Xisco joins Deportivo on loan until the end of the season

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Im not saying he isn't decent, but you surely have to see the similarities. Luque scored some belters for the reserves.

Fwiw, I liked Luque and still think if he'd gone to somewhere like Liverpool he'd be flying here.

Just watched his post-match interview from the reserve match...

Think its plain to see that he has no problem playing at the reserve level or coming on for a few minutes - hes used to that in Spain from playing at lower levels and not complaining. I recall an interview where he said the same, he just wants to play, and will do waht it takes to play.

Liked what I saw from the highlights of the reserve match, he seems to be gianing more confidence and that was evident with the way he was moving the ball around with his feet, versus how hesitant he was when watching him play earlier in teh season.  His goals were taken superbly, I hope he gets a chance to play for the first team soon.

Cracking attitude from the interview, if you ask me.

Just watched his post-match interview from the reserve match...

Think its plain to see that he has no problem playing at the reserve level or coming on for a few minutes - hes used to that in Spain from playing at lower levels and not complaining. I recall an interview where he said the same, he just wants to play, and will do waht it takes to play.

Liked what I saw from the highlights of the reserve match, he seems to be gianing more confidence and that was evident with the way he was moving the ball around with his feet, versus how hesitant he was when watching him play earlier in teh season.  His goals were taken superbly, I hope he gets a chance to play for the first team soon.

Cracking attitude from the interview, if you ask me.

Yup, a good watch, and his english while a little confused, seemed remarkably good tbf.

Looks promising in those highlights, that first touch for his second goal is lush. Involved in four of the five goals too. Had a little chuckle at his front post run for Nile's goal - exactly what Kinnear was moaning about but I'd love to know when Shola last made a run to the near post like that.

Guest Heneage

Its good to see he's building confidence up, I haven't seen the highlights or the interview, but from what you guys have said it appears he's on the up. Be nice if he could get some decent match time, as I still think he can prove his detractors wrong.

I am just amazed that the guy just get completley ignored. Fair play to him for not spitting a dummy out. Good luck to him, would like to see him get a chance before Alan Smith upfront. Maybe with JFK out of the way, Houghton and Calderwood may give him a run???

Its good to see he's building confidence up, I haven't seen the highlights or the interview, but from what you guys have said it appears he's on the up. Be nice if he could get some decent match time, as I still think he can prove his detractors wrong.

I agree.  Something about that interview really showed to me that he just wants to get on with it, play football and work himself up to the first team. His goals showed excellent technique, he looked fairly quick as well.

Seriously, someone needs to go to the next game with a big sign saying "OI JOE, GIVE XISCO HALF A FUCKING CHANCE!!". He's scoring in the reserves, he scored when he played his small amount he has for the 1st team, what more does he need to do?

Seriously, someone needs to go to the next game with a big sign saying "OI JOE, GIVE XISCO HALF A FUCKING CHANCE!!". He's scoring in the reserves, he scored when he played his small amount he has for the 1st team, what more does he need to do?

Persuade Joe that he's from Wallsend?

Guest toonlass

Persuade Joe that he's from Wallsend?

Shouldn't be too hard. Damien Duff has managed to. And Nicky Butt.

which Tosspiece said Xisco had refused to play reserve games?

You know a combination of a poor pre season and getting injured probably meant he has never been match fit thus weve never seen the best of him............... yet.

I'm quite curious as to why you've quoted my post there mate

Think people are going slightly overboard here, were any you actually there watching him??  He was up against Wigans equivalent of Edgar & Tozer although they weren't as good as them 2,  he took his 2 goals well and improved significantly as the game went on, in saying that he was dreadful in the first 20 mins!!  Anyone who thinks we would be better off if he was to transfer his performance last night against a wigan reserve/youth team and be able to perform in the premiership is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Yes he showed the odd flash and a bit of potential but if i was manager i would be throwing in Shola and Carrol before Xisco. 

Anyway according to the man himself he's broke his toe so he won't be featuring for a few weeks anyway!!