Pre Match: West Bromwich Albion vs. Newcastle United - 07/02/09 3pm

joeyt

Viduka was booed off when he started at Wigan, with mackem-esque "You're not fit to wear the shirt" ringing around

It wasn't when he started, it's when he decided to walk off the pitch and straight down the tunnel before he'd even be substituted that he got booed.

when he last started i mean

Guest Heneage

Viduka was booed off when he started at Wigan, with mackem-esque "You're not fit to wear the shirt" ringing around

It wasn't when he started, it's when he decided to walk off the pitch and straight down the tunnel before he'd even be substituted that he got booed.

when he last started i mean

I'm guessing he was injured?

Just looking at the fixtures theres some good looking matches this weekend as far as potential results for us could go. I wouldn't want it postponed. Three points for us on Saturday and a very good chance of defeat for the likes of Boro, Blackburn, Hull, Bolton, Spurs and Stoke or Sunderland, plus us of course stopping West Brom getting any points would be massive.

I would go:

---------------------------Harper---------------------------

R.Taylor------S.Taylor----------------Bassong-----Enrique

Duff----------Nolan--------------------Butt----------Lovenkrands

---------------Ameobi----------Martins------------------

If Carroll is fit i would start him over Ameobi. I would be wary about starting Viduka cos he is vital to us for the rest of the season if we can get games out of him, so i would look to give him a decent 20 minute run out. I think that team is strong enough to get a win down there. Its not anywhere near our best team but just seeing a couple of fresh faces and having Martins back gives me a bit of confidence for this match. Its not a good enough team to beat many teams like.

I would go:

Wheres Jonas? Am I missing something? Don't think here's injured? Ideally I'd put Lovenkrands up front with Martins and bring Jonas into midfield.

Edit: Read back and noted he's suspended. Damn, could have done with his direct running at West Brom! They would have shat their pants! I'd probably go with that team then. Maybe bringing on Smith with 20 mins to go replace Shola.

Looks like Simpson has gone off after half an hour. Hope he's out. Looks a handy player.

Mentioned earlier in the thread that he's looked a threat for them. Huge boost for us if he's injured.

I would go:

This.

1-0 Newcastle with Smith scoring off the bench.  :pow:

Guest Heneage

Worrying sign of the times when we celebrate when players like Simpson playing for teams like West Brom are thought to be injured.

We could be playing Blyth and I'd be happy if the top scorer was out.

Guest Heneage

Worrying sign of the times when we celebrate when players like Simpson playing for teams like West Brom are thought to be injured.

:lol:

Oh dear.

No no I don't mean like, that's how bad we are. I mean it strengthens our chance of winning. Any advantage is good in my books.

I would go:

This.

1-0 Newcastle with Smith scoring off the bench.  :pow:

No chance of the useless cunt scoring on the pitch.

Oh dear.

No no I don't mean like, that's how bad we are. I mean it strengthens our chance of winning. Any advantage is good in my books.

I knew what you meant but fit and fighting we shouldn't be thinking to ourselves "Shit Simpson is playing" when he's an average player that shouldn't be worrying us. Similarly we shouldn't be worried by any player from Blyth hence it wouldn't normally bother me if he's injured or not. We should be more worried about our own game.

However at this current time we need as much luck as we can get and unfortunately players like Simpson are able to do damage when playing well.

Oh dear.

I knew what you meant but fit and fighting we shouldn't be thinking to ourselves "s*** Simpson is playing" when he's an average player that shouldn't be worrying us. Similarly we shouldn't be worried by any player from Blyth hence it wouldn't normally bother me if he's injured or not. We should be more worried about our own game.

However at this current time we need as much luck as we can get and unfortunately players like Simpson are able to do damage when playing well.

It's been a few years since we've been able to be complacent about average goalscorer's from bottom sides.

In fact, the likes of Cameron Jerome/Danny Weber/Marlon King have had an uncanny knack for fucking us up.