Roberto Martinez

Mr. Snrub

Been given permission to speak to Wigan.

Even though we've got Shearer, there's a part of me disappointed he won't be our next manager.

Yeah he does like his team play great passing flowing football, his style reminds of the Keegan go and get em style.

Been given permission to speak to Wigan.

Even though we've got Shearer, there's a part of me disappointed he won't be our next manager.

same here.......we aint got Shearer yet and it would have been nice to have some other backup options like Martinez (other than him, can't think of anyone else I'd rather have in charge tbh)

I'm relatively convinced Shearer is just waiting for the green light to start making moves. He's clearly stated he wants to stay and he'll have already been putting the feelers out regardless of his contract being outstanding. Probably already spoken to a number of players (or their agents/managers) both at NUFC and other clubs.

I don't trust a word Ashley says but I do believe Shearer when he says he wants to stay on. He's not a stupid bloke, and will realise the wheels need to be in motion already.

Better than Shearer on the pitch, off it won't have the same impact and therefore not what we need right now.

Feel we need Shearer to do all the dirty work, i just hope at the end of the restructure he's got enough in him to be a quality manager.

Good luck to Martinez, means we've one less rival for play offs next season as well, Swansea without Martinez will be average again.

Better than Shearer on the pitch, off it won't have the same impact and therefore not what we need right now.

Feel we need Shearer to do all the dirty work, i just hope at the end of the restructure he's got enough in him to be a quality manager.

Good luck to Martinez, means we've one less rival for play offs next season as well, Swansea without Martinez will be average again.

Excellent point. :thup:

Wigan will be relegated next season.

Hoe do you work that out?

New manager who likes to play football, they'll be more open and will get cut to pieces.

Just my opinion like but we'll see.

New manager who likes to play football, they'll be more open and will get cut to pieces.

Depends on their transfer activity I guess but yeah, he could easily find out the hard way that the existing squad doesn't fit his style. There's much less opportunity for experimentation in the Premier League where any frailty is punished.

Aye a fair enough point mate, Brown reckons Hull tried to play football and they just survived but I dunno I think Wigan will be fine.

The other way is just as bad though, the Big Sam every man behind the ball crap.

Aye a fair enough point mate, Brown reckons Hull tried to play football and they just survived but I dunno I think Wigan will be fine.

The other way is just as bad though, the Big Sam every man behind the ball crap.

Oh dont get me wrong, I'd love 20 teams in the prem to play football.  Its never going to happen now, the cloggers are in there, Sam Allerdyce and his school of gybshytes are entrenched in the league and for some reason the media love it.

Actually, I think Wigan have just upgraded their manager and they will be better next season.

Whelan must be ecstatic right now.

Martinez will get them playing a more open sort of game and I could see the kind of success Fulham enjoyed this year.

I don't think they will get ripped to shreds like West Brom did for example because they already have a solid set of defenders in place already, all of whom are premier league experienced.

Actually, I think Wigan have just upgraded their manager and they will be better next season.

Whelan must be ecstatic right now.

Martinez will get them playing a more open sort of game and I could see the kind of success Fulham enjoyed this year.

I don't think they will get ripped to shreds like West Brom did for example because they already have a solid set of defenders in place already, all of whom are premier league experienced.

I think they may get abused off cloggers.

Wigan and Dave Whelan showing more intelligence than Ashley and Co... again.

As someone said Martinez could be an upgrade for Wigan, with a profit.

I'd like to see Wigan get relegated tbh, but I wouldn't like to see a Roberto Martinez side get relegated. I appreciate his beliefs in how the game should be played, but I'm not sure if there's room in the PL for someone like that to try and play like that as well as finding his feet on the managerial ground at this level.

I'd like to see Wigan get relegated tbh, but I wouldn't like to see a Roberto Martinez side get relegated. I appreciate his beliefs in how the game should be played, but I'm not sure if there's room in the PL for someone like that to try and play like that as well as finding his feet on the managerial ground at this level.

I think he would do well at a club who could buy decent footballers, but it's a risk at a place like Wigan where the budget will be tight.

That was supposed to happen in the Championship when Swansea went up. He'll keep Wigan up next season, I am sure there will be funds there for him to spend plus he will make a fortune on Antonio Valencia going to a big club.

The talk is that he has immense contacts in Spain, hence why he was able to bring some very good Spaniards to Swansea. Jordi Gomez is a very good example of this and is Ranghel (Sp?).