Ryan Taylor

Dave

Think my hate of Larsson clouded my judgement a bit above.

Like I said on the previous page that Raylor is limited in terms of his general play which is why he shouldn't be a starter. Thinking about it, Larsson's general play is actually better.

(Would still rather have Raylor in the squad over Larsson though).

Squad player, nothing more, nothing less.  Although if he starts at centre mid with Guthrie on Sunday, I think we'll struggle.  He looked really poor there I thought.  I see him as cover for the full back positions and right wing, he is terrible in the middle of the park.

Agreed. I would prefer Guthrie to be partnered by a proper defensive midfield player for the Villa and Spurs matches, preferably Abeid but could live with Perch as he seems to have hit a patch of decent form. I think Pardew prefers to include Raylor for the set pieces and I rate him more than most, but I feel central midfield is too important a position for such a consideration, especially against a midfield 3 (5), which both Villa and Spurs seem to deploy.

Just like having a back up girlfriend who has a good rack is reasonable in the sack and gives great head, but is not really a looker. Not bad but not the kind you wanna see each day or show off to your mates. But she is available 24/7 and does not complain when you dont pitch up for a while.

Now would you throw her number away? Not likely, unless you find a better option.

pretty spot on analogy there :lol:

I'd rather we just used Raylor down the right side when we do play him. He's a shit footballer but there will be games where he can be used to just close the game up and stop the opposition playing if they are far too good for us. The problem with playing him of course is that sometimes it makes the opposition far too good for us as witnessed by Blackburn's domination of the midfield on wednesday.

Just like having a back up girlfriend who has a good rack is reasonable in the sack and gives great head, but is not really a looker. Not bad but not the kind you wanna see each day or show off to your mates. But she is available 24/7 and does not complain when you dont pitch up for a while.

Now would you throw her number away? Not likely, unless you find a better option.

U must have had a few like that then hey?  O0

had?  :hmm:

had?  :hmm:

I humbly apologise sir  :embarrassed:

Wants a new contract

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/02/05/ryan-taylor-i-d-love-to-be-offered-new-deal-79310-30267952/

RYAN TAYLOR hopes to be among the Newcastle United stars rewarded with a new deal this summer.

The club are planning some big changes in the close season as the last of the big earners, Alan Smith, moves on.

That means more movement in and out of the club – despite this season’s stellar efforts so far.

Taylor has been one of the most consistent performers this term, playing in a variety of positions to give Alan Pardew an invaluable utility man to plug gaps created by injuries.

With 18 months left on his current deal, he hopes that will prompt the club to offer him fresh terms and secure his future on Tyneside.

“My patience has paid off (this season),” he said.

“I have 18 months left here and I would love to stay here.

“But I will just keep my head down, get on with things and who knows?”

Couldn't have put that any better myself  :lol:

Wants a new contract

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/02/05/ryan-taylor-i-d-love-to-be-offered-new-deal-79310-30267952/

RYAN TAYLOR hopes to be among the Newcastle United stars rewarded with a new deal this summer.

The club are planning some big changes in the close season as the last of the big earners, Alan Smith, moves on.

That means more movement in and out of the club – despite this season’s stellar efforts so far.

Taylor has been one of the most consistent performers this term, playing in a variety of positions to give Alan Pardew an invaluable utility man to plug gaps created by injuries.

With 18 months left on his current deal, he hopes that will prompt the club to offer him fresh terms and secure his future on Tyneside.

“My patience has paid off (this season),” he said.

“I have 18 months left here and I would love to stay here.

“But I will just keep my head down, get on with things and who knows?”

Should get one imo.

Couldn't have put that any better myself  :lol:

Spot on, don't see why we wouldn't be looking to keep Ryan Taylor Mackem Slayer around. Solid squad player  and has certainly earned it this season.