Xisco joins Deportivo on loan until the end of the season

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest toonlass

He'll only miss 1 maybe 2 games , Just thank god its not a metatarsal.

Reckon he'll be out for 3 weeks, so he might just miss the Everton game if he heals quickly. Possibly the Bolton game too.

Just what he needed when he was finally starting to get a look in at first team level. Shame for the lad.

Of course, when he doesn't play for us again this season, people will forget this, and will go on about the useless lazy Spanish twat Prisco or summat, and how he's Luque mkII, or Marcelino v7.0

Guest toonlass

Just what he needed when he was finally starting to get a look in at first team level. Shame for the lad.

Of course, when he doesn't play for us again this season, people will forget this, and will go on about the useless lazy Spanish twat Prisco or summat, and how he's Luque mkII, or Marcelino v7.0

Ooooh a bit harsh, can you not remember Marcelino's near career ending broken finger? Its not a laughing matter you know*

* :laugh:

With JFK laid up for immediate future it will be interesting to see if Calderwood/ Hughton/ whoever gives him more on field time (when he regains fitness).

Of course, when he doesn't play for us again this season, people will forget this, and will go on about the useless lazy Spanish t*** Prisco or summat, and how he's Luque mkII, or Marcelino v7.0

if it's a dodgy big toe it's gotta be lineker v1.1 lol

He's out for three weeks - and JFK won't be back for 2-and-a-half months minimum. Hughton will blatantly give him some pitch time when he regains fitness.

Lets hope so, for the lads sake but there's no way you can say it will blatantly happen, especially with more established members of the squad back like Oba, Viduka and Smith. By the time Xisco gets back fit, he'll also have a fit Owen and Carrol to contend with as well.

Newcastle striker Xisco, who is frustrated by his lack of Premier League action, has confirmed that he will not be plying his trade for four weeks.

He said: “I have broken my big toe and I’m out for four weeks. My injury is a blow because the manager started to count on me.

“Everybody told me this change [of leagues] would be beneficial to me, but, as I almost never play, I haven’t been able to find out.

“But I have experienced worse situations. No pain, no gain. I believe I will succeed in England. Besides, you learn a lot from such a situation.”

Newcastle striker Xisco, who is frustrated by his lack of Premier League action, has confirmed that he will not be plying his trade for four weeks.

He said: “I have broken my big toe and I’m out for four weeks. My injury is a blow because the manager started to count on me.

“Everybody told me this change [of leagues] would be beneficial to me, but, as I almost never play, I haven’t been able to find out.

“But I have experienced worse situations. No pain, no gain. I believe I will succeed in England. Besides, you learn a lot from such a situation.”

:aww:

good on the lad, keep working hard and he will get there.

A lot of players in this squad (Xisco, Lovenkrands, Harper, Enrique, Beye) seem to have excellent attitudes. :thup:

To be fair. Xisco has something to prove, as do Lovenkrands and Enrique. Harper will obviously want to make the most of his opportunity. So you wouldn't expect anything less. Insomnia for one obviously thought he didn't have much to prove, when he really does, so I'm thankful we're rid of him and his attitude (I can appreciate we're not the most attractive club for a young player to be at right now, but he went the wrong way about it).

Beye is just a swell guy. 

A lot of players in this squad (Xisco, Lovenkrands, Harper, Enrique, Beye) seem to have excellent attitudes. :thup:

To be fair. Xisco has something to prove, as do Lovenkrands and Enrique. Harper will obviously want to make the most of his opportunity. So you wouldn't expect anything less. Insomnia for one obviously thought he didn't have much to prove, when he really does, so I'm thankful we're rid of him and his attitude (I can appreciate we're not the most attractive club for a young player to be at right now, but he went the wrong way about it).

But for Xisco, and to an extent Enrique, you'd think they'd be mightily pissed off with their lack of playing time. N'Zogbia moaned about his lack of playing time, even though he spent about four games on the bench when fit all season. Xisco has made about 3 starts and the same amount of late sub appearances, and he hasn't whined a bit.

Superior attitude.

But for Xisco, and to an extent Enrique, you'd think they'd be mightily pissed off with their lack of playing time. N'Zogbia moaned about his lack of playing time, even though he spent about four games on the bench when fit all season. Xisco has made about 3 starts and the same amount of late sub appearances, and he hasn't whined a bit.

Superior attitude.

Of course it is a superior attitude, I pretty much said that. I'm just complimenting them on having such attitudes, and also saying why it's important that they do. Whatever their disappointments, having a positive attitude will naturally usually yield positive results.

I don't know what they're like the in the privacy of their own homes, but if Xisco and Jose portray a good attitude in public and on the training ground, then good on them. It can only help.

Guest toonlass

Great attitude by Xisco. He could have been highly pissed off at the fact that he has seen as little action as he has, but he is still happy to work hard, and see what happens. Well done the Xisco kid.

• 3 weeks later...

Xisco wants Magpies chance

Newcastle striker Xisco has pleaded with the club's coaching staff to be a given a chance to help fire the side to safety.

The 22-year-old has struggled to make an impact at St James' Park since his big money arrival from Deportivo La Coruna last summer.

Xisco has seen his time on Tyneside blighted by a series of injuries and he has made three starts to date this season.

The Spaniard is now hoping caretaker boss Chris Hughton will give him a run in the side to prove his worth.

"At this moment, the manager has not given me any chances to play, and I have to respect that and keeping working. I have to wait for an opportunity," Xisco told the Newcastle Evening Chronicle.

"I want to play every game, but it is true every player wants to play in the big games against big teams.

"I am not thinking about these games - I am just thinking about recuperating my toe. I want it to get better as soon as possible.

"It is not my decision. I work and train every day for every chance.

Choice

"Then the manager has the choice.

"I work hard in training every day to earn some chances, but it is the decision of the manager."

"I have not played too much, and I am still desperate to show my best football.

"It is not easy when you are not playing, but it is OK. I have to work more, and then wait for one chance."

“From the first week here I have felt comfortable with this football, and I hope we will get better in the following weeks, months and years.

“You have to feel fit to feel good, and I have been injured.

“I have not been 100 per cent, and there has been no continuity.

“It is no good for me, and nobody wants to be injured.

“I am happy with the people, the city, the supporters and the team – everything here. It is OK.

“My life is fantastic – I do not have any problems. I just want to play football for Newcastle.”