Xisco joins Deportivo on loan until the end of the season

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Would be great if Houghton brought him on for the last 5 minutes this afternoon, and claimed ignorance if he was questioned by the gestapo of our upper management about it.

mackems.gif

Was thinking exactly this when he came on - I could just imagine Ashley storming into the triumphant changerooms after the game to tear strips off Hughton...

Can't believe anyone is buying this "we got to pay them 2.7m after a number of games" crap.

Its like when people said Alan  Smith has a clause in his contract in his clause that says he's must play when he's fit.

Happens all the time (people believing these rumours).

Can't believe anyone is buying this "we got to pay them 2.7m after a number of games" crap.

Its like when people said Alan  Smith has a clause in his contract in his clause that says he's must play when he's fit.

We believe what suits us.

Only if its a negative these days :D

Only if its a negative these days :D

Of course.

Guest diddimz

Yeh but with Smith, that was the only possible explanation, that or the manager had no clue.

I dont think Xisco has shown anything in his time at Newcastle (and granted his performances have been few) to suggest he would do better than what Ameobi has done this year.

I can't abide all this "surely he must be better" nonsense.

I dont think Xisco has shown anything in his time at Newcastle (and granted his performances have been few) to suggest he would do better than what Ameobi has done this year.

If you're going to spend money on someone you may aswell give them a chance before deciding they're shit.

Guest firetotheworks

So youre saying that you've seen nothing in the 3 matches at most games he's played for us to suggest he's better than 50 goals in 9 seasons Shola Ameobi? You're right, neither have I. Isn't that the whole point? That he isn't getting a fair crack at trying to prove he can be?

50 goals in 9 seasons isn't exactly hard to beat if he's given a fair chance.

So youre saying that you've seen nothing in the 3 matches at most games he's played for us to suggest he's better than 50 goals in 9 seasons Shola Ameobi? You're right, neither have I. Isn't that the whole point? That he isn't getting a fair crack at trying to prove he can be?

50 goals in 9 seasons isn't exactly hard to beat if he's given a fair chance.

No i dont think he's been given a fair chance.

My point was that its daft to say "he would have to be better than Ameobi" because we've seen no evidence to suggest that, so why say it. It's a baseless arguement.

You'd think a £6 million price tag would be a reasonable base for the argument, and his record prior to signing for us. I know that doesn't always work that way with the player coming into a new league but its still a base of some kind.

I dont think the price tag can be used to suggest how good a player might be.

Just look at Luque for a painful example. What was he £9million? Where is he now?

Just look at Luque for a painful example. What was he £9million? Where is he now?

Which is exactly why I said that I know it doesn't always work that way.

Luque was a painful example indeed, basically because i saw the whole reserves team start ahead of him, even saw Shola Ameobi play as a left winger for 5 or so games, that was one the most painfull things i've ever had the misfortune of seeing!

Didn't Luque score twice for the reserves against a very strong Liverpool side and was still left out afterwards?

Guest firetotheworks

Trying to stay away from the whole Luque thing because there were stories of Luque being lazy in training, plus he had a big injury and did have some shit performances. I personally think he should have played at times, most notably ahead of Shola on the left wing and Matty Pattison.

Xisco hasn't even been able to prove to the people that will be on his back straight away that hes not good enough. Thats how little time he's had.

Luque was a painful example indeed, basically because i saw the whole reserves team start ahead of him, even saw Shola Ameobi play as a left winger for 5 or so games, that was one the most painfull things i've ever had the misfortune of seeing!

Didn't Luque score twice for the reserves against a very strong Liverpool side and was still left out afterwards?

2 crackin 30+ yarders too

2 crackin 30+ yarders too

Remember those, it didn't make a difference. Roeder clearly just didn't fancy him.