Pre Match: West Bromwich Albion vs. Newcastle United - 07/02/09 3pm

joeyt

If Oba plays anything could happen.

I have been thinking the same thing. Our hope for survival rests with him - he is a confidence player so the supporters really need to get behind him in a big way.

He needs to have at least three of those "out of nothing" goals he scores in the next few games. This is a six pointer and the rest of the fixtures frighten me.

Worrying sign of the times when we celebrate when players like Simpson playing for teams like West Brom are thought to be injured.

We could be playing Blyth and I'd be happy if the top scorer was out.

:lol:

Oh dear.

No no I don't mean like, that's how bad we are. I mean it strengthens our chance of winning. Any advantage is good in my books.

I knew what you meant but fit and fighting we shouldn't be thinking to ourselves "s*** Simpson is playing" when he's an average player that shouldn't be worrying us. Similarly we shouldn't be worried by any player from Blyth hence it wouldn't normally bother me if he's injured or not. We should be more worried about our own game.

However at this current time we need as much luck as we can get and unfortunately players like Simpson are able to do damage when playing well.

It's been a few years since we've been able to be complacent about average goalscorer's from bottom sides.

In fact, the likes of Cameron Jerome/Danny Weber/Marlon King have had an uncanny knack for f***ing us up.

Yep, as I say worrying.

would be nice if JFK can send out a side in the first half that actually fancies playing a game of football rather than giving the ball away and letting the opposition score.

The biggest thing that worries me at the minute is the lack of confidence and motivation instilled into the team. If there was one thing I thought JFK would do, it would be firing the players up to perform to their best every game. Unless he hits a winning formular soon I think it might well be bye bye JFK aswell as our premiership status.

If colo is out

---------------------------Harper---------------------------

R.Taylor------S.Taylor----------------Bassong-----Enrique

Duff----------Nolan--------------------Butt----------Lovenkrands

---------------Ameobi----------Martins------------------

Would be nice enough.

Guest ExiledGeordie

Like so many people keep mentioning a team with Martins in suddenly looks quite dangerous. This fixture is massive as there's a two week break before the Everton home game. They have to give absolutely everything here and then could not only go into the Everton game with some confidence but with more players fully fit. A full 11 out against Everton at home with a win behind us and we could be a real handfull for Everton. I really like the idea of Martins and Carroll together but "IF" Viduka can come in and support to then it would be a real boost. Viduka could be massive, just always bloody injured ffs.

Guest ExiledGeordie

Well they lost last night. SUch an important game with the two week break but I feel a little better about it with their loss last night, not getting beaten in the derby and the likes of Martins and Viduka back.

Guest ExiledGeordie

Would be good to see Lovenkrands get a decent run out with his pace, could cause them some trouble combining with Martins pace. Duff just does nothing thesedays, looks really awkward to watch too.

i don't think løvenkrands is match fit yet, and martins really needs to be eased into things...

harper

taylor

colo

bassong

enrique

taylor

butt

nolan

duff

ameobi

carroll

with oba and løvenkrands coming on in the second half...

I'd start LuaLua in this game instead of Duff because he has pace and has the bottle to take the ball up and put a cross in.

So would I. Shame we know it won't happen though.

don`t think we`ll see Lua Lua or Ranger on the bench this season from now on .......with Smith, Shola and Viduka coming back. Lua Lua`s place on the bench will be taken by Smith  I`m sure. Shola will take Ranger`s place if Viduka and Martins are fit.

Will be very surprised to see anything other than:

Harper

S. Taylor      Coloccini      Bassong      Enrique

R. Taylor          Butt          Nolan          Duff

Ameobi      Martins

SUBS: Krul, Edgar, Geremi, Lovenkrands, Smith, Carroll, Viduka.

2-2 draw, loads of talk on the radio about having 4 strikers on the bench...

Guest Heneage

Would Martins Ameobi work? I seem to remember Martins was getting rather annoyed with him last time they played up top together.

Would Martins Ameobi work? I seem to remember Martins was getting rather annoyed with him last time they played up top together.

are you in the least bit surprised? When Ameobi is in the time it gives JFK that extra incentive to play stupid long balls with Shola flicking them onto the linesman's flag