Pre Match: West Bromwich Albion vs. Newcastle United - 07/02/09 3pm

joeyt

A win would be massive, it would give us something to keep our heads above the water through the next 4 or 5 very difficult fixtures, after that we should have our strikers up and running as well.

Anyone noticed how West Brom have 9 players injured? 2nd in the PhysioRoom.com table.

They have some players due back on 7th Feb like we do.

Aren't most of those injuries recent?

Not sure, I hope so though! we really need to come away from this game with a win.  The fact they have plenty of injuries does make me feel we have a better chance for glory.

Guest Wally_McFool

West Brom have 9 players injured!

Knowing our present luck the game will be called off  because of the snow!   :tickedoff:

(Altogether now... FECK OFF SNOW!)

Has anyone done the bbc league predictor for this weekends results?

I've done all the opposition ones then done the three possible outcomes from our game.  From my predictions, I've got us finishing these places...

Win = 13th

Draw = 15th

Loss = 16th

Previously I believed that we would most likely draw this game, but now I've seen how many injuries West Brom are suffering from and I have a feeling we could grind out a win here.

Got to be careful though, Spurs came here thinking a win could happen and they left with no points.  The league doesn't read well if we lose, West Brom could jump out of the relegation spots and in to 15th! - Boro may go bottom then Blackburn and with Stoke filling the remaining spot but level on points with Pompey and us.  Massive game, I will be so happy if we win.

Guest toonlass

Smacks of us getting beat 1-0 now.

Wigan, Hull, Sheff Utd, Derby

Feels like one of them.

We haven't even played yet and you have us beat.

I'm quietly confident we'll win this one, West Brom are maybe even worse than us, even at full strength.

TBH West Brom have been a better footballing side than us throughout the season, by that i mean when it comes to apssing the ball about. However, they lack severe quality up front and in defence.

I expect alot of possession from them but perhaps a killer touch for us, Martins is key.

On .co.uk, Joe reckons Oba is closest to starting out of the returning forwards but that Smith and Viduka could both be in contention. At the least he expects them to be on the bench and fit to come on for a spell.

Guest Heneage

I'm quietly confident we'll win this one, West Brom are maybe even worse than us, even at full strength.

TBH West Brom have been a better footballing side than us throughout the season, by that i mean when it comes to apssing the ball about. However, they lack severe quality up front and in defence.

I expect alot of possession from them but perhaps a killer touch for us, Martins is key.

They are but a lot of their more technical players are missing.

On .co.uk, Joe reckons Oba is closest to starting out of the returning forwards but that Smith and Viduka could both be in contention. At the least he expects them to be on the bench and fit to come on for a spell.

Smith is shite, but with strikers of the calibre of Martins and Viduka in the lineup we look much better, on paper at least.

Guest icemanblue

Will it be on? Birmingham had 8 inches of snow this morning apparently.

Wor lass had 8 inches this morning and she's still on.

Wahey! :lol: