West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

West Ham it is then.

That's a very good shout actually.

Can't see them affording his wages. Is that not the reason they didn't get Joe Cole back on loan?

Don't know mate. If they're going to sign Maiga for £4.5m (as reported), I'd not be entirely surprised to see them can that and divert the funds Carrolls way.

You have to think that Fat Sam is all about results, survival and hideous direct football. Carroll's signing would compliment that perfectly imho.

Do they expect them to be sitting in a dark room flagellating themselves?

Clearly they are!

Witness the regular cry of "overpaid" - ignoring the fact that the players don't get paid to play for England (and is probably WHY they don't perform for their country)

I think they do get paid for playing for England, but not a significant amount. It was reported they'd donated it to charity the last World Cup. The real money they earn for England is all the advertisements and endorsements they get.

On the Carroll subject, they probably think he's the new Christian Vieri. :lol:

They do get paid for playing for England. It happened a while ago and I may be wrong, but I remember there was talk of them striking if they didn't get paid.

When they started to get paid was when the pride of playing for your country largely disappeared and was replaced with the apathy that is there now.

Well, there you go!

Maybe they should be sitting in a dark room flagellating themselves, then...

56 games for Liverpool in 18 months...11 goals.

6 in the league

5 in the Domestic Cup's. (How many of those were against lower league teams)

No way he's worth anything near £10million.

Would people seriously want him back?

Would only have him back if he was on similar wages to before and knew he was 3rd choice, so yeah I guess I wouldn't have him back as they wouldn't be the circumstances.  Wouldn't want a loan either for reasons already stated.  I'd be interested to see how he did in Italy, doesn't seem like a great fit to me but who knows.

Would only have the greedy cunt back if he was forced into knocking on every single season ticket holder's door to grovel for forgiveness for fucking off as soon as a bit of money was flashed in front of him. Oh that and for being a diving pikey troglodyte.

Guest neesy111

surprised rogers wont give him a chance - he's better than danny graham

Based on last season he isn't.

surprised rogers wont give him a chance - he's better than danny graham

Disagree, especially for the system Rodgers likes to employ. In any case i'm pretty sure if Danny Graham was at Liverpool, then Rodgers would still look for an improvement on him :lol:

6 in the league

Some players just don't suit specific clubs - exactly like Pienaar at Spurs. 

Even if he isn't a starter, would be ten times more useful than Shola. 

6 in the league

Even if he isn't a starter, would be ten times more useful than Shola.

1. He would'nt accept a "Shola" role.

2. Shola has been fantastic in the last season in that role.

3. He comes with too baggage outside of anything football related.

4. Wages would be too high.

5. You dont bad mouth Shola  :knuppel2:

Guest Archie

Brendan Rodgers is making his first big mistake by getting rid of Carroll, through a loan or otherwise.

When on song he is a right nightmare for defenders to deal with.

Brendan Rodgers is making his first big mistake by getting rid of Carroll, through a loan or otherwise.

When on song he is a right nightmare for defenders to deal with.

This. Perfect chance to give Carroll the motivation he needs to get back to where he was with us, all Rodgers had to do was back him. Very poor move imo, but he obviously doesnt think he can handle him. Complete tosh about him not fitting into a 4-3-3 he should be the center piece.

I'd take him back on loan but it would hardly help him, he wont be a starter for us at the moment. Outside bet of a sensational loan to Norwich? Can see him at Fulham or QPR first.. mackems?  :laugh2: