying Carroll is happening.

Honeymoon period over it seems.

also a lot of discussion of bring Rafa back... Didnt take Kenny long

Watching Carroll last night made me think that we have seriously got the best end of the deal. He's dangerous all right but he does limit the way a top team can play.

Once fans start blaming 'the service' you know there's a real problem.

Liverpool are already having the same problem we have had with Carroll in the team, and that is everyone is tempted to hoof the ball long and look for knockdowns. The Dalglish destruction of Liverpool's passing game has begun.

They should be looking to cross from wide areas or get free kicks and corners in dangerous areas instead of hoofing the ball direct from defence. Sadly Liverpool will be fine when they realise how to utilise him. I just hope it's nowhere soon.

They should be looking to cross from wide areas or get free kicks and corners in dangerous areas instead of hoofing the ball direct from defence. Sadly Liverpool will be fine when they realise how to utilise him. I just hope it's nowhere soon.

They had the same problem with Morientes.  Lpool didn't understand how dependent he was on solid wing play. . So let's all hope they continue to display the same ignorance when it comes to  Carroll.

Liverpool are already having the same problem we have had with Carroll in the team, and that is everyone is tempted to hoof the ball long and look for knockdowns. The Dalglish destruction of Liverpool's passing game has begun.

which carroll isn't very good at. he wins everything in the air but unless he's in the box he has little idea where he's putting it. will liverpool learn that outside the box he's better with the ball on the deck than many realise ?

which carroll isn't very good at. he wins everything in the air but unless he's in the box he has little idea where he's putting it. will liverpool learn that outside the box he's better with the ball on the deck than many realise ?

Any manager has a difficult job to stop players launching the ball forward when there's a player like Carroll in the team. It's an easy get-out ball for defenders and midfielders who can't decide what to do.

Carroll is a very good option if the opposition are being ultra-defensive and just packing their own last third, or if your team is chasing the game in the closing minutes and you end up in that similar attack v defence situation. When it’s difficult to play through a defence, Carroll gives you the option of going over the top of it.

When Barca were trying unsuccessfully to break Inter Milan down last season, they could have done with the Carroll option for the last 15 minutes. Obviously that’s nothing to do with how his overall quality compares with his team mates, it’s a matter of the right man for the situation.

At a top club, Carroll could well end up as an impact sub, or as a second choice starter.

Basically this :thup: Would be very satisfying to see Liverpool totally misuse the lad. He's not a target man so much as an extremely strong and tall forward.