Some old Ryan Taylor thread

Mistle17

Can't believe we're getting £6m plus a player for Zog. :nope:

Always thought he'd end up going for some pittance like £3m, given how far he's fallen since those early glimmers of potential. Bruce knows what he's doing, though - think he'll turn out to be a good signing for them.

TBH R Taylor is a £4m player when fit, stiff competition for Beye when he gets back and someone who can actually take a freekick.

£10m for Zoggy  :lol: Crackers.

He can play right back, left back, left wing and right wing.

Versatile.

TBH R Taylor is a £4m player when fit, stiff competition for Beye when he gets back and someone who can actually take a freekick.

Versatile.

Not very well according to the Wigan forum I was reading earlier. They reckon he's a right back and nothing else.

Guest LucaAltieri

Versatile.

Not very well according to the Wigan forum I was reading earlier. They reckon he's a right back and nothing else.

Phil Neville Jr.

Zoggy was supposedly off to Fulham a few seasons ago few only £3m or something like that. So to get 6m plus a good player for him now is just great news.  :celb:

All we need now is another CM and a LB if we can....then we'll be looking half decent.

Versatile.

Fair enough for me like. :thup:

Still bet that he's a better option for left-back than N'Zogbia/Edgar, like.

Zoggy was supposedly off to Fulham a few seasons ago few only £3m or something like that. So to get 6m plus a good player for him now is just great news.  :celb:

All we need now is another CM and a LB if we can....then we'll be looking half decent.

was the beginning of last season. geremi convinced N'Zogbia to stay instead.

Yeah, before we all start getting our dicks out and high fiving each other you've got to remember that after Shay goes we'll still have the same number of players on staff unless we manage to get a few more in.

I'm happy with the business that's gone on so far, but we really do need more depth.

Yeah, before we all start getting our dicks out and high fiving each other you've got to remember that after Shay goes we'll still have the same number of players on staff unless we manage to get a few more in.

I'm happy with the business that's gone on so far, but we really do need more depth.

Goalkeepers don't really count though.

In terms of outfield players, we'll be up. Hopefully by about 3 by the end of the window.

We'll have one extra! lol! Got in Lovenkrands, Nolan and Taylor, Got rid of Insomnia and Given (possibly!) It's a start at least to "squad depth"  :kinnear:

I forgot about Lovenkrands actually. Fair point.

I love how the optimism has risen ten fold in the last 24 hours. About time there was less moping about the place.

Even HTT is managing it.

Just hope it doesn't come crashing down again on Sunday

Surprised he wants to go to Wigan tbh. Unless he sees it as a shop window for 12months.

Not a bad financial deal for you but there's not much time to spend it either...

I'd rather have Taylor than N'Zog as it stands (don't think he's a better player mind). If we can reinvest the money I'll be happy. Unless we somehow spend it on Alan Smith again.

Surprised he wants to go to Wigan tbh. Unless he sees it as a shop window for 12months.

Not a bad financial deal for you but there's not much time to spend it either...

If anything we were overstocked on the left wing, Taylor should bring a bit of balance, albeit not quite the same league of excitement as N'Zogbia is capable of.

would like to see us get another pacy right winger, but we need a LB, CM, Striker and experienced CB before then!

I'd rather have Taylor than N'Zog as it stands (don't think he's a better player mind). If we can reinvest the money I'll be happy. Unless we somehow spend it on Alan Smith again.

Now we just need a top quality striker on loan before Sunday!

Yes because clubs are all rushing to put top strikers on loan. No offence, but we have to be realistic here. I'd be happy with the Jan window if we end up with Lovenkrads, Nolan, Taylor + 1 more. This doesn't mean that we've got an in depth squad, but we can't buy all at once (especially given the percarious financial position we find ourselves in). Our squad should be good enough though to survive relegation which as much I hate to admit it, surely has to be the goal for this season

• 2 years later...